Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Virus "Please update your internet explorer" even after formatting

27 May 2014   #71
gregrocker
Microsoft MVP

 

Wait for the Security specialists to guide you.

Keep a sterile environment with nothing plugged in, inserted or installed at all, no connection yet at all.

You can open IE to see what it does.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 May 2014   #72
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

1.) Go on the infected pc we are dealing with:

Click start type system info in the search. Click system information. Click file-export. Save the file.

If we want to be paranoid here, (And I suggest it) burn the file to a cd instead of using a flash drive or other device. Then go to another pc and upload the log here. Or burn speccy onto a cd, and then install it on the pc. Manually type in your system specs on the forum. Up to you.

2.)This is going to be slightly advanced, but you can do it by following all instructions.

Use this tutorial to create and boot into a linux live cd.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...cy-backup.html

Once you get it running by choosing to boot from live cd; Use the web browser and download the following files to your live cd desktop:

Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

Malwarebytes | Anti-Rootkit BETA - Free Rootkit Scanner & Remover

How to remove viruses with Panda Cloud Cleaner -Technical Support-Panda Security

Then copy the files by going into menu-file manager. Drag the downloaded files from your desktop to your
C:\users*your user name*\downloads folder.

The links provided in the download links give you instructions on how to run them. I suggest printing them and then following the instructions.

Run them and Do a scan with all of them.

Remove anything found and report back.

If you need help on a step, let us know. Do not guess. As long as you follow directions and answer questions we ask you, we can get this resolved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 May 2014   #73
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

I also need to know that the installation we are using here is a genuine copy with a genuine key, and that you are indeed installing with the digital river iso and not your own.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 May 2014   #74
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

I still think a run with this is a go as it will not interfere with the OS

Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2014   #75
Wintermoon1919

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
1.) Go on the infected pc we are dealing with:

Click start type system info in the search. Click system information. Click file-export. Save the file.

If we want to be paranoid here, (And I suggest it) burn the file to a cd instead of using a flash drive or other device. Then go to another pc and upload the log here. Or burn speccy onto a cd, and then install it on the pc. Manually type in your system specs on the forum. Up to you.

2.)This is going to be slightly advanced, but you can do it by following all instructions.

Use this tutorial to create and boot into a linux live cd.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...cy-backup.html

Once you get it running by choosing to boot from live cd; Use the web browser and download the following files to your live cd desktop:

Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

Malwarebytes | Anti-Rootkit BETA - Free Rootkit Scanner & Remover

How to remove viruses with Panda Cloud Cleaner -Technical Support-Panda Security

Then copy the files by going into menu-file manager. Drag the downloaded files from your desktop to your
C:\users*your user name*\downloads folder.

The links provided in the download links give you instructions on how to run them. I suggest printing them and then following the instructions.

Run them and Do a scan with all of them.

Remove anything found and report back.

If you need help on a step, let us know. Do not guess. As long as you follow directions and answer questions we ask you, we can get this resolved.

I can't burn the log file from the infected pc because i dont have nothing installed to create dvds so do you suggest to copy a program from a non-infected pc and then install it to the infected pc?

With Rufus i cant create a bootable dvd with peppermint but only a USB....what do you suggest?

thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2014   #76
Wintermoon1919

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

new problem that might help to understand what't the real issue

i just bought a new phone and when i connected to my home wireless i encountered the same problem
so it might be something else and not the infected pc

again thanks for you patience :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2014   #77
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wintermoon1919 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
1.) Go on the infected pc we are dealing with:

Click start type system info in the search. Click system information. Click file-export. Save the file.

If we want to be paranoid here, (And I suggest it) burn the file to a cd instead of using a flash drive or other device. Then go to another pc and upload the log here. Or burn speccy onto a cd, and then install it on the pc. Manually type in your system specs on the forum. Up to you.

2.)This is going to be slightly advanced, but you can do it by following all instructions.

Use this tutorial to create and boot into a linux live cd.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...cy-backup.html

Once you get it running by choosing to boot from live cd; Use the web browser and download the following files to your live cd desktop:

Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

Malwarebytes | Anti-Rootkit BETA - Free Rootkit Scanner & Remover

How to remove viruses with Panda Cloud Cleaner -Technical Support-Panda Security

Then copy the files by going into menu-file manager. Drag the downloaded files from your desktop to your
C:\users*your user name*\downloads folder.

The links provided in the download links give you instructions on how to run them. I suggest printing them and then following the instructions.

Run them and Do a scan with all of them.

Remove anything found and report back.

If you need help on a step, let us know. Do not guess. As long as you follow directions and answer questions we ask you, we can get this resolved.

I can't burn the log file from the infected pc because i dont have nothing installed to create dvds so do you suggest to copy a program from a non-infected pc and then install it to the infected pc?

With Rufus i cant create a bootable dvd with peppermint but only a USB....what do you suggest?

thanks
Yes Winter mate you would have to make this disk on (or stick I prefer a disk) on a non infected or at least a working machine.
There are others too if you prefer take a look at this list

Bootable AntiVirus Rescue CD for Windows: Free Download

Now it is coincidental too that I have a vaguely similar problem plugging my new phone in but yes any new stuff causing issues is worth a look at.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2014   #78
gregrocker
Microsoft MVP

 

Use Windows Image Burner to burn bootable disks except for Win7 disk - type it in Search box or right click the ISO to Burn to disk with, or Open with.

For copying files to CD, just drag them to the CD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2014   #79
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wintermoon1919 View Post
new problem that might help to understand what't the real issue

i just bought a new phone and when i connected to my home wireless i encountered the same problem
so it might be something else and not the infected pc

again thanks for you patience :)
Problem with your phone the same thing? The flash player prompt?

Is this going to any website or the same website?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2014   #80
Wintermoon1919

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wintermoon1919 View Post
new problem that might help to understand what't the real issue

i just bought a new phone and when i connected to my home wireless i encountered the same problem
so it might be something else and not the infected pc

again thanks for you patience :)
Problem with your phone the same thing? The flash player prompt?

Is this going to any website or the same website?
same thing on 2 smartphones that connect to the home wireless
when for example i go to youtube.com it comes out the page "please update flash player"

(remember that even connecting my pc by cable the same thing occurs)

the strange thing is that the other two pcs work well
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Virus "Please update your internet explorer" even after formatting




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
"Internet Explorer has stopped working" error message
IE 11 stopped working as the alert states. Supposedly it is checking on a solution, but none has come back after several days of not working. I have no idea why this has happened. I certainly don't mind deleting the program and installing a new one, but I can't see how to do this. Luckily...
Browsers & Mail
Removing a "Trusted Publisher" from Internet Explorer and Office 2007
Comodo Security Solutions is listed as a "Trusted Publisher" in both Word 2007 as well as IE 10 Preview. I was unable to remove it even after reverting to IE8. Running WIN 7_64 and IE10 currently with Kaspersky Internet Security 2013. I was able to remove Comodo Security Solutions from "trusted...
System Security
"dependency chain" "windows 7" internet "windows explorer"
"dependency chain" "windows 7" internet "windows explorer" At the time of this writing, this search in Google will produce one result at best. Am I searching the wrong things? I have tried a couple handfuls of variants, and I am coming up with zilch. Though I am fairly well versed in...
System Security
How to Limit "Favorites" tab to Only Display Internet Explorer Folders
I apologise for in advance for not being able to ask the question clearly, but if I could do THAT I could probably figure this out on my own. Win7 is different in that the "Favorites" drop down menu has EVERYTHING on my entire computer, and I have to manually poke arond and figure out where the...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App