Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SunBelt Vipre AV compatible?

31 Aug 2009   #11
TheIgster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

In a scan today, Vipre reported engine.dll from my Left4Dead folder as a trojan. Pretty sure it's not. It's been an issue before apparently with other anti virus packages. I sent it to Sunbelt to review and told it to always allow this file. Thankfully I don't have the default action as delete. I restored it from quarantine.

Strange that it did not report this file during a scan yesterday. Maybe new virus defs thought it was I suppose.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 Aug 2009   #12
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheIgster View Post
In a scan today, Vipre reported engine.dll from my Left4Dead folder as a trojan. Pretty sure it's not. It's been an issue before apparently with other anti virus packages. I sent it to Sunbelt to review and told it to always allow this file. Thankfully I don't have the default action as delete. I restored it from quarantine.

Strange that it did not report this file during a scan yesterday. Maybe new virus defs thought it was I suppose.
Yeah looks like a false positives. Good that you sent it to Sunbelt for review.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2009   #13
tw33k

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

Getting now (well, trying to). Will report back when/if I install it

edit: WOW! That gave me nothing but problems. OK, here's what happened.
Uninstalled NOD32--installed Vipre--updated Vipre (20mins!!)
Got an error related to Spybot---uninstalled Spybot---Reboot
Laptop wouldn't shutdown, had to manually power down
Warning about "Incompatable Driver" desktop gadgets wouldn't load---Reboot
Got another warning "Unable to activate on demand restart required"---Reboot
Same warning---uninstalled Vipre, re-installed NOD32
Pity but there is something on my laptop that Vipre doesn't like.....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Sep 2009   #14
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
Getting now (well, trying to). Will report back when/if I install it

edit: WOW! That gave me nothing but problems. OK, here's what happened.
Uninstalled NOD32--installed Vipre--updated Vipre (20mins!!)
Got an error related to Spybot---uninstalled Spybot---Reboot
Laptop wouldn't shutdown, had to manually power down
Warning about "Incompatable Driver" desktop gadgets wouldn't load---Reboot
Got another warning "Unable to activate on demand restart required"---Reboot
Same warning---uninstalled Vipre, re-installed NOD32
Pity but there is something on my laptop that Vipre doesn't like.....
Hey i guess you downloaded the software which is not compatible for Windows 7 yet. Uninstall the current version and download this version which is fully compatible with Windows 7.
Download link: http://go.sunbeltsoftware.com/?linkid=1230
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2009   #15
tw33k

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Hey i guess you downloaded the software which is not compatible for Windows 7 yet. Uninstall the current version and download this version which is fully compatible with Windows 7.
Download link: http://go.sunbeltsoftware.com/?linkid=1230
thanks...I'll try again later...lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2009   #16
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
thanks...I'll try again later...lol
no problem mate
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2009   #17
TheIgster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Gee, thanks for suggesting Vipre Dinesh...now I'm going to have to spend more money for another anti virus after buying 2 full years of ESS...

I like Vipre better...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2009   #18
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

You are Welcome mate. :
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2009   #19
ken9122

Win7 x64 Ultimate SP1
 
 

I've used Vipre for a year. I'm testing MSE but will be reinstalling soon. I really like the 'Family Plan" which gives you unlimited installs for all your computers.
it can get annoying it you let it use the default update schedule.
I set it for daily.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Sep 2009   #20
tw33k

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheIgster View Post
Gee, thanks for suggesting Vipre Dinesh...now I'm going to have to spend more money for another anti virus after buying 2 full years of ESS...

I like Vipre better...
I'll get around to installing it but is it really that much better than NOD32? It seems lighter, from what I've seen, but does it have the advanced settings/capabilities that NOD32 has?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SunBelt Vipre AV compatible?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD caused by Sunbelt Personal Firewall
I keep getting BSODs relating to Sunbelt Personal Firewall, which is not a software product I recognize. I have not intentionally installed such software on my system (I use Microsoft Security Essentials) so I can only assume it is used by another product, possibly even MSE itself. I have...
BSOD Help and Support
Sunbelt Software and Malwarebytes Partner
Full story: Sunbelt Software and Malwarebytes Partner to Improve the Security of the Internet - Press Releases - MiamiHerald.com
System Security
Vipre av 4.0
more...VIPRE Antivirus 4.0 - Full Review - Reviews by PC Magazine
System Security
Is Vipre enough?
I recently installed Vipre. Is this sufficient protection? Would running PCTools "Threatfire" and/or MSE along side Vipre have any more benefit or would they conflict with each other? Thanks for any thoughts
System Security
Just installed VIPRE
Just installed VIPRE antivirus and anti spyware. I am using PCTools firewall. After turning off MSE, it is reporting "Computer at Risk". Is it OK to run MSE and VIPRE? Should I ignore the "at Risk" warning? The firewall included Threatfire, should I turn that off too? VIPRE reports clean machine...
System Security
Vipre
As i payed for Vipre to use in XP Pro, and as i use Windows 7 RC1 now i found it works %100 fine :)
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:28.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App