Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: DefenseWall Personal Firewall v3 - public beta is ready

05 Dec 2009   #1
Creer

Windows 7 Home Premium x32 SP1
 
 
DefenseWall Personal Firewall v3 - public beta is ready

Quote:
DefenseWall Personal Firewall is the world's first Sandbox Firewall built with innovative 'Adaptive Automatic Protection'.

DefenseWall Personal Firewall extends the power of DefenseWall HIPS based on our simple ‘trusted or untrusted’ system of protection. There is no struggling with firewall settings, user modes, ports, sockets or rules.

No Firewall or HIPS Learning Mode
No Setup of Ports and Sockets
No Unwanted Restarts
No Application Checksum Re-checks
Industry-minimum number of popup windows

Features:
...
DefenseWall Personal Firewall v3 - public beta is ready-dwpfv3.png

Resource usage:
DefenseWall Personal Firewall v3 - public beta is ready-cpuusage.png

Read more:
DefenseWall V3 public beta. - Gladiator Security Forum




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Dec 2009   #2
jav

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1
 
 

Thanks Creer, was waiting for it

Edit: Will there be any problems if I leave my firewall which came with McAfee suite on aswell.
I know that 2 firewalls may cause problems, but will Defencewall firewall aswell?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2009   #3
Creer

Windows 7 Home Premium x32 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jav View Post
Thanks Creer, was waiting for it

Edit: Will there be any problems if I leave my firewall which came with McAfee suite on aswell.
I know that 2 firewalls may cause problems, but will Defencewall firewall aswell?
DefenseWall Personal Firewall CAN works without any problems with second firewall in realtime.

BTW. Here you will find CLT tests result:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1TsFnxQmoM

Also please note that failed FileDrop method in tests - is not an issue - this one is outdated test.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Dec 2009   #4
jav

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Creer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jav View Post
Thanks Creer, was waiting for it

Edit: Will there be any problems if I leave my firewall which came with McAfee suite on aswell.
I know that 2 firewalls may cause problems, but will Defencewall firewall aswell?
DefenseWall Personal Firewall CAN works without any problems with second firewall in realtime.

BTW. Here you will find CLT tests result:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1TsFnxQmoM

Also please note that failed FileDrop method in tests - is not an issue - this one is outdated test.
Ok, Thank you.
I found Ilya's post that it works with other firewalls aswell.
And was watching this video (I found in Defencewall forum)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2009   #5
Victek

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Creer View Post
Quote:
DefenseWall Personal Firewall is the world's first Sandbox Firewall built with innovative 'Adaptive Automatic Protection'.

DefenseWall Personal Firewall extends the power of DefenseWall HIPS based on our simple ‘trusted or untrusted’ system of protection. There is no struggling with firewall settings, user modes, ports, sockets or rules.

No Firewall or HIPS Learning Mode
No Setup of Ports and Sockets
No Unwanted Restarts
No Application Checksum Re-checks
Industry-minimum number of popup windows

Features:
...
Attachment 40490

Resource usage:
Attachment 40492

Read more:
DefenseWall V3 public beta. - Gladiator Security Forum
.
Is Windows 7 x64 supported?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2009   #6
TheIgster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Victek View Post
Is Windows 7 x64 supported?
I would say no because I just tried to load it and I get a Driver not Loaded error message and nothing else. It is in the tray, but not on. No way to fix it or any description at all. Uninstalled...

I watched that video as well, sure hope that the pop ups are not as ugly as in that video. I mean really, a form with a huge text box on it for the pop up prompt for the user? Ugh.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2009   #7
jav

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Victek View Post
.
Is Windows 7 x64 supported?
nor Defencewall nor GesWall or any othere similar programms support x64
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2009   #8
TheIgster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jav View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Victek View Post
.
Is Windows 7 x64 supported?
nor Defencewall nor GesWall or any othere similar programms support x64
Avast Internet Security Beta support 64-bit for their sandbox feature. First one of it's kind apparently.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2009   #9
Creer

Windows 7 Home Premium x32 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Victek View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Creer View Post
Quote:
DefenseWall Personal Firewall is the world's first Sandbox Firewall built with innovative 'Adaptive Automatic Protection'.

DefenseWall Personal Firewall extends the power of DefenseWall HIPS based on our simple ‘trusted or untrusted’ system of protection. There is no struggling with firewall settings, user modes, ports, sockets or rules.

No Firewall or HIPS Learning Mode
No Setup of Ports and Sockets
No Unwanted Restarts
No Application Checksum Re-checks
Industry-minimum number of popup windows

Features:
...
Attachment 40490

Resource usage:
Attachment 40492

Read more:
DefenseWall V3 public beta. - Gladiator Security Forum
.
Is Windows 7 x64 supported?
Hi Victek,

unfortunatelly 64-bit is not supported so far.
More explanations you will find in this thread at wilders:
Wilders Security Forums - View Single Post - 64-bit systems and anti-malware software
Wilders Security Forums - View Single Post - 64-bit systems and anti-malware software
Wilders Security Forums - View Single Post - 64-bit systems and anti-malware software
and others
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2009   #10
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Creer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Victek View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Creer View Post
.
Is Windows 7 x64 supported?
Hi Victek,

unfortunatelly 64-bit is not supported so far.
More explanations you will find in this thread at wilders:
Wilders Security Forums - View Single Post - 64-bit systems and anti-malware software
Wilders Security Forums - View Single Post - 64-bit systems and anti-malware software
Wilders Security Forums - View Single Post - 64-bit systems and anti-malware software
and others
The 2nd post says that "once 64bit becomes the industry standard, they will sue MS. "
why?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 DefenseWall Personal Firewall v3 - public beta is ready




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows Personal Firewall service and Mcafee firewall not turning on
I have been dealin with this 2 days now and went through all the steps recommended by Microsoft... even downloaded Virtual tech for mcafee and FIx it for MS none worked. went to google to try to follow other advises and tried to do malware removal . after it i followed these steps: Download both...
System Security
Photoshop CS6 is ready for download, in beta
Photoshop CS6 Beta is available to download Note: You do not need a serial number to install and use the beta. Simply select "Try. I want to try Adobe Photoshop CS6 for a limited time." in the Welcome Screen when you start the installation process. Photoshop CS6 Highlights ...
Software
Libraries, Personal & Public Folders - Problems
A few months ago I made a change to my user accounts which seem to have resulted in a couple of problems. First here's what I did: I added a guest account, and then password protected my personal accout. The reason for doing this was because I had people housesitting and I wanted to allow them...
General Discussion
Ubuntu 10.04 beta 2 ready for download
he second beta version of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Long-Term Support) aka Lucid Lynx is now available in multiple flavors - Desktop, Server, Netbooks Remix (and Kubuntu, Edubuntu), for those who want to test out the upcoming Linux distribution. The Beta 2 is based on the 2.6.32-16.25 kernel and...
Chillout Room
Libraries - Personal and Public User Folders
User Folders in Windows 7 Libraries Libraries let you access and arrange items from one or more folders quickly without moving them from their original location. Libraries themselves don't store your files or folders. Instead, they point to different locations on a hard disk or external drive...
Tutorials


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App