Latest version of Avast Antivirus

Page 25 of 87 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 18,408
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
       #241

    Thanks. Updated to .396 thru the program this time.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 70,229
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #242

    Thank you Neoasr. First post updated. :)
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 310
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
       #243

    No firewall in the free edition if i use it is that enough protection (surfing and downloading files only), is the windows 7 firewall enough?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 408
    Windows Seven Home Premium 32bit SP1
       #244

    psikofunkster said:
    No firewall in the free edition if i use it is that enough protection (surfing and downloading files only), is the windows 7 firewall enough?
    Hello psikofunkster, Windows Firewall is good & works well alongside Avast
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 310
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
       #245

    mitchell64 said:
    psikofunkster said:
    No firewall in the free edition if i use it is that enough protection (surfing and downloading files only), is the windows 7 firewall enough?
    Hello psikofunkster, Windows Firewall is good & works well alongside Avast
    Wow really? thanks man but the free version doesn't have the script shield....Would it really protect against virus and spyware even when im browsing dangerous sites?

    avast! Free Antivirus - Download Software for Virus Protection

    The avast web site says also that the free version:
    doesn't protect you when you Surfing high-risk websites. so its not secure to use it right?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 13,360
    Windows 7 Professional x64
       #246

    psikofunkster said:
    mitchell64 said:
    psikofunkster said:
    No firewall in the free edition if i use it is that enough protection (surfing and downloading files only), is the windows 7 firewall enough?
    Hello psikofunkster, Windows Firewall is good & works well alongside Avast
    Wow really? thanks man but the free version doesn't have the script shield....Would it really protect against virus and spyware even when im browsing dangerous sites?

    avast! Free Antivirus - Download Software for Virus Protection

    The avast web site says also that the free version:
    doesn't protect you when you Surfing high-risk websites. so its not secure to use it right?
    Don't go surfing dangerous sites, then.

    If you need to for whatever reasons (I will not even ask), get an on-demand scanner like Malwarebytes, and run it every time you visit one of those sites.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 310
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
       #247

    Jonathan_King said:
    psikofunkster said:
    mitchell64 said:

    Hello psikofunkster, Windows Firewall is good & works well alongside Avast
    Wow really? thanks man but the free version doesn't have the script shield....Would it really protect against virus and spyware even when im browsing dangerous sites?

    avast! Free Antivirus - Download Software for Virus Protection

    The avast web site says also that the free version:
    doesn't protect you when you Surfing high-risk websites. so its not secure to use it right?
    Don't go surfing dangerous sites, then.

    If you need to for whatever reasons (I will not even ask), get an on-demand scanner like Malwarebytes, and run it every time you visit one of those sites.
    nop because malwarebytes slows my pc. Maybe i should use norton internet security 2010.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 13,360
    Windows 7 Professional x64
       #248

    psikofunkster said:
    Jonathan_King said:
    psikofunkster said:

    Wow really? thanks man but the free version doesn't have the script shield....Would it really protect against virus and spyware even when im browsing dangerous sites?

    avast! Free Antivirus - Download Software for Virus Protection

    The avast web site says also that the free version:
    doesn't protect you when you Surfing high-risk websites. so its not secure to use it right?
    Don't go surfing dangerous sites, then.

    If you need to for whatever reasons (I will not even ask), get an on-demand scanner like Malwarebytes, and run it every time you visit one of those sites.
    nop because malwarebytes slows my pc. Maybe i should use norton internet security 2010.
    If you want to go the full security suite, look into getting a free one, like avast or Microsoft Security Essentials. There is no need to pay for anti-virus software these days!
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 4,927
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
       #249

    Malwarebytes never proved its worth to me since it found just one false positive and nothing else where others have.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 11,840
    64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
       #250

    hmm.... thats strange Nick.... Its always proven to be very accurate with me....
      My Computer


 
Page 25 of 87 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:38.
Find Us