Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Free 1 Year Anti-Virus Subscriptions! - Limited Time

28 Oct 2009   #141
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lucretius View Post
Yes, I was slightly annoyed by those add-ons, but I quickly disabled them.

I've heard about MSE a few times, is it a contender against NIS and other related programs?
MSE is really Microsoft Security Essentials. Its Microsoft's free replacement for OneCare.

It provides the basic essentials for online safety, it does what Microsoft states it does, protects you. The program itself does something amazing as someone pointed out on another thread, it actually disables when you disable it.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Oct 2009   #142
Lucretius

7 Home Premium x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lucretius View Post
Yes, I was slightly annoyed by those add-ons, but I quickly disabled them.

I've heard about MSE a few times, is it a contender against NIS and other related programs?
MSE is really Microsoft Security Essentials. Its Microsoft's free replacement for OneCare.

It provides the basic essentials for online safety, it does what Microsoft states it does, protects you. The program itself does something amazing as someone pointed out on another thread, it actually disables when you disable it.
Well it sounds nice but I'm going to see if I can run NIS for the 3 month period I have it licensed to me and see what I can come up with...I'll report my lovely results on these forums of course!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2009   #143
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lucretius View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lucretius View Post
Yes, I was slightly annoyed by those add-ons, but I quickly disabled them.

I've heard about MSE a few times, is it a contender against NIS and other related programs?
MSE is really Microsoft Security Essentials. Its Microsoft's free replacement for OneCare.

It provides the basic essentials for online safety, it does what Microsoft states it does, protects you. The program itself does something amazing as someone pointed out on another thread, it actually disables when you disable it.
Well it sounds nice but I'm going to see if I can run NIS for the 3 month period I have it licensed to me and see what I can come up with...I'll report my lovely results on these forums of course!
Great! Maybe you will be the one to turn all this bad reputation around. Instead of Norton it will be McAfee (seriously they are becoming worse then Norton was lately!).

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Oct 2009   #144
hackerman1

W7-Enterprise + WS-2008 (Converted to Workstation)
 
 

hi !

Tews: "Wait.. You were the guy that was going to hack the HTML weren't you??? What happened???"
Dinesh: you were the guy that was going to hack the HTML weren't you??? What happened???
"DarkNovaGamer: Did I miss something?"
neoasr: he must hav drop the idea.. because thats take him nowhere... haha

i guess all of you missed the beginning of it all, the comedian was v0id who said something like:
"i have used my superior hacking skills on the page and have now managed to enter my data into the form"

but for some reason i can´t find v0id´s original post anymore ?
MY post was primarily intended for v0id, with a good portion of irony...
i also sent a PM "any tip on how to hack the html-code, so i can fill out the form ?"
i didn´t get any instructions...

have fun guys, but at the right person...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2009   #145
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

6 Now. :S
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2009   #146
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

4. I knew they wouldn't last long.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2009   #147
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

3 left.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2009   #148
Uber Philf

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

Not going as quickly as i thought.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Oct 2009   #149
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post
Not going as quickly as i thought.
2 now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Oct 2009   #150
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post
Not going as quickly as i thought.
2 now.
I hope you dont forget to get one for yourself though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Free 1 Year Anti-Virus Subscriptions! - Limited Time




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Best FREE Anti-Virus?
Best FREE Anti-Virus? I use Norton Right Now.. Its Gonna Expire...
System Security
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5, free 1 Year License
Its back again. :D Get Emsisoft Anti-Malware for free
System Security
Get a-squared / Emsisoft Anti-Malware, 1 year-license for FREE !
hi ! Get a-squared, 1-year licence for FREE ! thanks to Dinesh who posted about it: https://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/95615-emsisoft-anti-malware-5-free-1-year-license.html more info about a2 / EAM in that thread.... but, since most people have never heard of "Emsisoft...
System Security
Which is the Best Free Anti Virus for Win 7
Hi My Anti Virus Provided by Dell for Laptop Inspiron 1440 has expired and I am looking for Light/effective and free :D anti virus for my Laptop with Win 7. Please suggest.
System Security
Free Anti-Virus software?
My AVG was having problem's and I can't get it to work. I uninstalled. Is there one that is free and works good for Windows 7? Or is there something I can do too fix my old one? (if I were to re-download)
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:15.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App