Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

03 Sep 2019   #1311
erpster4

Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64bit [x64]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by erpster4 View Post
Don't use the newly released 6.0.8777.1 HDA driver though - 8777 is not WHQL for Win7 and only for Win10.

I take this part back. it seems Realtek quietly made updated 6.0.8777.1 FF00 and FF01 HDA driver packages near the end of August that have added Win7 WHQL compatibility.


there are also new 6.0.8781.1 FF00/FF0C drivers that are also compatible with Win7


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Sep 2019   #1312
Melchior

Windows 7 ULTIMATE (SP1)(x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by erpster4 View Post
I take this part back. it seems Realtek quietly made updated 6.0.8777.1 FF00 and FF01 HDA driver packages near the end of August that have added Win7 WHQL compatibility.


there are also new 6.0.8781.1 FF00/FF0C drivers that are also compatible with Win7
I'm using 6.0.8781.1 and it works ok... It has issues of no sound after reboot after install but it goes away and doesn't happen again...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
2 Weeks Ago   #1313
erpster4

Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64bit [x64]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
I'm using 6.0.8781.1 and it works ok... It has issues of no sound after reboot after install but it goes away and doesn't happen again...

I don't experience that problem on any of my machines using Realtek audio with 8781.



but try the newer 8791.1 or 8799.1 HDA drivers (the 8787 FF00 version is WHQL for Win10 only), Melchior.
8791 & 8799 are compatible with Win7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

2 Weeks Ago   #1314
Melchior

Windows 7 ULTIMATE (SP1)(x64)
 
 

6.0.8799.1 is what I am using now... and it did happen again... it goes away after a little while... but is still annoying...
it only happens after install and reboot... once then goes away.... ie. the audio works fine after that and after other reboots..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
2 Weeks Ago   #1315
realflow100

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

I ended up just using windows build in audio driver cause the realtek one takes away room correction and loudness equalization which I sometimes use
and I use equalizer apo for other more specific calibrations. tweaking speaker response removing resonances and peaks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
2 Weeks Ago   #1316
erpster4

Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64bit [x64]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by realflow100 View Post
I ended up just using windows build in audio driver cause the realtek one takes away room correction and loudness equalization which I sometimes use
and I use equalizer apo for other more specific calibrations. tweaking speaker response removing resonances and peaks.

what computer are you using, realflow100? My old HP pavilion media center m8417c desktop PC using Realtek ALC888S audio has the Room Correction option available (need to be using 5.1 or 7.1 speakers to use this option - it won't work with quadraphonic 4/4.1 nor with stereo 2/2.1 speaker configs) - see pic below

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version-realtek-hda-cpl-roomcorrection-option.png


And when I install any new Realtek HDA driver on my HP computer, they always enable Loudness Equalization by default (it's an HP thing as that behavior happens on many HP brand desktop/laptop PCs)




Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
6.0.8799.1 is what I am using now... and it did happen again... it goes away after a little while... but is still annoying...
it only happens after install and reboot... once then goes away.... ie. the audio works fine after that and after other reboots..

Do you have another computer that uses Realtek audio where you can reproduce this problem, Melchior? or are you only getting this problem with your Asus board?


When I install new Realtek HDA drivers, I always "clean install" them, meaning I uninstall the old drivers, reboot and install the new ones fresh and reboot again for the new drivers to take effect. I never, never install new versions on top of old ones.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
2 Weeks Ago   #1317
Melchior

Windows 7 ULTIMATE (SP1)(x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by erpster4 View Post
Do you have another computer that uses Realtek audio where you can reproduce this problem, Melchior? or are you only getting this problem with your Asus board?


When I install new Realtek HDA drivers, I always "clean install" them, meaning I uninstall the old drivers, reboot and install the new ones fresh and reboot again for the new drivers to take effect. I never, never install new versions on top of old ones.

I use the default setup.exe to install.. so it forces the uninstall reboot install reboot... sequence...
its after that process of the last reboot I get no audio for a length of time it goes away and doesn't happen again... it was not doing it before... version.. I don't recall when it started happening.. but it was recent... some time in the last 10 builds...




I have an very old laptop Toshiba that has an old Realtek audio chip....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
2 Weeks Ago   #1318
realflow100

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

I'm on an HP 8300 SFF with windows 7 pro 64-bit
My System SpecsSystem Spec
2 Weeks Ago   #1319
erpster4

Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64bit [x64]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
I have an very old laptop Toshiba that has an old Realtek audio chip....

aww come on Melchior, you can do better than that since there are so many kinds of "old" Toshiba laptops. run either Hwinfo or Speccy to determine the series & model no. of that Toshiba laptop [I suspect it may be using a Realtek ALC269 audio chip - you'll have to run the Realtek HD Audio Manager app (either RtkNGUI64.exe or RAVCpl64.exe,) then click on the "i" icon on the bottom right hand corner of that app to display the Realtek audio chip model and driver version, like this example below - I run this on my old HP m8417c computer and Realtek HD Audio Manager showed the following]:



Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version-realtek-hda-v8799-alc888s.png


at least realflow100 is more specific in mentioning what kind of HP computer he's using though I would like for him to run the Realtek HD Audio Manager app and gather the model # of the Realtek chip being used on there


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by realflow100 View Post
I'm on an HP 8300 SFF with windows 7 pro 64-bit

is this your computer?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
2 Weeks Ago   #1320
Melchior

Windows 7 ULTIMATE (SP1)(x64)
 
 

its a 2008 Toshiba Satellite with Windows 7 ULTIMATE SP1 x64

I just didn't feel like booting it up...
running ALC268 and driver version v6.0.1.8224
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Difference between Realtek HD Audio Manager & Realtek HD Audio Driver
It's been a year since I migrated from Windows XP to Windows 7 which I downloaded Realtek HD Audio Manager R2.70 and audio has been working fine except the only issue it didn't come with 'Stereo Mix' preventing capability to record sound direct from the soundcard. It took me 14 months to restore...
Sound & Audio
ASUS/Realtek, Latest Realtek versus default W7 Audio driver
I installed the Realtek HD audio driver from the ASUS download site (P8Z68-V Pro MB) and all was well until I installed an MSI 560TI video card and let it install the Nvidia HD Audio drivers. The problem I have been chasing ever since was the Realtek HD Audio Manager popping up after the system...
Sound & Audio
Latest realtek driver made my audio system sound terrible
I just installed the latest driver and now the sound qulity is notso good as before even i ddint change anything in my realteck manger. I dont know if it counts but I my windows is installing automatically another driver HD audio device but I dont think that matter since I have that disabled and...
Sound & Audio
i've no 5.1 sound and using latest Realtek audio driver
i've no 5.1 sound, only 2way i have last driver.. how i can resolve.. internet is full peolple with this issue.
Sound & Audio
Difficulties in downloading latest Realtek Audio Driver
Hello everyone. I'm not sure if this is just me but when I am downloading the latest Realtek drivers, I am having serious problems. For example, when I open the file, it says along the lines of "Invalid file, please download again" :mad2:. I've downloaded it twice, using both .zip files and .exe...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:45.
Twitter Facebook