Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Equalizer for ALL programs! REALTEK HD

25 Apr 2010   #11
dsperber

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 (2)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
I was thinking it may be stored somewhere in the FXProperties key.
Doesn't appear that way to me. I moved another slider and saved a second EQ. Notice that there's no difference in the key itself, just a 0 vs. 1 in the key-suffix (whatever that is).




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Apr 2010   #12
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

I've had a look for this on a previous occasion and haven't manage to locate anything other than this registry key. However, on further examination, I think that this key is actually a pointer to within one of the .DLL files or some other support file that makes up the driver package, and it is within that file that changes are actually made as regards the equalizer settings. It would certainly explain why settings are not maintained when the driver is updated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2010   #13
dsperber

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 (2)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
I've had a look for this on a previous occasion and haven't manage to locate anything other than this registry key. However, on further examination, I think that this key is actually a pointer to within one of the .DLL files or some other support file that makes up the driver package, and it is within that file that changes are actually made as regards the equalizer settings. It would certainly explain why settings are not maintained when the driver is updated.
This seems like a bizarre theory.

Why would they make it so obscure? What's the point of "protecting" something that one would normally expect to be in an INI or CFG or DAT or XML or someplace meaningful... and preservable?

Why would they want us NOT to find it, or be able to save it across driver installs? It makes no sense they they would have consciously decided to make these obvious user-settings so impenetrable and cryptic.

I'm not trying to be difficult. I just think we're missing something very obvious. Who would design such a hidden implementation of an obvious user-customization that the user would want to retain across driver upgrades?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Apr 2010   #14
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

I've just had a look through the list of files included with the audio driver (according to the Readme file), and this one looks a likely candidate, given its name: MaxxAudioEQ.dll. I'm going to see if this is the actual file in question by saving the current file and then reinstalling the driver. I'll report back.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2010   #15
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

I tried the above, and didn't have any success, sorry. I guess that we'll have to wait and see whether equaliser profiles can be saved and loaded in a future driver release.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2010   #16
th3r0ck

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

its okey! but i am dedicated to GUI!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2010   #17
th3r0ck

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
I tried the above, and didn't have any success, sorry. I guess that we'll have to wait and see whether equaliser profiles can be saved and loaded in a future driver release.
in this driver eq you can save ur settings.

but i didnt try that for other user. i am the only one who is using this pc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2010   #18
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

I am well aware that you can save user eq settings with this driver release. What you are after is being able to transfer these settings between drivers so that you don't have to re-enter them every time a new driver is released. At the moment, there doesn't appear to be any other way of reinstating user eq profiles except by manually re-entering them. Like I say, perhaps a new driver release will incorporate this. After all, they did eventually include the equalizer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2010   #19
Aphelion

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsperber View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
I was thinking it may be stored somewhere in the FXProperties key.
Doesn't appear that way to me. I moved another slider and saved a second EQ. Notice that there's no difference in the key itself, just a 0 vs. 1 in the key-suffix (whatever that is).

I show other additions to the key.
With each new EQ added there's a corresponding Binary Value added to the key.
See the marks in the in the graphic I'm uploading.

Ap


Equalizer for ALL programs! REALTEK HD-fxprop.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2010   #20
th3r0ck

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsperber View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
I was thinking it may be stored somewhere in the FXProperties key.
Doesn't appear that way to me. I moved another slider and saved a second EQ. Notice that there's no difference in the key itself, just a 0 vs. 1 in the key-suffix (whatever that is).

I show other additions to the key.
With each new EQ added there's a corresponding Binary Value added to the key.
See the marks in the in the graphic I'm uploading.

Ap


Attachment 69361
thanks man!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Equalizer for ALL programs! REALTEK HD




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Realtek Equalizer Settings
This is for those who, like me, have been looking for where the frequency equalizer (enhancement) settings for Realtek are stored. Here is a zipped file with some settings. These are the plus (maximum) and minus (minimum) settings of each frequency enhancement in turn. This is the code...
Sound & Audio
Realtek equalizer
I upgraded from XP to 7. When i was using xp, the equalizer in the realtek control panel worked fine. I prefered this over a built in software equalizer such as winamp because it would eq everything, such as youtube, vent, and anything else. But now that ive upgraded to windows 7, the...
Sound & Audio
Realtek HD Audio Manager Equalizer not working
Hello, I just bought a MSI Z77-G43 motherboard and I did a clean installation of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and when it started up the audio was already working which is normal. Then I installed the basic drivers (chipset,lan,audio).(Ok just so you know the situation) Now the volume changes on...
Drivers
Missing 'equalizer' in Realtek HD audio manager
As the title says, I have no equalizer even thought I'm using the latest version of the driver. I did a lot of research but couldn't find a way to fix it :/
Sound & Audio
Realtek HD Audio: Equalizer not working properly
I'm trying to use the Realtek HD Audio Equalizer from the manager window under the sound effects tab... Anyway, I can change the values on the multi-band equalizer just fine, but they have no real response. The overall volume is affected but the individual frequencies are the same. If I set them...
Sound & Audio
RealTek HD 889 - sound dies when using two audio programs.
I'm pulling my hair out over this one so if anyone has any idea please, please let me hear them! I have the following setup: Windows 7 Pro x64 Intel DP55WG mobo w/ onboard RealTek HD (889) Driver Version: 6.0.1.6449 from RealTek MSI Nvidia GTX 460 Just using normal analog speakers or...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App