Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What to get ?

03 Jun 2010   #1
fonziesponzie

Windows 7
 
 
What to get ?

So,

I've had some virusses and malware on my pc, i had AVG installed, but apperntly that didnt work, So my question is
What (free) softwareshould i use to protect my machine?

I download stuff via warez from RS, dont use torrents.
Win7 64 bit 4GBram P7450 2.13GHz

Had some trouble the last weeks but you guys helped me alot in deleting infected things. I want to avoid this as much as i can,
Currently i got ESSET NOD32 installed but its a trial virsion which will expire in 4 days


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Jun 2010   #2
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I'd suggest purchasing ESET and then using something like malwarebytes.org based on your willingness to use shady websites and software.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jun 2010   #3
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Quote:
I download stuff via warez
Good place to find all the nasty malware out there
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Jun 2010   #4
fonziesponzie

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
Quote:
I download stuff via warez
Good place to find all the nasty malware out there
? didnt know that, i scan them with Malware bytes before extracting or opening though

Ill try ESSET, seems pretty good, the other one recommended was Prevx, whats you opinion? on that
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jun 2010   #5
kucing13

 

MSE ,avast,nod 32 and comodo. I'm not recommending to install all,but those can come in handy

and if you love your pc.please avoid going to such website. AV's and firewall act to prevent but you decide to avoid it. After all some AV has some loophole and leak you didn't know

p/s:Just try wearing bulletproof vest and tell people to shoot at you. maybe some bullet goes to your head
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jun 2010   #6
ctt1wbw

OS X Snow Leopard, Windows 7 Pro on the MacBook.
 
 

I use Online Armor free firewall, Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebyte's Antimalware, and ASquared. Pretty much all I need.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jun 2010   #7
seag33k

Win7
 
 

I use Avast, Comodo, Malwarebytes & SuperAntispyware (on demand). I tried Online Armor, but they didn't support 64bit yet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jun 2010   #8
royal tyrant

Window's 7 Home Premium 32 Bit
 
 

I use avira premium, Its cheap to buy and some of the money goes to a charity and its the best antivirus out there IMHO
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jun 2010   #9
Grimmjow

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

@OP: So, you are saying that you are constantly exposing yourself on viruses and God now what else? 90% of PC problems are made by the USER. Congrats mate, you just increased your chances to mess your PC for about 90%. For the rest 10%, MSE, Avast, Malwarebytes, asquared, superantispyware, Comodo, online armor, winpatrol, hosts file, (actually you can't use host file, reading your surfing habits)...I don't now of any software that's 100% bulletproof. Everything begins, and ends with the user mate.
cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jun 2010   #10
malexous

Arch Linux 64-bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 What to get ?




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:17.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App