Latest version of Avast Antivirus

Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 8,476
    Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
       #101

    HughShaw said:
    Can I update from 4.8 w/o any problems and will the settings be transferred over?
    Yes you can upgrade but not sure if the settings will be transferred. Hence uninstall the old version before installing the new one...just to avoid problems.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 22
    windows 7 pro 64 bit
       #102

    Avast Home Registration-Should you wait 60 days?


    Hi All,

    I have recently done a fresh install of Win 7 Pro 64 and decided not to reinstall my AVG.

    I opted for the free trial of Avast Home 4.8- installed a couple of days ago. I guess this will be free for a year after the 60 trail? Very cool.

    My question is does it make a difference when you register it? If I wait 60 days, will I have 12 months + 60days or does it not even matter?

    Sorry if this is a silly question.

    btw: So far, Win 7 makes my Win XP Pro look like child's play. Loving it so far.

    Thx
    Don
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 70,233
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #103

    Hello Don, and welcome to Seven Forums.

    The registration is completely free to get your license number good for only one year before having to reconfirm registration again to get another one year free, and so on forever. As long as you do so before the 60 day grace period before having to register for the program to continue to work. Your one year time starts on the day that you register. That's all. :)
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 5,807
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
       #104

    Brink said:
    Hello Don, and welcome to Seven Forums.

    The registration is completely free to get your license number good for only one year before having to reconfirm registration again to get another one year free, and so on forever. As long as you do so before the 60 day grace period before having to register for the program to continue to work. Your one year time starts on the day that you register. That's all. :)
    Thats all huh? You wouldn't be supporting anything that might "beat the system" would you Shawn?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 27
    Windows 7 Ultimate RTM (x86)
       #105

    Zidane24 said:
    Brink said:
    Hello Don, and welcome to Seven Forums.

    The registration is completely free to get your license number good for only one year before having to reconfirm registration again to get another one year free, and so on forever. As long as you do so before the 60 day grace period before having to register for the program to continue to work. Your one year time starts on the day that you register. That's all. :)
    Thats all huh? You wouldn't be supporting anything that might "beat the system" would you Shawn?
    No, honestly that is how it works. You can check on their website.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5,807
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
       #106

    twick said:
    Zidane24 said:
    Brink said:
    Hello Don, and welcome to Seven Forums.

    The registration is completely free to get your license number good for only one year before having to reconfirm registration again to get another one year free, and so on forever. As long as you do so before the 60 day grace period before having to register for the program to continue to work. Your one year time starts on the day that you register. That's all. :)
    Thats all huh? You wouldn't be supporting anything that might "beat the system" would you Shawn?
    No, honestly that is how it works. You can check on their website.
    Nah...I am just having good fun with my friend Shawn here...no worries...

    If he beats me to another tutorial tomorrow...than this means war!
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 70,233
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #107

    LOL.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 22
    windows 7 pro 64 bit
       #108

    Zidane24 said:
    twick said:
    Zidane24 said:
    Thats all huh? You wouldn't be supporting anything that might "beat the system" would you Shawn?
    No, honestly that is how it works. You can check on their website.
    Nah...I am just having good fun with my friend Shawn here...no worries...

    If he beats me to another tutorial tomorrow...than this means war!
    Thanks for the info. I am really happy with Win 7 so far and the help in this forum has been great. Avast seems great, and I will stick with the Win FW for now. It has been working well so far.

    thx again
    DN
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 173
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64
       #109

    I've renewed my registration with Avast! for the last six years already, and it is still free. :P
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 26
    Windows7 7600-RTM x64 | Win XP x32
       #110

    Avast Beta 5.0.221 available.

    New beta refresh [5.0.221]
      My Computer


 
Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43.
Find Us