Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: AVG Internet Security

09 Nov 2009   #11
tw33k

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

I had AVG on my work pc when I started. Not long after I started there, I noticed my pc was sluggish so I put 3gb ram in it. Still sluggish...thought virus!! Installed NOD32 and what do you know. The computer had over 100 infected files. AVG not for me.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Nov 2009   #12
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
I had AVG on my work pc when I started. Not long after I started there, I noticed my pc was sluggish so I put 3gb ram in it. Still sluggish...thought virus!! Installed NOD32 and what do you know. The computer had over 100 infected files. AVG not for me.
One of my friend had AVG and it found a trojan in the pc. When clicked the Heal button, AVG couldn't disinfect or quarantine it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2009   #13
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
I had AVG on my work pc when I started. Not long after I started there, I noticed my pc was sluggish so I put 3gb ram in it. Still sluggish...thought virus!! Installed NOD32 and what do you know. The computer had over 100 infected files. AVG not for me.
One of my friend had AVG and it found a trojan in the pc. When clicked
the Heal button, AVG couldn't disinfect or quarantine it.
Neither of you guys have answered the original question.
You have both submitted anecdotes which do not specify that the current AVG Internet Security was the programme being used.
Also you have not given an opinion merely actions that were taken.
panais wants an opinion & why on the current program.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Nov 2009   #14
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
I had AVG on my work pc when I started. Not long after I started there, I noticed my pc was sluggish so I put 3gb ram in it. Still sluggish...thought virus!! Installed NOD32 and what do you know. The computer had over 100 infected files. AVG not for me.
One of my friend had AVG and it found a trojan in the pc. When clicked
the Heal button, AVG couldn't disinfect or quarantine it.
Neither of you guys have answered the original question.
You have both submitted anecdotes which do not specify that the current AVG Internet Security was the programme being used.
Also you have not given an opinion merely actions that were taken.
panais wants an opinion & why on the current program.
I m talking about AVG 8.5 which remained in the market for quite a long time. But I know AVG 9 is a great improvement over AVG 8.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2009   #15
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 
AVG Internet Security

I use AVG Internet Security,and i need and other users opinion.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2009   #16
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

panais,
I would be very interested in your opinion in due course.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2009   #17
Crispy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1 (Build 6.1.7601)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
What is ur opinon about AVG Internet Security and why?
AVG is very good anit-virus imo I have tried many others and AVG is really user friendly and dose not chew up resources.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2009   #18
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

AVG is denegrated for some reason and I think it does a fine job. I think its weak link is the drivers sometimes cause BSOD's. One could do much worse than AVG.

I think I will be forced to leave the heavy lifting to someone who has long term experience with it.

Ken J
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2009   #19
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
AVG is denegrated for some reason and I think it does a fine job. I think its weak link is the drivers sometimes cause BSOD's. One could do much worse than AVG.

I think I will be forced to leave the heavy lifting to someone who has long term experience with it.

Ken J
This may or may not be considered long term experience with AVG.
I have used AVG paid version on Win 98 [ x 2 computers ]
XP Pro [ x 2computers] & Vista Ultimate 64-bit [ x 2 computers ]
FWIW - When I get Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit I plan to use AVG paid.
Other Anti Virus progs have also been used on the above OS. I have always returned by choice to AVG.
IMHO it works very well on all of the above OS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2009   #20
roban

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

I had a subscription to AVG IS for a couple of years and finally gave it up because of the toll it took on my resources. I then went to ESET IS and gave that up because it would not let me network my printers without (IMO) major surgery. I now have happily settled on Norton IS 2010.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 AVG Internet Security




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
MS Security Essential and Kaspersky Internet Security 2014
Have been persuaded to use Kaspersky and am awaiting download. Do I have to remove Sec Essentials before installing Kasp ?
System Security
Outlook 2010 - Internet Security Warning - Security Certificate cannot
Outlook 2010 Security warning upon opening Outlook: Initial problem: Work email from home computer stopped sending (had been working fine), though I have no problem receiving email. (Note: Home email account continues to work fine.) Email host Support (Comcast) worked me through finding the right...
Microsoft Office
AVG 9 Internet Security v Microsoft Security Essentials
Which is better? I have AVG 9 til 2018, full version, but I'm considering MSE. Which is better? Which do you use?
System Security
Internet Security / Computer Security
Here is one for you guys, A pc i built for someone Recently Broke, Took me a while to figure out why but i got it down to the HDD. Couple of Problems with the HDD So i PLugged it into a External Case to have a look. Trojans, Bit of Malware (Encryption) and some junk later I Got the...
System Security
Norton Internet Security 2010 or Avast! Internet Security 2010
Hiya!! I just started to wonder that which one of these virus softwares is actually better and more lightweight?? Now i use AIS and it works so damn good all the time and it's so damn lightweight too and very powerfull too, i've never seen better virus softwares than AIS!!! And i really love...
System Security
Avg internet security or bitdefender internet security?
Avg internet security or bitdefender internet security? Which one is better and why?
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:58.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App