Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 5.1 - sound only coming from 2 speakers in windows 7

05 Feb 2010   #31
Melee54

Windows 7
 
 

There's no point in doing any of that. Everybody on Windows 7 who has a Realtek HD Audio has this problem. Check the 5.1 Surround Sound thread. Should be on page one or 2 here...

The only working methods that I know of are enabling the awful speakerfill option, or some other dumb enhancement that isn't true 5.1

No drivers work. We've contacted realtek but they seem to ignore the issue. So, I've been using speakerfill since Windows 7 came out... Sigh.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Feb 2010   #32
Pandy90

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Melee54 View Post
There's no point in doing any of that. Everybody on Windows 7 who has a Realtek HD Audio has this problem. Check the 5.1 Surround Sound thread. Should be on page one or 2 here...

The only working methods that I know of are enabling the awful speakerfill option, or some other dumb enhancement that isn't true 5.1

No drivers work. We've contacted realtek but they seem to ignore the issue. So, I've been using speakerfill since Windows 7 came out... Sigh.
I was told to enable speakerfill but I cannot seem to find it anywhere
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2010   #33
Melee54

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pandy90 View Post
I was told to enable speakerfill but I cannot seem to find it anywhere


That's where mine is at... But I'm sure you've already looked there.

How odd....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Feb 2010   #34
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Don't forget that you can only get 5.1 sound from sources that are encoded as 5.1. If it is only a stereo source, you will only get a stereo output unless you have an audio processor that can generate the necessary channels from a stereo input. This is what Speaker Fill does. Note that whilst it does allow sound to be heard from all of the speakers, it is not true multi-channel but merely emulated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2010   #35
Venths

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Melee54 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pandy90 View Post
I was told to enable speakerfill but I cannot seem to find it anywhere


That's where mine is at... But I'm sure you've already looked there.

How odd....

* Please check #5 post. The user do not have the 'Speaker Fill' option !!!

* Yes, Realtek Audio has many problems for Windows 7. But, all we try are work arounds and it works in most cases. In the same thread, it has been solved for another user. :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2010   #36
Pandy90

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Venths View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Melee54 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pandy90 View Post
I was told to enable speakerfill but I cannot seem to find it anywhere


That's where mine is at... But I'm sure you've already looked there.

How odd....

* Please check #5 post. The user do not have the 'Speaker Fill' option !!!

* Yes, Realtek Audio has many problems for Windows 7. But, all we try are work arounds and it works in most cases. In the same thread, it has been solved for another user. :)
Can I just point out that in post #2 the user points out that he has a Supreme FX-II sound card not realtek
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2010   #37
Venths

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Yeah rite.

But, do you try my last instructions ? to roll back your drivers?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2010   #38
Pandy90

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Venths View Post
Yeah rite.

But, do you try my last instructions ? to roll back your drivers?

Still havn't tried this yet. I've not really had the chance this week, not really had enough time to do it. I will try it when I get some time on my hands :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2010   #39
Venths

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

OK. I will await your reply :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 5.1 - sound only coming from 2 speakers in windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Sound coming out of speakers and headphones
My windows recently updated and now the audio come out of both the speakers on the monitor and the headphones I plug in. I just want my headphones to work and not the speakers on the monitor. I try to disable the speakers when i go to sound but when i do that both speakers and headphones don't have...
Sound & Audio
CPU says sound coming through speakers, but its coming via headphones
Hi everyone. I have my headphones plugged in and am getting poor sound quality out of them. My computer says that the sound is coming through my speakers, but its not (its just coming through the headphones.) I've attached a picture of what the comp's showing me for reference. I've tried going...
Sound & Audio
No sound coming from speakers/headphones
Hi everyone, I bought a new computer recently and the sound doesn't seem to be working. I've tried updating the drivers, restarting the PC, downloading Windows Updates and none of them seem to work. If anyone has a fix for this I'd be very grateful.
General Discussion
No sound coming from speakers, headphones OK
Since yesterday sound has stopped coming from my laptop speakers, when i plug my earphones in sound comes from through the earphones. Additionally when i click the volume control for the earphones sound will come through the speakers for a just few seconds before going silent again. Ive...
Hardware & Devices
Sound not coming through speakers
My Altec Lansing speakers don't seem to be detected. I plug them in, but nothing happens. It was as if they weren't even there. At the moment,my sound is coming through the in built speakers and they sound terrible. I think my sound card is SoundMAX, not quite sure though as it doesn't say in the...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:12.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App