Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Latest Version of Malwarebytes

22 Jan 2017   #1241
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Will install after making my weekly images

A Guy


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Jan 2017   #1242
Alexey2912

W7 Pro 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jadinolf View Post
Here's what I'm getting.

I was getting exactly the same, support tried giving various options but none worked. At last they admitted it's a bug, which would be rectified by new year, but still the same. Lost faith in MBAM paid versions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2017   #1243
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Installed latest version. Time will tell if the issue remains.

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Jan 2017   #1244
jadinolf

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Installed latest version. Time will tell if the issue remains.

A Guy
For me the issues showed up immediately, Bill.

Can't even install it on two of my computers.

Will try it on my Windows 10 computer when it really is working.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2017   #1245
Firefox

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
From
Malwarebytes 3.0.6 Release Preview - Now Available! - Malwarebytes 3.0 - Malwarebytes Forums



How in the hell did Malwarebytes ever release 3.0 with this many problems??

Could it be that Malwarebytes did it like Microsoft did with W-10?
Both seemed to put their product out for the rest of the world to do the needed testing.
Obviously it's cheaper letting the world do the R&D rather that doing the needed R&D in house.

I would suggest to both companies that their reputation does have a value and these types of methods are not good for such reputations.

Just my opinion.

Jack
You may be right there, we seem to be the ones doing the R&D...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MoxieMomma View Post
There's no credible reason to be running version 1.75 -- it has been outdated since March 2014.

As was explained HERE and HERE, the fact that version 1.75 may still be getting database updates for a few more months hardly matters. It lacks several important features, such as anti-rootkit scanning, as well as many, many improvements to the scanning engines and real-time protection capabilities under the hood (such as heuristic detection). Running version 1.75 now - even with current "databases" - is a false sense of security. It may be better than nothing at all, but it's not nearly as robust as version 2.x.

So I cannot fault Malwarebytes for removing their official download links to a program that is nearly 3 years out of date.
As for version 2.2.1.1043, at least for now, either of these download links ought to work:

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbam_2x
https://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/web...2.2.1.1043.exe

Cheers,
MM
Excellent points here, there is no reason anyone should be running version 1.75 now. For now the best version to run is version 2.2.1.1043. That version is pretty solid, and together with the stand alone of MBAE you will be pretty protected.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2017   #1246
Seffrid

Windows 7 Home Premium 64
 
 

I now have both my home computers upgraded to version 2.2.1.1043 from version 1.75.

As for what happens in June, that rather depends on Malwarebytes. If version 3 is the only supported version at that time then it will need to be generally accepted as being fully fit for purpose which is clearly not the case at present. If it isn't, then my hope would be that they would extend the support period for version 2.x which is something I'd favour anyway as I'm none too sure about all the extra things about version 3 like it replacing an anti-virus program - not least because I don't think in relation to security that "putting all one's eggs in one basket" is ever a good idea. The appeal of running several different programs has always been that they catch different things, and expecting one program to catch everything is quite an ask. If it's fully compatible with the other programs that is one thing, but if not then that's a major problem.

On the other hand, Emsisoft seems to have built a good reputation for covering both anti-virus and anti-malware protection and that may be one option (among others) if MBAM version 3 isn't proven to be wholly viable at the point where support is dropped for version 2.x.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2017   #1247
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
From
Malwarebytes 3.0.6 Release Preview - Now Available! - Malwarebytes 3.0 - Malwarebytes Forums



How in the hell did Malwarebytes ever release 3.0 with this many problems??

Could it be that Malwarebytes did it like Microsoft did with W-10?
Both seemed to put their product out for the rest of the world to do the needed testing.
Obviously it's cheaper letting the world do the R&D rather that doing the needed R&D in house.

I would suggest to both companies that their reputation does have a value and these types of methods are not good for such reputations.

Just my opinion.

Jack
MS has gotten big enough it doesn't give the north end of a south bound furry little rodent about its reputation (which never was all that stellar anyway). Malwarebytes, on the other hand, should take a look at what happened to companies like Lavasoft, McAfee, Norton, Nero, etc. when their software became too bloated to work well or were otherwise buggy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2017   #1248
jadinolf

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
MS has gotten big enough it doesn't give the north end of a south bound furry little rodent about its reputation (which never was all that stellar anyway). Malwarebytes, on the other hand, should take a look at what happened to companies like Lavasoft, McAfee, Norton, Nero, etc. when their software became too bloated to work well or were otherwise buggy.
Yeah and it's run by a 28 year old kid and it shows.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2017   #1249
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jadinolf View Post
Yeah and it's run by a 28 year old kid and it shows.
Which one? "Nutella" is 49.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2017   #1250
Firefox

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Seffrid View Post
I now have both my home computers upgraded to version 2.2.1.1043 from version 1.75.

As for what happens in June, that rather depends on Malwarebytes. If version 3 is the only supported version at that time then it will need to be generally accepted as being fully fit for purpose which is clearly not the case at present. If it isn't, then my hope would be that they would extend the support period for version 2.x which is something I'd favour anyway as I'm none too sure about all the extra things about version 3 like it replacing an anti-virus program - not least because I don't think in relation to security that "putting all one's eggs in one basket" is ever a good idea. The appeal of running several different programs has always been that they catch different things, and expecting one program to catch everything is quite an ask. If it's fully compatible with the other programs that is one thing, but if not then that's a major problem.
They may stop the support for it, but most likely the definitions should work for version 2....

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jadinolf View Post
Yeah and it's run by a 28 year old kid and it shows.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Which one? "Nutella" is 49.
Marcin Kleczynski is the CEO of Malwarebytes and he is 28 years old...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Latest Version of Malwarebytes




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Problems with latest version of malwarebytes
I have updated malwarebytes 2.2 to 3.5 on all my clients machines including mine who have the paid one. I am finding on all of them, malwarebytes is still popping up saying its real time protection is off. I go into the program and click it on which takes a bit to get it to set. After each...
System Security
Malwarebytes Pay Version
I have the pay version and have it set under "Settings" > "Updater Settings" > have "Download and Install Program Updates If Available" checked and also "Notify Me When Update is Ready for Installation" checked. I am not getting any updates. I have to manually get the program updates. Is there...
System Security
Malwarebytes version 1.61
Malwarebytes released version 1.61 today. I tried to update using the auto update on a W7 x64 PC and it failed. I ran the mbam-clean uninstall utility and downloaded/installed version 1.61 without issues. Had to re-register and reconfigure the options. I'll wait a few days to see if others...
System Security
Malwarebytes Database Version
I just ran the updater in Malwarebytes, and was surprised at the change in version numbers, as can be seen in the screenshot. I suppose they may just have decided to use a different system, but I'm wondering if it might indicate something more nefarious, like someone else slipping into the picture?
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31.
Twitter Facebook Google+