Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Malwarebytes Question

19 Jun 2011   #11
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

I've not seen that page before. I certainly sums it up. I have been running Pro for several months along with N360. They seem to go well together.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Jun 2011   #12
MrPenguin

home 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BrightBlessings View Post
A friend of mine ran the free version of malwarebytes and it showed they have 300+ infections. Anyway they told me that malwarebytes said it would only clean 100 of them or to buy the full version to clean them all. Does anyone know if would right? as I am interested
Thank you
Odin
these "infections" are tracking cookies, i bet like 99% of the incetions were tracking cookies. Tracking cookies are cookies of course, but they have a different function than normal cookies. The joke is: Often they are not even there to spy u, nope, they come from websites yep^^ For many people websites are money making machines, not only shops, u wouldnt believe what a streaming site making money through millions of clicks EVERY day through advertizing. However the owners or masters of the website often use that cookies, to see what u done (on the web only, no further information will be revealed), but: where u came from,what u type or typed in, how long u stay on the website, which products or videos u watched etc. This is used to actually keep the business rolling, with that information and statistics from it, they can easily change theyre website to what the public prefers the most, of course money making is behind this.

So in these terms, ecxcept for rare entrys like alexa, which every windows user has, actually a spy registry entry from windows, try to delete it, undeletable, it automatically replaces, windows uses this one to spy u out actually. The only tool i ever saw detecting and REMOVING it was spybot, thats why it says use at ur own risk^^ This thing, despite the origin, can remove any entry, how i dont even know today to be honest^^ But spybot can do that, a genius tool if u ask me.

But 99% of all tracking cookies are harmless, simple to get ur surfing behaviour on the owners website, thats all. Theres absolutely no need to worry about that^^ Spyware ud need to worry about, cause those was a manually set up tool to get direct information from u. Ad aware to, it to also scannes tracking cookies, if u run that u ought to find them to, but u know whats the easiest way?^^ Delete ur internet tracks, or shred them with a tool like ccleaner, they are gone like all other cookies to^^ But they will be instantly replaced when u revisit that website of course.

Well if u want to get rid of them, the only way i did was: Switching to comodo as firewall^^ No joke, this thing is so tough obviously, it would even block any tracking cookies for me, rly from a firewall for windows i cant ask more^^
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2011   #13
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64, Arch Linux
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrPenguin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BrightBlessings View Post
A friend of mine ran the free version of malwarebytes and it showed they have 300+ infections. Anyway they told me that malwarebytes said it would only clean 100 of them or to buy the full version to clean them all. Does anyone know if would right? as I am interested
Thank you
Odin
these "infections" are tracking cookies, i bet like 99% of the incetions were tracking cookies. Tracking cookies are cookies of course, but they have a different function than normal cookies. The joke is: Often they are not even there to spy u, nope, they come from websites yep^^ For many people websites are money making machines, not only shops, u wouldnt believe what a streaming site makeing money through millions of clicks EVERY day through advertizing. However the owners or masters of the website often use that cookies, to see what u done (on the web only, no further information will be revealed), but: where u came from,what u type or typed in, how long u stay on the website, which products or videosu watched etc. This is used to actually keep the business rolling, with that information and statistics from it, they can easily change theyre website to what the public prefers the most, of course money making is behind this.

So in these terms, ecxcept for rare entrys like alexa, which every windows user has, actually a spy registry entry from windows, try to delete it, undeletable, it automatically replaces, windows uses this one to spy u out actually. The only tool i ever saw detecting and REMOVING it was spybot, thats why it says use at ur own risk^^ This thing, depsite the origin, can remove any entry, how i dont even know today to be honest^^ But spybot can do that, a genius tool if u ask me.

But 99% of all tracking cookies are harmless, simple to get ur surfing behaviour on the owners website, thats all. Theres absolutely no need to worry about that^^ Spyware ud need to worry about, cause those was a manually set up tool to get direct information from u. Ad aware to, it to also scannes tracking cookies.

Well if u want to get rid of them, the only way i did was: Switching to comodo as firewall^^ No joke, this thing is so tough obviously, it would even block any tracking cookies for me, rly from a firewall for windows i cant ask more^^
Malwarebtes doesn't detect or remove any tracking cookies
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Jun 2011   #14
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrPenguin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BrightBlessings View Post
A friend of mine ran the free version of malwarebytes and it showed they have 300+ infections. Anyway they told me that malwarebytes said it would only clean 100 of them or to buy the full version to clean them all. Does anyone know if would right? as I am interested
Thank you
Odin
these "infections" are tracking cookies, i bet like 99% of the incetions were tracking cookies. Tracking cookies are cookies of course, but they have a different function than normal cookies. The joke is: Often they are not even there to spy u, nope, they come from websites yep^^ For many people websites are money making machines, not only shops, u wouldnt believe what a streaming site makeing money through millions of clicks EVERY day through advertizing. However the owners or masters of the website often use that cookies, to see what u done (on the web only, no further information will be revealed), but: where u came from,what u type or typed in, how long u stay on the website, which products or videosu watched etc. This is used to actually keep the business rolling, with that information and statistics from it, they can easily change theyre website to what the public prefers the most, of course money making is behind this.

So in these terms, ecxcept for rare entrys like alexa, which every windows user has, actually a spy registry entry from windows, try to delete it, undeletable, it automatically replaces, windows uses this one to spy u out actually. The only tool i ever saw detecting and REMOVING it was spybot, thats why it says use at ur own risk^^ This thing, depsite the origin, can remove any entry, how i dont even know today to be honest^^ But spybot can do that, a genius tool if u ask me.

