Latest version of Avast Antivirus

Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 7
    Windows Vista & Windows 7
       #41

    There's some different Avast sounds in a post by Vlk in this thread:

    ..:: NEW TERMINAL SOUNDS ::..
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 24
    Windows 7 Build 7100
       #42

    will avast install on win7 build 7100? i can't find windows 7 in the system requirement..i'm looking for a better alternative to kasperky's technical preview antivirus which is the one i'm currently using now
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 18,408
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
       #43

    Yes it will. Many have been using it on Win 7 since before the beta 7000 build.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 24
    Windows 7 Build 7100
       #44

    Airbot said:
    Yes it will. Many have been using it on Win 7 since before the beta 7000 build.
    does it have a firewall?
    kaspersky's training mode is a big headache because it ask for permission everytime a program connects to the internet
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 18,408
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
       #45

    No, it has a network shield though. I find Windows firewall sufficient.The free has 7 modules,minus the Script blocking. The pro has one more, the Script blocking. The free Home Edition is good though.


    Latest version of Avast Antivirus-avastmodules.jpgLatest version of Avast Antivirus-avastmodules2.jpg
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 24
    Windows 7 Build 7100
       #46

    Airbot said:
    No, it has a network shield though. I find Windows firewall sufficient.The free has 7 modules,minus the Script blocking. The pro has one more, the Script blocking. The free Home Edition is good though.


    Latest version of Avast Antivirus-avastmodules.jpgLatest version of Avast Antivirus-avastmodules2.jpg
    what is the difference between a firewall and network shield..and what is the use of script blocking?

    i will install this and enable windows firewall at the same time..will it affect my internet bandwidth?.. i'm on wireless broadband so every bit of connection speed is important to me
      My Computer


  7. NoN
    Posts : 4,167
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
       #47

    engrjayze said:
    what is the difference between a firewall and network shield..and what is the use of script blocking?

    i will install this and enable windows firewall at the same time..will it affect my internet bandwidth?.. i'm on wireless broadband so every bit of connection speed is important to me
    PC Tools Firewall Plus (freeware), do a good job, but disable Windows Firewall.
    You have to automated the Windows Firewall or at each start care to set it to Active, from the control panel, Windows Firewall.

    avast! (freeware but have to get registred on key),
    is a good anti-Virus to complete and help the firewall.

    I haven't seen internet bandwidth dropping...on mine:)

    I'm no paranoid , but like to see what kind of ports are blocked and analyse result to drop them well.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 24
    Windows 7 Build 7100
       #48

    NoN said:
    PC Tools Firewall Plus (freeware), do a good job, but disable Windows Firewall.
    You have to automated the Windows Firewall or at each start care to set it to Active, from the control panel, Windows Firewall.

    avast! (freeware but have to get registred on key),
    is a good anti-Virus to complete and help the firewall.

    I haven't seen internet bandwidth dropping...on mine:)

    I'm no paranoid , but like to see what kind of ports are blocked and analyse result to drop them well.
    thanks for the help..i'm getting avast now
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 3,028
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
       #49

    56% success rate is just not good enough in my opinion
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Latest version of Avast Antivirus-avast.jpg  
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 262
    Windows 7 Ultimate, Ubuntu
       #50

    Thanks Brink - I had it on auto but nice to check - coz its such a polite program, I forgot (again) it was there at all!
    That's how I like an AV program - right out of my way, I even dropped the reassuring update voice coz I just TRUST it.
      My Computer


 
Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47.
Find Us