Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What security setup do you have?

17 Aug 2009   #51
tw33k

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A320 View Post
Guys&Gals,

I want to give NOD32 a shot, I downloaded the 64bit Trial and I can't run the installer package, I keep getting the following error:
something went wrong with the download. all i can suggest is you download it again


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Aug 2009   #52
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A320 View Post
Guys&Gals,

I want to give NOD32 a shot, I downloaded the 64bit Trial and I can't run the installer package, I keep getting the following error:
There's somebody else with this same error dialog, maybe these things are related? Check this.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2009   #53
hybridfan

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
 
 

UAC On
Avira
Defender
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Aug 2009   #54
A320

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
something went wrong with the download. all i can suggest is you download it again
Amazing how simple the answer can sometime be. I re-downloaded and now it works fine!

I will say though, I just recently turned off 'Windows Defender'. I was having issues previously running some other executable files within Windows 7 and after much googling and forum use, I tried switching Defender off and those problems magically disappeared. I wonder if it played any role in this case as well with the ESET download.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2009   #55
DJG

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
it fails firehole/wallbreaker/dnstester,outpost version is 6.7 x64 running on win 7 ultimate rtm x64.those are ancient tests and outpost blocked all of them on xp 32 bit.
and it seems to me that what's failing is the hips feature,and according to this i'm not so surprised anymore
i've never used OSS cuz i'll have to give up kaspersky to run it

**EDIT**
outpost is on Rules Wizard policy on my end too

**EDIT**
ghost leaks too
Do you know if the test suite from Matousec is a good set of tests? I'll give those a try.

Never mind - I just found a bunch of bad references on those
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2009   #56
mattburles

 

i would be using MSE but my only problem with it is that there would always be a zillion updates in the windows update history and that bothers me. is there any way to prevent this?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2009   #57
MadMax

Windows 7 ultimate RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DJG View Post
Do you know if the test suite from Matousec is a good set of tests? I'll give those a try.

Never mind - I just found a bunch of bad references on those
yeah for some reason I haven't seen any good comment about them too,but as far as i care the moar the merrier gonna try it out to see if it works on seven
btw did you try the tests from comodo?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2009   #58
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A320 View Post
Amazing how simple the answer can sometime be. I re-downloaded and now it works fine!

I will say though, I just recently turned off 'Windows Defender'. I was having issues previously running some other executable files within Windows 7 and after much googling and forum use, I tried switching Defender off and those problems magically disappeared. I wonder if it played any role in this case as well with the ESET download.
A320

You know we all think it is more complex than it truely is sometimes. Just a matter of finding out. You solved it. I like the saying if you hear hoofbeats think horses not zebra's.

Glad you are working and I think you will like eset

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2009   #59
DJG

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
yeah for some reason I haven't seen any good comment about them too,but as far as i care the moar the merrier gonna try it out to see if it works on seven
btw did you try the tests from comodo?
Aah! That's who they're from? I'll check them. Although do I trust tests from a provider of firewalls to be impartial ???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2009   #60
Picard

Windows XP SP3
 
 

I use Avira free edition, Malwarebyte's Antimalware and XP's firewall. No problems so far, everything works fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 What security setup do you have?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Best Free Security Setup?
Hi, i'm looking to get a decent security setup for my PC. There's one catch, all the programs have to be free! I need programs to run virus scans and give me complete protection against viruses and malware. I had a look around the forum and everyone has their own opinion on what the best setup...
System Security
What else should I add to my security setup?
Right now I have: avast! Free Antivirus Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition CCleaner (really not a security application) What else do you guys recommend I use, or do I really not need anything else? I am using Windows 7 Firewall because I feel that's all I really...
System Security
Security Setup
For those that may be looking for a good security setup, here is what I'm currently using and am extremely happy with. I have done some serious testing and these have proven themselves. This post is not meant to say one anti virus or anti malware solution is better than others, it is simply my...
System Security
Recommendations on My Security Setup
My security setup is Avast Anti-virus and Comodo Free Firewall. I also have CCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (not on-demand, just for backup scans). I have disabled the Windows Firewall through Control Panel (should I disable it in services.msc also?). Now in the Action Center it shows for...
System Security
security setup
Hi, i am seeking some assistance with my security setup. At the moment I have windows security essentials and windows firewall enabled on my pc(windows defender disabled - probably overridden by WSE). I am not sure if i can or should add anything else. and if anything else is added, whether this...
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:44.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App