Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Help with sound devices

05 Apr 2017   #1
moran32

Windows Home Premium 32bit
 
 
Help with sound devices

Hello I installed a reboot system and now I'm gone Stereo Mix I wanted to know how to return it?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Apr 2017   #2
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

Usually, installing the correct sound hardware driver (e.g. Realtek, Conexant, etc) is needed. If you only have the generic, basic function Windows Installed High Definition Audio Driver (Codec) that does not include Stereo Mix.

However, if it is available, go to the Sound Panel, Recording section. RIGHT click in a blank area in that panel and then LEFT click to Show Disabled and Disconnected Devices. If Stereo Mix is available it will now be listed and you can set it as default.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2017   #3
moran32

Windows Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
Usually, installing the correct sound hardware driver (e.g. Realtek, Conexant, etc) is needed. If you only have the generic, basic function Windows Installed High Definition Audio Driver (Codec) that does not include Stereo Mix.

However, if it is available, go to the Sound Panel, Recording section. RIGHT click in a blank area in that panel and then LEFT click to Show Disabled and Disconnected Devices. If Stereo Mix is available it will now be listed and you can set it as default.
Hi I've installed DoubleTree Realtek and still do not have a Stereo Mix
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Apr 2017   #4
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

System specs are needed for further assistance. PC Brand and Model Number or motherboard brand and model if its a custom built.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2017   #5
moran32

Windows Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
System specs are needed for further assistance. PC Brand and Model Number or motherboard brand and model if its a custom built.
How do I find all the details?
And this desktop computer is not only portable to general knowledge
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2017   #6
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

Speccy program may help you.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2017   #7
Layback Bear

Windows 10 Pro. 64/ version 1709 Windows 7 Pro/64
 
 

Here is another suggestion. A tutorial by Brink.

System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Jack
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2017   #8
moran32

Windows Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Here is another suggestion. A tutorial by Brink.

System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Jack
I have Windows 10
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2017   #9
moran32

Windows Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
Speccy program may help you.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download
It does not let me download
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2017   #10
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

If you have Windows 10, we have a forum specifically for Windows 10 Windows 10 Forums

Here is an alternate site to download speccy

Download Speccy 1.30.730 - FileHippo.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Help with sound devices




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Help with sound devices
Hello I installed a reboot system and now I'm gone Stereo Mix I wanted to know how to return it?:doh:
Sound & Audio
Sound Devices Have Disappeared
Have a Gateway M-Series laptop that came with 32 bit Vista Home Premium installed. We upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium (also 32 bit) several years ago and have had no problems until recently. We have no sound. The speaker icon in the system tray has a red X to the right of it. Clicking on it...
Sound & Audio
2 sound devices
I sometimes get a bump sound from the speakers when i access certain websites followed by some video shudder (usually on my second screen only). I have an AMDRadeon HD5970 dual GPU card. I am looking in device manager and see the following: > AMD High Definition Audio Device >...
Sound & Audio
scratching sound even if all sound devices disabled
Hi, In my headphones, I ear a constant scratching sound even if all sound devices are disabled (playback and recording). Where can comes this sound ? What can I try ? Regards,
Sound & Audio
Sound Through Two Devices
Ok, first my hardware: Bose Companion 3 Interface - 3.5mm Stereo Jack Insignia Portable USB Speakers Interface - USB What I would like to accomplish is to have Windows 7 play sound through both of these devices at the same time. My reasoning for this is that I have my...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:16.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App