How do i output sound through the back panel jack and the front jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 278
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
       #1

    How do i output sound through the back panel jack and the front jack


    Hey guys! I want to output sound both through the headphone jack on the front of my case and the sound jack at the back of the computer, how would i do this? I looked around in the sound setttings and the realtek audo and couldn't find anything.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 8,137
    Windows 10 64 bit
       #2

    Some RealTek HD Audio Managers have an option to either mute the speakers when a headset is plugged in or like what you want, do not mute the speakers.

    On mine, click on Device Advanced Settings and it brings up another screen with the options.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do i output sound through the back panel jack and the front jack-capture.jpg  
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 21,007
    Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
       #3

    Mate I have the -V board and I have a cable hook up from the board header to it yours should have the same. Did you miss the cabling when you built??

    If you look you can find the headers along the side of the board which the 6Gbs SATA ports are on

    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z77V_LX/#overview
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 278
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    Thread Starter
       #4

    ICit2lol said:
    Mate I have the -V board and I have a cable hook up from the board header to it yours should have the same. Did you miss the cabling when you built??

    If you look you can find the headers along the side of the board which the 6Gbs SATA ports are on

    P8Z77-V LX - Motherboards - ASUS
    What do you mean by headers?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 21,007
    Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
       #5

    Take a look at the pics self explanatory and this is the reference for the manual :)

    P8Z77-V LX - Motherboards - ASUS

    A coupl of extra shots to make it clearer:)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do i output sound through the back panel jack and the front jack-asus1.png   How do i output sound through the back panel jack and the front jack-manual.png   How do i output sound through the back panel jack and the front jack-man3.png   How do i output sound through the back panel jack and the front jack-man2.png  
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 8,137
    Windows 10 64 bit
       #6

    Did I miss something? I thought the user wanted to output from the headphone and speakers at the same time? Not how to hook up the front panel headphone/mic jacks?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 21,007
    Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
       #7

    fireberd said:
    Did I miss something? I thought the user wanted to output from the headphone and speakers at the same time? Not how to hook up the front panel headphone/mic jacks?
    Jack in post #1 Jem says he wanted the headphones from the front jack and from the back or at least that is how I read it

    Like you said mostly the phones in either source will disable the speakers but I think maybe Jem is under the impression - I stand to be corrected that he can have headphones connected to both at the same time for a second listener?? I suppose I should have asked if he had those headers hooked up to the front panel

    Sorry mate I will butt out.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 8,137
    Windows 10 64 bit
       #8

    Its OK, just that I thought I had misinterpreted what the user wanted.

    In some RealTek systems, such as mine that I posted the screen capture, there is an option to have both the headphone and speakers active at the same time, or as it usually works the headphone mutes the speakers.

    Jack
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 21,007
    Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
       #9

    fireberd said:
    Its OK, just that I thought I had misinterpreted what the user wanted.

    In some RealTek systems, such as mine that I posted the screen capture, there is an option to have both the headphone and speakers active at the same time, or as it usually works the headphone mutes the speakers.

    Jack
    No worries mate the post could have been a tad more expicit:)
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 8,137
    Windows 10 64 bit
       #10

    No further comment from the user. Something we said must have fixed it for them.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:15.
Find Us