But 99% of all tracking cookies are harmless, simple to get ur surfing behaviour on the owners website, thats all. Theres absolutely no need to worry about that^^ Spyware ud need to worry about, cause those was a manually set up tool to get direct information from u. Ad aware to, it to also scannes tracking cookies.

Well if u want to get rid of them, the only way i did was: Switching to comodo as firewall^^ No joke, this thing is so tough obviously, it would even block any tracking cookies for me, rly from a firewall for windows i cant ask more^^
Malwarebtes doesn't detect or remove any tracking cookies
But most of the "infections" Norton boasts about clearing are. It's only in the latest version that it stopped flagging these as amber threats.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2011   #15
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrPenguin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrPenguin View Post

these "infections" are tracking cookies, i bet like 99% of the incetions were tracking cookies. Tracking cookies are cookies of course, but they have a different function than normal cookies. The joke is: Often they are not even there to spy u, nope, they come from websites yep^^ For many people websites are money making machines, not only shops, u wouldnt believe what a streaming site makeing money through millions of clicks EVERY day through advertizing. However the owners or masters of the website often use that cookies, to see what u done (on the web only, no further information will be revealed), but: where u came from,what u type or typed in, how long u stay on the website, which products or videosu watched etc. This is used to actually keep the business rolling, with that information and statistics from it, they can easily change theyre website to what the public prefers the most, of course money making is behind this.

So in these terms, ecxcept for rare entrys like alexa, which every windows user has, actually a spy registry entry from windows, try to delete it, undeletable, it automatically replaces, windows uses this one to spy u out actually. The only tool i ever saw detecting and REMOVING it was spybot, thats why it says use at ur own risk^^ This thing, depsite the origin, can remove any entry, how i dont even know today to be honest^^ But spybot can do that, a genius tool if u ask me.

But 99% of all tracking cookies are harmless, simple to get ur surfing behaviour on the owners website, thats all. Theres absolutely no need to worry about that^^ Spyware ud need to worry about, cause those was a manually set up tool to get direct information from u. Ad aware to, it to also scannes tracking cookies.

Well if u want to get rid of them, the only way i did was: Switching to comodo as firewall^^ No joke, this thing is so tough obviously, it would even block any tracking cookies for me, rly from a firewall for windows i cant ask more^^
Malwarebtes doesn't detect or remove any tracking cookies

LOl i see i dont use malwarebytes. but 300 entrys? this is then either a joke, false detects or tracking cookies, i never saw anything else gather entries in such an amount then tracking cookies.
This whole thing doesn't sound very much like malwarebytes to me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2011   #16
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64, Arch Linux
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrPenguin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Malwarebtes doesn't detect or remove any tracking cookies

LOl i see i dont use malwarebytes. but 300 entrys? this is then either a joke, false detects or tracking cookies, i never saw anything else gather entries in such an amount then tracking cookies.
This whole thing doesn't sound very much like malwarebytes to me.
It could be some kind of rogue AV
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2011   #17
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrPenguin View Post


LOl i see i dont use malwarebytes. but 300 entrys? this is then either a joke, false detects or tracking cookies, i never saw anything else gather entries in such an amount then tracking cookies.
This whole thing doesn't sound very much like malwarebytes to me.
It could be some kind of rogue AV
My thought too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2011   #18
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrPenguin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BrightBlessings View Post
A friend of mine ran the free version of malwarebytes and it showed they have 300+ infections.
these "infections" are tracking cookies, i bet like 99% of the incetions were tracking cookies
Since the nature of the infections aren't detailed by Odin, calling them tracking cookies is pure speculation at best. The infections may refer to specific file infections (ie. 300+ files have been infected) from a single, or possible multiple viruses/trojans.

Its entirely possibly to have 300+ file "infections", if thats what he is referring too.

Regards,
Golden
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jun 2011   #19
Maccman

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrPenguin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Malwarebtes doesn't detect or remove any tracking cookies

LOl i see i dont use malwarebytes. but 300 entrys? this is then either a joke, false detects or tracking cookies, i never saw anything else gather entries in such an amount then tracking cookies.
This whole thing doesn't sound very much like malwarebytes to me.
If Malwarebytes has never been used on that particular computer before it would be very easy but whether they are malicious or not is another matter. I have Malwarebtyes and Ccleaner but when I tried Auslogics speedboost it came up with over 500 errors. About 99% were so called junk files.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Malwarebytes Question




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Malwarebytes has a new software- Malwarebytes Anti Exploit
has anyone installed this? https://www.malwarebytes.org/antiexploit/ I got an email from Malwarebytes about it I just installed the free version on my windows 8 and windows 7 test machines so far I am not seeing any problems but then again I just installed it :P anyone else try it?
System Security
question about malwarebytes
does malwarebytes free version only removes malware or does it also remove viruses
System Security
Malwarebytes Question
I have the pay version of MB and I have it set to notify me every two days if the definitions are out of date. It does that but shouldn't it do the updates on its own? Also I don't see a place where it tells you the last time it scanned so I don't know if it did or not. Can anyone shed any light...
Software
Question about malwarebytes website blocking
As the title says I have a question about malwarebytes website blocking, I didn't find anything on the website about it. Does anyone know anything about it? :geek:
System Security
Question on malwarebytes software.
I'm currently running MSE, and downloading comodo firewall. I've read on the forums, that malwarebyte had nice software to run as a back up to MSE, But I have a question about it. Are people that are using the malwarebyte using the free or pro editions? Thanks for the input!
Software
Malwarebytes
I have the pro (registered) version of Malwarebytes installed, and it seems to be doing some odd things. First, I have been having some problems downloading videos with GetFLV of late, and while working with it last night, MBAM popped a window saying that it had blocked GetFLV from connecting with...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:25.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App