Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Eset Smart Security

17 Aug 2009   #101
DarkDavil

7 x64/ Back-Track 4
 
 
ESET Ownage :D

Yup, been using ESET Smart Sec. for like a year now Rockin protection
But if your worried about the money for W7 ESS, do wut i did

I open my C: drive (While on my X: drive, which is W7) And i opened my ESS from their and i copied - and - pasted my username and password into my W7 one! Yay!! Now its fully working for like.. rest of the year XD


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Aug 2009   #102
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDavil View Post
Yup, been using ESET Smart Sec. for like a year now Rockin protection
But if your worried about the money for W7 ESS, do wut i did

I open my C: drive (While on my X: drive, which is W7) And i opened my ESS from their and i copied - and - pasted my username and password into my W7 one! Yay!! Now its fully working for like.. rest of the year XD
Tip   Tip
Discussing cracks and false activation method may get you banned.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2009   #103
forumhound

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 
I found this elsewhere..it works fine

Here's Your Fix
As soon as I installed ESET smart security today, I experienced network file sharing issues. Searching for a solution, I came upon this post, but unfortunately, it didn't help.

After tinkering around with the firewall settings, I figured out how to enable file sharing accross my local network while maintaining ESET's firewall protection.

1. Switch to Advanced Mode by clicking Toggle Advanced mode in the lower left corner of the main window.
2. Click on Setup tab > Personal firewall > Advanced Personal firewall setup and make sure the filtering mode is set to Interactive mode.
3. Go to Rules and zones and click Setup under Trusted zone and make sure that Allow Sharing is checked. ClickSetup under Zone and rule editor and click on Toggle detailed view of all rules
4. Uncheck the two following default rules; Block Incoming NETBIOS Requests and Block Outgoing NETBIOS Requests
5. Now create those two same exact rules again using any name of your choice by clicking New with the only difference that under Address you should only have Networks automatically marked as untrusted NOT All.

*** Please make sure that you have sharing enabled in Network Sharing Center.

Basically instead of blocking NETBIOS accross all networks including the Trusted, we're only blocking it on the public (untrusted) thereby allowing file sharing to function on your local network.

I just joined this forum specifically to post this, so I really hope it helps you guys
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Aug 2009   #104
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

forumhound

Hi and welcome. Nice post abt ESS. Glad you decided to register. I might have been the user who postsed in that thread and you described better than I did in the original
Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2009   #105
Fliplip

windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by forumhound View Post
Here's Your Fix

I just joined this forum specifically to post this, so I really hope it helps you guys
LOL, that was post #63 from THIS Thread.

I guess it cant hurt to re post it. It certainly helped me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2009   #106
TheIgster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Fliplip View Post
LOL, that was post #63 from THIS Thread.

I guess it cant hurt to re post it. It certainly helped me.
Yeah and appreciated, but still doesn't work for me.

ESET support is working on the issue for the next firewall module (1052) which should be out soon apparently.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2009   #107
nikolas

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by miroesq View Post
4. Uncheck the two following default rules; Block Incoming NETBIOS Requests and Block Outgoing NETBIOS Requests
5. Now create those two same exact rules again using any name of your choice by clicking New with the only difference that under Address you should only have Networks automatically marked as untrusted NOT All.

*** Please make sure that you have sharing enabled in Network Sharing Center.

Basically instead of blocking NETBIOS accross all networks including the Trusted, we're only blocking it on the public (untrusted) thereby allowing file sharing to function on your local network.
can someone please explain what exactly i have to do with the 5th step because i seem to miss sth..!!
also, for just a while that i jumped to interactive mode i kept receiving messages wheather to allow or deny communication with some locations wouldn't automatic mode with exceptions be better?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2009   #108
nikolas

Windows 7
 
 

anyone???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2009   #109
tw33k

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

I can't help you as I only run NOD32 not the security suite (I use windows firewall)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2009   #110
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nikolas View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by miroesq View Post
4. Uncheck the two following default rules; Block Incoming NETBIOS Requests and Block Outgoing NETBIOS Requests
5. Now create those two same exact rules again using any name of your choice by clicking New with the only difference that under Address you should only have Networks automatically marked as untrusted NOT All.

*** Please make sure that you have sharing enabled in Network Sharing Center.

Basically instead of blocking NETBIOS accross all networks including the Trusted, we're only blocking it on the public (untrusted) thereby allowing file sharing to function on your local network.
can someone please explain what exactly i have to do with the 5th step because i seem to miss sth..!!
also, for just a while that i jumped to interactive mode i kept receiving messages wheather to allow or deny communication with some locations wouldn't automatic mode with exceptions be better?
step five is take the rule you just edited. create two identical new rules making sure the untrusted not all networks are blocked. You can also go to eset and they have another way of making the sharing work

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Eset Smart Security




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Eset Smart Security 4
does anyone know if eset smart security 4 is capable of Script Blocking i just did a quick google search and came up blank. thanks, Avenger20
System Security
eset smart security
utorrent downloads is very slow, and when disabling the personal firewall it goes up. I cant figure out what filtering mode to use..utorrent says a firewall/router is limiting your network traffic you need to open up a port so others can connect to you.
System Security
ESET Smart Security/NOD 32 AV 4.2 released
ESET's Smart Security and NOD32 AntiVirus 4.2 is available. Changes below- General Long filenames can now be used without any issues in Document protection enabled mode Saved On-demand Scan profile settings can be retained after reinstallation
System Security
ESET smart security
Hello, I use ESET smart security only, is it enough ? or I have to get another antivirus? spyware ? Thanks :)
System Security
ESET Smart Security 4
I see that ESET Smart Security 4 is now listed as Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit compatible: Firewall, Antivirus, Antispam: ESET Smart Security Has It All ...under the System Requirements section. I wonder if they've updated it since I tried it, I may put the latest build on to try it again.
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App