Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Teamviewer scam - beware

24 Dec 2013   #141
UsernameIssues

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
I have seen this on a clients computer and others i have come across, where the scammer convinces the person to download teamviwer, and walks him thru set up to set it up as not a quick install but a full install.......
You are correct - the TeamViewer can be made to just run or a full install, but ang was also asking about this link:

Teamviewer scam - beware-tv-qs-1.png


Which downloads the QuickSupport version:

Teamviewer scam - beware-tv-qs-2.png

I don't see an option to turn that into a full install and thus a static password. It would be nice if that could be done though.




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Dec 2013   #142
robinb9

Windows 7 Pro 32/64 bit and Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit/64bit
 
 

You can decide to set it up remotely as a quick install or completly install it as a stand alone, it is in the options i believe on the second screen when it begins to install
If it is a quick install, the password keeps changing, if you puck the option which i believe is the second one, it installs as a full install. When it finishes, you go into options, and in security you give it a name and a password and that is the password you use all the time and you also check off the option to start the program when windows starts
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2013   #143
robinb9

Windows 7 Pro 32/64 bit and Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit/64bit
 
 

I now understand ang said it was set up as a quick remote but i just added it could have been installed as a full setup with a blink of an eye, either way, the password on the computer must be changed for safety reasons
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Dec 2013   #144
robinb9

Windows 7 Pro 32/64 bit and Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit/64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
You can decide to set it up remotely as a quick install or completly install it as a stand alone, it is in the options i believe on the second screen when it begins to install
If it is a quick install, the password keeps changing, if you puck the option which i believe is the second one, it installs as a full install. When it finishes, you go into options, and in security you give it a name and a password and that is the password you use all the time and you also check off the option to start the program when windows starts

If he clicked the green download button, that is where it gives you the choice on install which way to go
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2013   #145
UsernameIssues

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
I now understand ang said it was set up as a quick remote but i just added it could have been installed as a full setup with a blink of an eye, either way, the password on the computer must be changed for safety reasons
Sorry that I was not clearer earlier. We stopped talking about the full version of TeamViewer starting in post #134. Post #135 states that the QuickSupport app cannot have a permanent password. As far as I know, this is still true. But let me know if you ever hear of a way to change that. I would rather use the lightweight QuickSupport app for unattended remote control access.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2013   #146
robinb9

Windows 7 Pro 32/64 bit and Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit/64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
I now understand ang said it was set up as a quick remote but i just added it could have been installed as a full setup with a blink of an eye, either way, the password on the computer must be changed for safety reasons
Sorry that I was not clearer earlier. We stopped talking about the full version of TeamViewer starting in post #134. Post #135 states that the QuickSupport app cannot have a permanent password. As far as I know, this is still true. But let me know if you ever hear of a way to change that. I would rather use the lightweight QuickSupport app for unattended remote control access.
Not a problem, and if i do find a way to change it, you will be the first to know
Happy Holidays
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Teamviewer scam - beware




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Using Teamviewer
Now forgive my ignorance but I am going to hook up to my brothers stuff in the UK soon and while I have the basics of doing it - if in the middle of doing something I want to ask him a question - just how can one do that?? I remember a few years ago some fellow helping me using TV and he used I...
Software
TeamViewer
TeamViewer Installation & a few useful features This is one of my favorite programs for remote connection to other computers across the internet. Download the Free personal / non-commercial version. http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx
Software
TeamViewer
Since there is not TeamViewer forum that I can find I am asking my question here since it seems to be related to Windows 7. I can use TeamViewer to connect to a laptop from a Windows XP Pro machine and even a Ubuntu 10.04 machine, but after installing it on Windows 7, it will not connect to the...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:27.
Twitter Facebook Google+