Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Security Space - Discussion

04 Dec 2010   #1
Chiumiento

 
Security Space - Discussion

I found this program. It scans your open ports and stuff for you for free. There are paid ones. But there are free ones also.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Dec 2010   #2
Maxxwire

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chiumiento View Post
I found this program. It scans your open ports and stuff for you for free. There are paid ones. But there are free ones also.
Could you post a link?

~Maxx~
.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2010   #3
Chiumiento

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maxxwire View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chiumiento View Post
I found this program. It scans your open ports and stuff for you for free. There are paid ones. But there are free ones also.
Could you post a link?

~Maxx~
.
Yes Sorry I thought I did

Security Space
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Dec 2010   #4
Maxxwire

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chiumiento View Post
Yes Sorry I thought I did

Security Space
And you trust this Security Space online scan with all of that information about your computer?

~Maxx~
.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2010   #5
Chiumiento

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maxxwire View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chiumiento View Post
Yes Sorry I thought I did

Security Space
And you trust this Security Space online scan with all of that information about your computer?

~Maxx~
.
NO.
I was referred there while I was reading the ultimate router guide on these forums. I clicked on the link that sends you to the site maximum PC. That site referred me to Security Space. SO really I have not used it enough to say that I trust it with everything.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2010   #6
Tepid

Win 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

We really should only be posting stuff that can be proven to be trusted on some level.

As for that site.... "SecuritySpace's security audits was ranked 1st out of 11 vendors reviewed by the PC Professionell Magazine, in May 2003"

Still promoting this after all this time leaves me wondering. I wouldn't use the site myself for anything.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2010   #7
Chiumiento

 

WIll take this into note. I will remember this from now on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2010   #8
Maxxwire

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chiumiento View Post
NO.
I was referred there while I was reading the ultimate router guide on these forums. I clicked on the link that sends you to the site maximum PC. That site referred me to Security Space. SO really I have not used it enough to say that I trust it with everything.
The Advanced Port Scanner 1.3 is a fast and stable multi-threaded Port Scanner that scans the computer for open ports without having to go online and risk compromising data about your computer.

~Maxx~
.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2010   #9
Tepid

Win 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maxxwire View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chiumiento View Post
NO.
I was referred there while I was reading the ultimate router guide on these forums. I clicked on the link that sends you to the site maximum PC. That site referred me to Security Space. SO really I have not used it enough to say that I trust it with everything.
The Advanced Port Scanner 1.3 is a fast and stable multi-threaded Port Scanner that scans the computer for open ports without having to go online and risk compromising data about your computer.

~Maxx~
.
Those Radmin tools are nice,, I just wish they would re-write them to be portable, and save settings to an INI or INF file rather than the registry. Then default everything to a sub folder of the program folder for other settings, like Port Range Files.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2010   #10
Maxxwire

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tepid View Post
Those Radmin tools are nice,, I just wish they would re-write them to be portable, and save settings to an INI or INF file rather than the registry. Then default everything to a sub folder of the program folder for other settings, like Port Range Files.
Is Port Range Files a downloadable program? I Scroogled it and couldn't find a link.

~Maxx~
.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Security Space - Discussion




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
bitool.dll Discussion.
bitool.dll Discussion. I posted in General Discussion instead of the other forum. I am really good in watching what I install. I am trying to figure out what program may or may not installed this file. The last program I installed Backup Now EZ on the Toshiba Backup hard drive. I also...
General Discussion
L.A. Noire on PC - LAG Discussion, Please
So what's the deal with L.A. Noire on the PC? Rockstar promised that upon release it will work on a wide range of hardware, but that just doesn't seem true at all... Quite literally, it works just the same as GTA4 before the famous patch that fixed all that crap. And I have to say that I've...
Gaming
WMP12 discussion
Is M$ going to support .PLS in the future? Right now I'm using Open PLS in WMP program to get this functionality but this program is missing a lot of features like track listing, station browsing, and often times the stream will stutter or completely cut out. Is anyone fond of the new now...
Music, Pictures & Video


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:45.
Twitter Facebook Google+