Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Realtek issues with Windows 7

02 Nov 2009   #1
delvinv

windows 7 ultimate (32-bit)
 
 
Realtek issues with Windows 7

Hi, my Acer machine came pre-bundled with Windows Vista, i used it for a year and then came to XP SP3, which i used until a week ago when i did a clean install of windows 7 ultimate.

Now i am having issues with Windows 7 and realtek. Whenever i play ANY kind of sound on my computer it makes a buzz/ fuzzy noise alongside the sound being played.

i have tried:

  • re-installing driver and software from realtek website
  • updating BIOS
but still my issue persists.
NOTE that i can play music when i uninstall the realtek driver. it is buzz free but it is however at low sound and low quality.

Need any more details? Please ask.

i have attached a dxdiag report and a recording of a tune being played (only 91.5 KB) so you can understand what i am talking about.

Any help would be appreciated greatly.




Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (28.6 KB, 136 views)
File Type: zip sound.zip (91.5 KB, 99 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Nov 2009   #2
Fluffy

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

That is either a codec issue or badly installed drivers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2009   #3
delvinv

windows 7 ultimate (32-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
That is either a codec issue or badly installed drivers.
this has nothing to do with codecs. its the fact that the drivers are having an incompatibility with windows 7. figuring out what it actually is, is the hardest problem.

as for drivers, i have already reinstalled drivers thrice and not once does it work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Nov 2009   #4
thefabe

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

These are the latest drivers .Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version Are they the ones you are using?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2009   #5
ricciolo

vista
 
 

I have same problem with Realtek drivers!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2009   #6
delvinv

windows 7 ultimate (32-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
These are the latest drivers .Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version Are they the ones you are using?
yes i did (at least three times)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2009   #7
Odelay

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Did you run it twice? The initial set-up removes the installed drivers, then you must do a restart and run the set-up again to get the new drivers installed. Check your device manager and see what drivers and version you have installed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2009   #8
delvinv

windows 7 ultimate (32-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Odelay View Post
Did you run it twice? The initial set-up removes the installed drivers, then you must do a restart and run the set-up again to get the new drivers installed. Check your device manager and see what drivers and version you have installed.
if im smart enough to update the bios then surely i am smart to realise that the installer uninstalls the current version before the new version (as it said so on the front screen of the installer)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2009   #9
Odelay

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by delvinv View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Odelay View Post
Did you run it twice? The initial set-up removes the installed drivers, then you must do a restart and run the set-up again to get the new drivers installed. Check your device manager and see what drivers and version you have installed.
if im smart enough to update the bios then surely i am smart to realise that the installer uninstalls the current version before the new version (as it said so on the front screen of the installer)

Good luck! I am sure being friendly is your greatest asset.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2009   #10
delvinv

windows 7 ultimate (32-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Odelay View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by delvinv View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Odelay View Post
Did you run it twice? The initial set-up removes the installed drivers, then you must do a restart and run the set-up again to get the new drivers installed. Check your device manager and see what drivers and version you have installed.
if im smart enough to update the bios then surely i am smart to realise that the installer uninstalls the current version before the new version (as it said so on the front screen of the installer)

Good luck! I am sure being friendly is your greatest asset.
i apologise dearly for that. if you try to understand my situation, you would be setting your cat on fire. after i pay 80 for an os that i had been anticipating for months and i am forced to suffer when it comes to audio playback. i am seriously at odds at what to do.

anyone i ask for help is treating me like newbie which i am not.
sorry for that again, can you help.

Peace offerings
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Realtek issues with Windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Realtek Issues
Hello. Just so recently I had to uninstall a few programs due to some texture/bugs. Unfortunately I accidentally uninstalled something in the regards of Realtek. (I am not quite sure what I uninstalled as I did it quickly). When I hover my mouse above the speaker icon, it says "No speaker or...
Sound & Audio
Microphone not wroking[Realtek issues]
Hey,new here, anyway here is my problem : I recently bought a new computer, got windows 7 ultimate, everything worked so fine xD till i got to try the microphone...seems like i have an ALC 889 Realtek HD integrated audio, and the funny thing is that it reads my microphone but no sound, only...
Sound & Audio
Realtek HD ALC883 Issues
I don't know if anyone has this issue, I didn't search the other threads. Well my sound has really low quality with Windows 7. I tried every beta since 7048 till the RC1 and some more that are newer.When I was with XP it was working fine.Now only my foobar2000 makes good sound(with...
Sound & Audio
Realtek AC'97 Driver BSOD issues
Okay, this issue is for a friend's computer, for the life of me I can't figure it out trying to solve the problem. Their sound does not work on their computer, presumably the sound card is not installed. They reformatted the computer and for whatever issue, their sound was not installed when they...
Sound & Audio
Realtek Audio Issues
Yesterday I installed Windows 7 Build 7264 32 bit. everything was working right I installed everything and it was all ok and was listing to music in itunes perfectly. I restarted the computer and the sound was gone. First I tried reinstalling the realtek drivers, but the install no longer worked...
Sound & Audio
Realtek AC'97 issues
Hi i only just installed the new evaluation copy of windows 7 the other week and i seem to have some issues with my sound... its onboard Realtek sound and whenever i try too install the latest drivers, they install fine... but once i restart my computer so they will take effect i start getting the...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App