Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Pausing/unpausing/scrubbing audio creates static crackles/pops

04 Apr 2018   #11
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

Just stopped by to see how you made out. I'm in a rush this morning so I'll delve into it later. However, the "CPU Throttling" is a stock statement they make on any with problems. Its not a problem on your system.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Apr 2018   #12
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

I don't see it (that I know) but are you using Wi-Fi? Wi-Fi has been known to cause the problems you have.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2018   #13
glenjj

Windows 7 pro 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
Just stopped by to see how you made out. I'm in a rush this morning so I'll delve into it later. However, the "CPU Throttling" is a stock statement they make on any with problems. Its not a problem on your system.
Okay, but this part made me wonder what's up with my CPU:
Reported CPU speed: 3408 MHz
Measured CPU speed: 1 MHz (approx.)

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.


Is this normal?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
I don't see it (that I know) but are you using Wi-Fi? Wi-Fi has been known to cause the problems you have.
I use wifi for my phone, but my PC is always using ethernet cable
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Apr 2018   #14
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

Look at the statement "the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported". Its a quirk in the program.

It shows the video as one source. For testing, remove the video card and use the built in Intel video and see if things change. Having two running spyware programs (Malwarebytes and spybot) can also be a potential problem. I have also run into problems with Chrome and the Google updater program causing latency problems (and dropouts). I had to "cleanse" my system of all Google Chrome and Updater entries (which was a mess in the registry).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2018   #15
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x3, Ubuntu
 
 

When Cleansing, I find Autoruns a useful tool to check (and disable/remove), any unneeded programs running at start, it's frightening to see what runs on a default setup especially if you install things with the defaults set, (always use the advanced option and see what's really going on )
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2018   #16
glenjj

Windows 7 pro 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
Look at the statement "the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported". Its a quirk in the program.

It shows the video as one source. For testing, remove the video card and use the built in Intel video and see if things change. Having two running spyware programs (Malwarebytes and spybot) can also be a potential problem. I have also run into problems with Chrome and the Google updater program causing latency problems (and dropouts). I had to "cleanse" my system of all Google Chrome and Updater entries (which was a mess in the registry).
I have those 2 spyware programs but i only run them when I open them, they dont run in the BG or at startup.

I was going to test the audio in safe mode only to fine audio doesnt exist in safe mode lol

And do you mean literally remove the card physically?
I'm unfamiliar with cleaning chrome update entries either, i do run CCleaner occasionally to clean things including the registry. Not sure if thats enough in this situation though.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
When Cleansing, I find Autoruns a useful tool to check (and disable/remove), any unneeded programs running at start, it's frightening to see what runs on a default setup especially if you install things with the defaults set, (always use the advanced option and see what's really going on )
Is this the same as disabling certain startup programs? which I have done in windows, but this seems more in depth
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2018   #17
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

Did you do what I suggested? Uninstall Realtek and the drivers (in the Device Manager). Then reboot and let Windows install the generic/basic function High Definition audio drivers and see if that makes any difference.

The video card was a thought as video was one of the big hits in Latency Mon. Maybe cut it down to 1920X1080 and see if that helps. You have a very high video rate 2560.

In ref to the startup, that is one item that can be tamed. Many programs startup that do not need to be.
Some anti-virus programs are more intrusive than others. I only use the (free) Microsoft Defender (what its called in Win 10) which is not intrusive. I run both Malwarebytes and Defender and they do not interfere.

My Latency Mon (short run).


Attached Thumbnails
Pausing/unpausing/scrubbing audio creates static crackles/pops-capture.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2018   #18
glenjj

Windows 7 pro 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
Did you do what I suggested? Uninstall Realtek and the drivers (in the Device Manager). Then reboot and let Windows install the generic/basic function High Definition audio drivers and see if that makes any difference.

The video card was a thought as video was one of the big hits in Latency Mon. Maybe cut it down to 1920X1080 and see if that helps. You have a very high video rate 2560.

In ref to the startup, that is one item that can be tamed. Many programs startup that do not need to be.
Some anti-virus programs are more intrusive than others. I only use the (free) Microsoft Defender (what its called in Win 10) which is not intrusive. I run both Malwarebytes and Defender and they do not interfere.

My Latency Mon (short run).
Yeah sorry I tested that, im no longer on the realtek driver, clicks/pops still happening

I also tested 1920X1080, still popping.

new test still shows issues


Attached Thumbnails
Pausing/unpausing/scrubbing audio creates static crackles/pops-ok.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2018   #19
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

Video is shown as the cause in the latest test.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2018   #20
glenjj

Windows 7 pro 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
Video is shown as the cause in the latest test.
So what can I do about that?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Pausing/unpausing/scrubbing audio creates static crackles/pops




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Sound pops and crackles. Not DPC. Specific symptoms.
Hi. My audio has been suffering from pops, clicks and crackles during play. I have two sound cards and an independent USB headset. All suffer the same regardless of enhancements, enabled status or installation order Having done a lot of research and tried just about everything including fresh...
Sound & Audio
BSOD while watching films, pausing or scrubbing in particular
hi, having lots of BSOD at the moment. have just recently water cooled my PC, so done some major overclocking. of course the first thing i did when i got BSOD was to put the system back to stock settings. it keeps happening. some other things to note: i have two gtx 580s, one evga, and one...
BSOD Help and Support
Possible solution for DPC latency pops & crackles
Well I am well and truly jiggered today and over the moon to boot! Have long been bothered by DPC latency pops and crackles during the playback of music on iTunes or Windows Media Player making it impossible to listen to. Thought it was a problem with my PC sound somewhere ... somehow .... ...
Sound & Audio
Crackles and pops after running a hardware monitoring p
rogram. :D As the title suggests, I'm having pops, crackles, short interruptions when playing back audio (Winamp, Youtube, ...). Immediately after restart (or after resuming from sleep) everything is fine. Then, after I run something like CPU-Z or HWMonitor the pops and crackles start. They...
Sound & Audio
X-Fi XtremeMusic hisses, crackles and pops
Ok, weird problem here - I've got a Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic and Win7 will detect it, and I've installed the latest drivers (2.18.0008?). When it first installs, things are fine. I get sound through iTunes and System sounds. But after the first reboot, it hisses and crackles and pops. ...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App