Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Norton Internet Security 2010 for 6 months free

07 Nov 2009   #81
ratePV

Windows 7 SP1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Try it. you are going to like it.
Well it is excellent.

The memory consumption is low, performance is the almost the same as
without an AV.

I installed Norton 360 trial to test it out but i came across an issue:
Whenever i access Norton Backup Drive the window closes!
Why?
I setup a small backup to my second drive and as soon as i access it it closes!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
07 Nov 2009   #82
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ratePV View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Try it. you are going to like it.
Well it is excellent.

The memory consumption is low, performance is the almost the same as
without an AV.

I installed Norton 360 trial to test it out but i came across an issue:
Whenever i access Norton Backup Drive the window closes!
Why?
I setup a small backup to my second drive and as soon as i access it it closes!
Hi ratePV,

Open a new thread with this question, and give us some more info on your problem, and specifics like specs and setup.

Greetings
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Nov 2009   #83
ratePV

Windows 7 SP1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SquonkSC View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ratePV View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Try it. you are going to like it.
Well it is excellent.

The memory consumption is low, performance is the almost the same as
without an AV.

I installed Norton 360 trial to test it out but i came across an issue:
Whenever i access Norton Backup Drive the window closes!
Why?
I setup a small backup to my second drive and as soon as i access it it closes!
Hi ratePV,

Open a new thread with this question, and give us some more info on your problem, and specifics like specs and setup.

Greetings
Norton 360 backup drive disappears
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Nov 2009   #84
zteardrop

Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SquonkSC View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by neoasr View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2009   #85
Crazy Buddhist

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kreesdqban View Post
*OFFTOPIC* Turns out Comodo did very well on the latest firewall tests...

Results and comments - www.matousec.com
It did. Some others had a few "issues":
Norton Internet Security 2010 17.0.0.136 67% 8 Good Not recommended
Crazy B
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2009   #86
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Norton Internet Security 2010 caught a Trojan horse.
Norton Internet Security 2010 for 6 months free-trojan.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2009   #87
BSkiLLs

Win-7HP, VistaHP, XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Norton is a virus in itself...

Sorry, but I will never purchase that. In my experience, they are not any use anyways.

~Lordbob
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
I left Norton products a long time ago and see no reason to go back ...

yeah i felt the same and and did the same way but...

recently switched back and well.. love it so far and trust me i never thought i would say that again with them.

Mcaffee got me good the last time. ended up screwing 3 Hd's and Mb's of mine with a auto update from them. Still going after them about it and they are buying me a unit because of it that could not be fixed. i will NEVER use them again.

i switched at that time to windows live one care and it was ok "i thought" at the time. until i ran 2010 of this and it picked up 10 things that live one care didnt/wouldnt.

I love the new 2010 system so far. Great features and very very lightweight.

All thought mcafee has also went and followed there footsteps and has a liveupdate type of feature now as well plus more lightweight but.. never again with them for me. Never no matter what.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2009   #88
BSkiLLs

Win-7HP, VistaHP, XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SquonkSC View Post
Yeah, kind of reminds me of these two.

Attachment 31271

lmao..

thats a good one. hahaha
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2009   #89
Crazy Buddhist

 
 

Norton lost the plot about 8 years ago. Mainly by becoming the biggest piece of bloatware after windows itself.

If they happen to have started getting their house in order and reducing the machine-killing capability of their software that is great news.

However the fact remains they have been caught paying Virus writers to write viruses in the past and the current comparatives still show the virus detection rate is low and the firewall weak compared to other products.

I'll give them a little more time before even contemplating an install. And will still advise people not to use it. Hopefully they will continue their upward trend which I recognise and applaud - after all, we all have better security the more good players there are in the market.

Crazy B

ps It might have caught a Trojan but it doesn't yet have the facility to pop up a warning when it missed one - which it's not bad at doing either.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2009   #90
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
Norton lost the plot about 8 years ago. Mainly by becoming the biggest piece of bloatware after windows itself.

If they happen to have started getting their house in order and reducing the machine-killing capability of their software that is great news.

However the fact remains they have been caught paying Virus writers to write viruses in the past and the current comparatives still show the virus detection rate is low and the firewall weak compared to other products.

I'll give them a little more time before even contemplating an install. And will still advise people not to use it. Hopefully they will continue their upward trend which I recognise and applaud - after all, we all have better security the more good players there are in the market.

Crazy B

ps It might have caught a Trojan but it doesn't yet have the facility to pop up a warning when it missed one - which it's not bad at doing either.
Stop being a jerk.
How and why will any anti virus give you a pop up saying, "Oh! I'm sorry I missed a trojan". How funny!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Norton Internet Security 2010 for 6 months free




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
9 months of Bitdefender Internet Security free!
49 hours left!! Get 9 FREE months of The Best Antivirus of 2014
System Security
Norton Internet Security 2010
Windows tells me that I have no security software installed, but I have NIS 2010 installed and running ok... How do I make Windows 7 recognise NIS?
System Security
Norton Internet Security 2010 or Avast! Internet Security 2010
Hiya!! I just started to wonder that which one of these virus softwares is actually better and more lightweight?? Now i use AIS and it works so damn good all the time and it's so damn lightweight too and very powerfull too, i've never seen better virus softwares than AIS!!! And i really love...
System Security
Avira free or Norton Internet Security???
Hi! I know this is the eternal question, but let me tell you about my dilemma : Since i run Seven, i use Avira free edition + Windows Firewall & Win7 Firewall Control + Spybot but my internet provider offers me freely Norton Internet Security 2010 with my subsciption... I used NIS2009...
System Security
Free 12 Months Bullguard Internet Security 8.7 License
Starting Thursday 5th November(00.01 PST ). Here:
System Security
McAfee Internet Security 3-User free for 6 months
McAfee Internet Security with SiteAdvisor is a proactive 10-in-1 always-updating security bundle that protects what you value with multi-user child safety, identity theft prevention, email and IM protection, and automated back-up. It gives you the confidence to surf the web, shop, bank, email,...
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App