Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: MSE and McAfee, can this run at the same time?

21 Jan 2010   #1
greens6x

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 
MSE and McAfee, can this run at the same time?

I have installed "Microsoft Security Essential" and now i have a "McAfee VirusScan Plus", can this BOTHH run at the same time?

if not, which is better for Windows7 64-bit?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Jan 2010   #2
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Hello!

It is not recommended to run multiple security suites running at the same time.

Personally, I use Microsoft's own MSE, because it is very lightweight and fast. It also does a great job at detecting threats.

MSE hardly affects boot times at all. I highly recommend it!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #3
greens6x

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Hello!

It is not recommended to run multiple security suites running at the same time.

Personally, I use Microsoft's own MSE, because it is very lightweight and fast. It also does a great job at detecting threats.

MSE hardly affects boot times at all. I highly recommend it!
Thnx Jonathan..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Jan 2010   #4
AussieGuy92

 
 

you can run Avast and MSE together and they won't conflict and there is no difference in boot time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #5
polarbear

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Avast and MSE together works great together... but then again.. try MSE and once a week or month run Avast to put yourself at ease... GL
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #6
Crispy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1 (Build 6.1.7601)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by greens6x View Post
I have installed "Microsoft Security Essential" and now i have a "McAfee VirusScan Plus", can this BOTHH run at the same time?

if not, which is better for Windows7 64-bit?
You can have two anti-virus running at the same time but DON'T have two firewalls running at the same time otherwise they will conflict.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #7
greens6x

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by greens6x View Post
I have installed "Microsoft Security Essential" and now i have a "McAfee VirusScan Plus", can this BOTHH run at the same time?

if not, which is better for Windows7 64-bit?
You can have two anti-virus running at the same time but DON'T have two firewalls running at the same time otherwise they will conflict.
oh.. so both McAfee and MSE can run at the same with just 1firewall, wich firewall is better, MSE or McAfee? Thnx foreplies guys..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2010   #8
smsff7

Windows 7 Pro X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stillfreefilms View Post
you can run Avast and MSE together and they won't conflict and there is no difference in boot time.
That is good to know. I wanted to try out MSE now I have no excuse :P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2010   #9
Crispy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1 (Build 6.1.7601)
 
 

IMO I would go Avast.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2010   #10
greens6x

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
Avast and MSE together works great together... but then again.. try MSE and once a week or month run Avast to put yourself at ease... GL
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
IMO I would go Avast.
I'll try this.. Thnx..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 MSE and McAfee, can this run at the same time?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
John McAfee hates McAfee !!!
Guys Thought this would bring in some much needed laugh :D bKgf5PaBzyg p.s let me know if this isn't appropriate .. will delete the post !!
Chillout Room
Mcafee over MSE
Someone told me today that I should use the Mcafee Security Suite instead of MSE? What do yall think? I also use malwarebytes and I was wondering if I need to download another spyware program or if MSE and malwarebytes also do that? Thanks
System Security
McAfee and MSE?
I again request the best guess answer to my question. If the answers could be explained in moderate detail so I can understand, that would be the icing on the cake. I am currently using Retail McAfee Internet Security. I am happy with it, seems to function quite well. I have been advised...
System Security
Mcafee & 7
Did they work out the bugs? I remember a year ago mcafee didn't jib with w7. IE: Wasn't compatible .
Software
Mcafee
Mcafee does NOT work on windows 7 beta build 7100... Anyone else tried to install it?
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App