Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: MKV

27 Nov 2009   #1
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 
MKV

I have an MKV video file,and when i watching it i hear 2 languages at the same time.
I extract the mkv audio file with the mkvmergeGUI and the 2 languages are in the same audio file,like someone talking japanese over the english language.
Is there any trick or software to edit it and remove the one language?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Nov 2009   #2
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Hi,

tsMuxer
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #3
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Let me google that for you

There are some links that you might find useful. I don't have any experience of MKV files, so cannot say whether any of these work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Nov 2009   #4
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
Hi,

tsMuxer
Ok i downloaded the tsMuxer,i dragged the mkv audio file in it.
Now what?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #5
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

In the tracks section are the included files for audio and video. Choose the ones you want and then output type. Then click start muxing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #6
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
In the tracks section are the included files for audio and video. Choose the ones you want and then output type. Then click start muxing.
I have an MKV video file,and when i watching it i hear 2 languages at the same time.
I extract the mkv audio file with the mkvmergeGUI and the 2 languages are in the same audio file,like someone talking japanese over the english language.
Is there any trick or software to edit it and remove the one language?

I want to edit the specific audio file with the 2 languages,remove the japanese and leave only the english.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #7
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

If the languages are in fact on the same audio file, then you can not separate what's there.

I doubt this is the case though because that would be a really terrible rip.

If the languages are in separate channels of the same audio file and not mixed, then you can extract the channels you want to keep and encode the resulting stereo file to .ac3 2.0.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #8
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
If the languages are in fact on the same audio file, then you can not separate what's there.

I doubt this is the case though because that would be a really terrible rip.

If the languages are in separate channels of the same audio file and not mixed, then you can extract the channels you want to keep and encode the resulting stereo file to
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.ac3 2.0.
Can you tell me step by step how to do it?
And with which program?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #9
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2009   #10
Topkingtou

WIN7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
If the languages are in fact on the same audio file, then you can not separate what's there.

I doubt this is the case though because that would be a really terrible rip.

If the languages are in separate channels of the same audio file and not mixed, then you can extract the channels you want to keep and encode the resulting stereo file to
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.ac3 2.0.
Can you tell me step by step how to do it?
And with which program?
i agree with torrentg.
you can do a google search online to search this kind of tool via keywords like video converter, converting video, etc. but the tool you choose must have the function to select audio track.
step 1 import the MKV files into the tool you searched.
step 2. select the audio track you need.
step 3. convert/encode

hope the way works!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 MKV




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:36.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App