Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: No sound in windows 7

20 Nov 2009   #11
spettro

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spettro View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post

Sounds like you just downloaded the ZIP folder...

Go back and download the Executable file
Tried again, downlading "Vista, Windows7 Driver(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)". Its the only one on the page thats an executable file for windows 7
Anr running it does nothing?
Nothing at all. I've checked the folder where its gone

Program files (86) \ Realtek \ Audio \ Drivers \ and RtlUpd64 is the only application, which doesn't run. The audio section in my motherboard user guide says its a "VIA VT1708s 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC". Does that support realtek? I tried to find drivers for it, but everything I found just brought me to driverpro or related software that is no help.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Nov 2009   #12
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spettro View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spettro View Post
Tried again, downlading "Vista, Windows7 Driver(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)". Its the only one on the page thats an executable file for windows 7
Anr running it does nothing?
Nothing at all. I've checked the folder where its gone

Program files (86) \ Realtek \ Audio \ Drivers \ and RtlUpd64 is the only application, which doesn't run. The audio section in my motherboard user guide says its a "VIA VT1708s 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC". Does that support realtek? I tried to find drivers for it, but everything I found just brought me to driverpro or related software that is no help.
Can you tell me the exact model of your computer and the MOBO in it?

I may have jumped the gun on the REALTEK
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #13
spettro

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spettro View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post

Anr running it does nothing?
Nothing at all. I've checked the folder where its gone

Program files (86) \ Realtek \ Audio \ Drivers \ and RtlUpd64 is the only application, which doesn't run. The audio section in my motherboard user guide says its a "VIA VT1708s 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC". Does that support realtek? I tried to find drivers for it, but everything I found just brought me to driverpro or related software that is no help.
Can you tell me the exact model of your computer and the MOBO in it?

I may have jumped the gun on the REALTEK
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo
Soundcard: Onboard soundcard on the motherboard "VIA VT1708s 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC"

The computer itself was built from parts rather than a model or a store model. The rest of the specs should be in my profile under the post
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Nov 2009   #14
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spettro View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spettro View Post
Nothing at all. I've checked the folder where its gone

Program files (86) \ Realtek \ Audio \ Drivers \ and RtlUpd64 is the only application, which doesn't run. The audio section in my motherboard user guide says its a "VIA VT1708s 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC". Does that support realtek? I tried to find drivers for it, but everything I found just brought me to driverpro or related software that is no help.
Can you tell me the exact model of your computer and the MOBO in it?

I may have jumped the gun on the REALTEK
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo
Soundcard: Onboard soundcard on the motherboard "VIA VT1708s 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC"

The computer itself was built from parts rather than a model or a store model. The rest of the specs should be in my profile under the post
Let me just say...finding your board at the ASUS website was hard as hell but the driver master strikes again! I have found the exact driver for you

x64:ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-
x86: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

This page also houses the drivers for the rest of your board's components...update all of your drivers while you are there (and please bookmark that address!!!!)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #15
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

apparently both links redirect to the OS selection...just choose Windows 7 (of x86) or Windows 7 x64 (if x64)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #16
spettro

windows 7
 
 

Definitely book marking this site. I went to the exact same place and couldn't find the model for the life of me. Is there a way to grab all 43 in one download? Or do they have to be done individually. Thanks again for all your time and effort.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #17
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spettro View Post
Definitely book marking this site. I went to the exact same place and couldn't find the model for the life of me. Is there a way to grab all 43 in one download? Or do they have to be done individually. Thanks again for all your time and effort.
Individually I bet...

I know what you are talking about...I managed to find a direct link off of one of those dummy websites that seemed legit...for once that evaluated as true...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #18
spettro

windows 7
 
 

Well this is funny, it does the exact same installation as the previous ones you sent me (Realtek), and it does the same thing. Creates the folder, but nothing installed. I downloaded the 2 ones under AUDIO, extracted them, and ran them both. Same thing. Do I need to make sure I get all of them done?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #19
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spettro View Post
Well this is funny, it does the exact same installation as the previous ones you sent me (Realtek), and it does the same thing. Creates the folder, but nothing installed. I downloaded the 2 ones under AUDIO, extracted them, and ran them both. Same thing. Do I need to make sure I get all of them done?
No you only need the first one under the AUDIO tab in the link...this is bizarre

Did you run the installer as an Administrator?
Run as Administrator
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #20
spettro

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spettro View Post
Well this is funny, it does the exact same installation as the previous ones you sent me (Realtek), and it does the same thing. Creates the folder, but nothing installed. I downloaded the 2 ones under AUDIO, extracted them, and ran them both. Same thing. Do I need to make sure I get all of them done?
No you only need the first one under the AUDIO tab in the link...this is bizarre

Did you run the installer as an Administrator?
Run as Administrator
Yes I did, same thing. I've done all that I can think of. I'll start posting some screenshots, maybe I'm just being really dumb and doing the wrong thing, but I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right. The window on the bottom left is the folder I downloaded, I ran AsusSetup, did the same wizard, and installed the same folder that does nothing. (The one in the top right).


Attached Thumbnails
No sound in windows 7-win7.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 No sound in windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Sony Vaio, No Sound, No Sound Card Detected, Windows Vista and Windows
Hi, I desperately need help with the following issue. Well I just purchased a Sony Vaio VGN-Z790J and it had Windows 7 preloaded on it and the audio symbol in the system tray had a red cross and I couldn't locate the sound card in Device Manager. I have tried everything possible,...
Sound & Audio
Distortion sound using onboard realtek sound card on windows 7ultimate
Hello,i recently upgrade my system from xp to windows7,i use the same realtek driver and get distortions!I try severall drivers,disable all enhancements/levels on speakers properties with no result(2.1speakers-),i configure them in stereo mode,i reduce the default format to 44100 16bits(cd...
Sound & Audio
No sound, yet windows says the sound card is fine?
Hey, I need a bit of help I'm running a Dell inspiron laptop, if this helps, but I recently had what I believe was a virus on here, my internet security (McAfee and Windows Defender) were both being turned off from time to time and I had to manually turn them back on. Then my laptop started...
Sound & Audio
Why does muting sound in Live TV mute all Windows sound?
Using a tuner card in my computer. When I mute the sound in Media Center Live TV, it mutes all the Windows sound. Any way to get around this? Would like to be able to mute the Live TV & run closed captioning while keeping all the other Windows sounds. Can't seem to find any options to set. ...
Media Center
Windows 7 start up sound/login sound
Hi, iv just installed a fresh copy of windows 7 ultimate, and iv noticed something strange with the startup/welcome sound. The sound that windows plays to welcome you to the desktop seesm to execute before I even type my password in, and when I do type my password in, it plays the sound when...
Sound & Audio
Can't record my line in sound, using USB sound device and windows 7
I've had this problem since windows vista, in windows xp i could record my line in perfectly, without any problems, but now, even if i enabled Stereo mix(tried mono also) it won't make any sound when i try playing some music. :cry: Anyony that can help me with this? Also, as stated in the...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App