Windows 7 compatible Antivirus

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 75
    Ubuntu,Mandriva,PCLOS,XP and,Windows 7
       #131

    fhester said:
    The whole idea of "Beta" is to find out what works and what doesn't. I have been loading all of the programs I normally use on W7, they are working as well (or better) than Vista Ultimate 64
    Great point
    We need a compiled list of all the completely- compatible free anti-virus/firewall programs that currently work with W7 without having to use Vista compatibility mode.
    That will at least, give all of us a base to build on as to what AV app currently works with W7 with no special install/run requirements.:)
    The key word here is free.
    Someone with just a little time please review this forum and post a list of the freecompatible AV's available. Remember, free only.
    We can discuss paid AV apps after final release of W7...agreed???

      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2,899
    Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
       #132

    smoaky said:
    Great point
    We need a compiled list of all the completely- compatible free anti-virus/firewall programs that currently work with W7 without having to use Vista compatibility mode.
    That will at least, give all of us a base to build on as to what AV app currently works with W7 with no special install/run requirements.:)
    The key word here is free.
    Someone with just a little time please review this forum and post a list of the freecompatible AV's available. Remember, free only.
    We can discuss paid AV apps after final release of W7...agreed???

    hello smoaky

    this is already know that avast and the beta AV show in MS w7 website are some that are free and offer protection
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ant...windows-7.aspx
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 75
    Ubuntu,Mandriva,PCLOS,XP and,Windows 7
       #133

    darkassain said:
    hello smoaky

    this is already know that avast and the beta AV show in MS w7 website are some that are free and offer protection
    Windows 7: Security software providers
    Thanks
    I have read this earlier and thanks for the reminder but......
    I would like an updated list of all the free AV programs (other than Avast,AVG,Antivir) that are compatible.
    Someone with a free AV other than what has been listed with no compatibility issues please add to this list.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 8
    Windows XP on Desktop / Windows 7 on Laptop
       #134

    I am using Kaspersky Antivirus 2009 only, and it working good...
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 8,476
    Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
       #135

    How about McAfee total protection 09?
    I was previously using norton internet security 09 but i didnt like it though.
    i have never used mcafee in my lifetime.
    this is my 1st experience... lets hope for the best out of it...
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 75
    Ubuntu,Mandriva,PCLOS,XP and,Windows 7
       #136

    smoaky said:
    Thanks
    I have read this earlier and thanks for the reminder but......
    I would like an updated list of all the free AV programs (other than Avast,AVG,Antivir) that are compatible.
    Someone with a free AV other than what has been listed with no compatibility issues please add to this list.
    Please inform all of us about free AV compatible programs.
    Kaspersky and Mcafee are not free
    Thanks
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 8,476
    Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
       #137

    Both norton n mcafee sucks!
    I just switched to avast pro 4.8 n it rocks man.
    The user interface is still not decent. But who cares!
    We need system security. I'm trying for the 1st time n it's the best.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 2,899
    Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
       #138

    smoaky said:
    smoaky said:
    Thanks
    I have read this earlier and thanks for the reminder but......
    I would like an updated list of all the free AV programs (other than Avast,AVG,Antivir) that are compatible.
    Someone with a free AV other than what has been listed with no compatibility issues please add to this list.
    Please inform all of us about free AV compatible programs.
    Kaspersky and Mcafee are not free
    Thanks
    are there any other?
    there's clam AV but thats it as for for any respectable antivirs...
    i dont know any others that are free to the public and that respectable protection..

    oh and please dont quote your own post please...
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 18
    Windows7
       #139

    Thank you for sharing.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 8
    WINDOWS 7 BETA
       #140

    i have avg anti virus free and its working flawlessly on my 7000 build, its a free download and works great
      My Computer


 
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57.
Find Us