Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Yellow triangles in Sound, video and game controllers Device Manager

13 Feb 2019   #1
ngudulalase

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 
Yellow triangles in Sound, video and game controllers Device Manager

Someone help me
I uninstalled then restarted but It can be fixed. Sorry for my bad English.



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
13 Feb 2019   #2
Paul Black

7 HP SP1 64-bit Vista HB SP2 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3
 
 

Hi ngudulalase,

Welcome to SevenForums!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ngudulalase View Post
Someone help me
I uninstalled then restarted but It can be fixed. Sorry for my bad English.
Have you tried running Windows Update [make a system restore point first though]?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2019   #3
iko22

Windows 7 x64, Vista x64, 8.1 smartphone
 
 

Hi ngudulalase, and welcome to the Forum!


What makes you think that these devices are broken? Oh, I see the yellow triangle (under the marker pen!)

Click on any one of these devices, and it will tell you in the details pane of Device Manager what is the description of the problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Feb 2019   #4
ngudulalase

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Paul Black View Post
Hi ngudulalase,

Welcome to SevenForums!



Have you tried running Windows Update [make a system restore point first though]?
I got this error @@



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iko22 View Post
Hi ngudulalase, and welcome to the Forum!


What makes you think that these devices are broken? Oh, I see the yellow triangle (under the marker pen!)

Click on any one of these devices, and it will tell you in the details pane of Device Manager what is the description of the problem.
Here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Feb 2019   #5
iko22

Windows 7 x64, Vista x64, 8.1 smartphone
 
 

Hello ngudulalase.

You have error message. This message from Microsoft is advising you that the processor Pentium G4600 is not supported on Windows 7.

For more information on this type of error message, please read here: the processor is not supported together with the windows version that you are currently using.

This would mean that your computer would be unable to receive automatic updates from Microsoft, while you use Windows 7 on that computer.

The options available to you are to install Windows 10 on your computer hardware, or, seek to install the drivers manually.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Feb 2019   #6
johnhoh

Win7 pro x64
 
 

to fix unsupported hardware message go to the below link, click on Latest Stable Builds and download the .msi file, then run it after you download it.

GitHub - zeffy/wufuc: Disables the "Unsupported Hardware" message in Windows Update, and allows you to continue installing updates on Windows 7 and 8.1 systems with Intel Kaby Lake, AMD Ryzen, or other unsupported processors.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Feb 2019   #7
johnhoh

Win7 pro x64
 
 

to determine what drivers you need to update please post your sound device IDs. You do this by:

clicking start > run > type in CMD

then press enter

that opens a black command prompt window. At the command prompt type in:

wmic sounddev get pnpdeviceid

then press enter.

It will display your sound device IDs. But they are long strings. The quickest way to copy-and-paste them is to instead type in

wmic sounddev get pnpdeviceid>t.t

and press enter

and then type in notepad t.t and press enter

that will send the output into a file called t.t which you then opened with notepad. Just copy the contents and paste them into a post here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Feb 2019   #8
johnhoh

Win7 pro x64
 
 

you can also try nvidia smart scan to automatically update the nvidia driver. You may need to run if from internet explorer

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Automatically Detect NVIDIA Products

here is a link to the realtek driver

Realtek* Audio Driver for Windows 7* for Desktop Boards

if these work we don't need your deviceID info from my earlier post
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2019   #9
ngudulalase

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnhoh View Post
you can also try nvidia smart scan to automatically update the nvidia driver. You may need to run if from internet explorer

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Automatically Detect NVIDIA Products

here is a link to the realtek driver

Realtek* Audio Driver for Windows 7* for Desktop Boards

if these work we don't need your deviceID info from my earlier post
It did not work ;-;
Realtek* Audio Driver for Windows 7* for Desktop Boards

and Driver Software Installation did not work too


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnhoh View Post
to determine what drivers you need to update please post your sound device IDs. You do this by:

clicking start > run > type in CMD

then press enter

that opens a black command prompt window. At the command prompt type in:

wmic sounddev get pnpdeviceid

then press enter.

It will display your sound device IDs. But they are long strings. The quickest way to copy-and-paste them is to instead type in

wmic sounddev get pnpdeviceid>t.t

and press enter

and then type in notepad t.t and press enter

that will send the output into a file called t.t which you then opened with notepad. Just copy the contents and paste them into a post here
here:
PNPDeviceID
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0081&SUBSYS_14628C98&REV_1001\5&1018F24F&0&0001
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_1849D887&REV_1003\4&81608EC&0&0001
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2019   #10
johnhoh

Win7 pro x64
 
 

I'm not clear as to whether or not the nvidia driver installed correctly, since above you only mention realtek. Regardless,

You have two paths to a solution here. The best one is the let windows update solve this. So try the wufuc solution mentioned above, then reboot then run windows update. You may have to do it several times as it catches you up to past updates. It also may make you wait for 5-45 minutes while it searches for updates.

The second solution is the manual one. Using the hardware IDs you posted, we find that your nvidea audio information is here:

NVIDIA High Definition Audio driver Download for 2K,XP,2K3,VISTA,WIN7,WIN8,WIN10/32bits<br>XP,VISTA,WIN7,WIN8,WIN10/64bits - O.E.M O.E.M

and the driver you need is this

HD Audio Driver - 1.3.34.26
Nvidia GeForce 381.89 WHQL - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers - VideoCardz Forums

which can be downloaded here

http://international.download.nvidia...ional-whql.exe

and your realtek information is here

realtek high definition audio driver Download for VISTA,WIN7,WIN8,WIN10/64bits - To To Be Filled By O.E.M.

and the driver you need is this

realtek high definition audio 6.0.1.7714

which can be downloaded here

Download Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.7714 for Windows 10 64 bit
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Yellow triangles in Sound, video and game controllers Device Manager




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Sound, video and game controllers disappeared in device manager
I upgraded my Dell Latitude e5410 HD to an SSD using a clone backup and now the computer says no audio output device is installed. I reloaded all the the drivers which are current but made no difference. When I look in the device manager the sound, video and game controllers isn't there. Any...
Hardware & Devices
Sound, Video and game Controllers in device manager is missing,
no sound,(there is a white x surrounded by red color next to volume icon) troubleshooting results in message reading "hardware changes might not have been detected". Sound, Video and game Controllers in device manager is also missing, please help ! Model L655D-S5116 (toshiba satellite) I...
Sound & Audio
No sound, video game controller in device manager. No audio full stop.
I was rudely interrupted during a truly hilarious episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm to the cruel sound... of silence. I know this is an old problem, I've searched high and low for a fix for hours, but none seem to pertain to my specific set of circumstances. Any help would be great. Situation...
Sound & Audio
Missing Sound Video & Game Controller in Device Manager, no sound
Hi Its bit complicated.:D I have 5 year old Compaq Pressario V3611AU notebook with AMD Atholon X2 TK-55 processor. Was using Windows XP and everything working fine. Recently I upgraded RAM to 2GB & processor was changed to AMD Turion(tm) X2 TL-60 2.00Ghz. I installed windows 7 and everything...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:55.
Twitter Facebook