New Security Flaw Found In IE, Best Fire Up FireFox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 31
    Seven x86
       #11

    NormCameron said:
    Thanks, though I felt a bit of a fool

    Norm
    Could be worse. My friend fell for the dumbest trick in the world. He used to play Runescape and someone ran up and said "The game blocks your password". So he typed in his password into chat...
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 576
    Vista X32. Windows 7 32bit
    Thread Starter
       #12

    Pho3nix1991 said:
    Could be worse. My friend fell for the dumbest trick in the world. He used to play Runescape and someone ran up and said "The game blocks your password". So he typed in his password into chat...
    LMAO

    Norm
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 336
    windows 7 X64
       #13

    isnt firefox like the most unsecure application for windows...
    Application Control and Device Control Solutions - Bit9 News Releases
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 576
    Vista X32. Windows 7 32bit
    Thread Starter
       #14

    TripOG said:
    isnt firefox like the most unsecure application for windows...
    Application Control and Device Control Solutions - Bit9 News Releases
    I've read this article and it's been debated over at the Vista forums. My opinion is that the article is flawed and uses an unsupportable hypothesis to justify it's conclusions.

    Norm
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 336
    windows 7 X64
       #15

    i use ie and havnt had a virus sense running vista, but i think thats more to do with being an experienced internet user and knowing what im doing.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 576
    Vista X32. Windows 7 32bit
    Thread Starter
       #16

    TripOG said:
    i use ie and havnt had a virus sense running vista, but i think thats more to do with being an experienced internet user and knowing what im doing.
    Check the Security Forums on Vista64. If you haven't had a virus it has not much to do with experience. A good AV, regular scans for malicious software and regular backups are the best protection. Experience isn't a factor at all, luck and good fortune can play a part though!

    Norm
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 4,364
    Windows 11 21H2 Current build
       #17

    Exactly - with the number of hijacked banner web ads as well as the still not entirely fixed SQL injection hacks that are being purveyed through out the net, not running an AV / AM / something means you're been lucky.

    Part of that luck in Vista can be attributed to UAC, but there are more than a handful of Trojans and rootkits out there int the world that are UAC sensitive....
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27.
Find Us