Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Visual Themes Do Not Work

09 Aug 2010   #1
lh95

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 
Visual Themes Do Not Work

Hi All,
I patched my Windows 7 Pro with this:
UxStyle - no more patching.
And it worked after a while until I accidentally changed to basic and now whenever I change visual styles I revert to this:
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1281355570
whenever I use a custom deviant-art theme
and :
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1281355570
whenever I use Windows 7 default
Any ideas on how I get it working again?
Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Aug 2010   #2
Anthony

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Check to see if the service is running in task manager : UnsignedThemesSvc.exe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2010   #3
lh95

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

The service doesn't even show up in the services list
any idea how to activate it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Aug 2010   #4
Anthony

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Re-install it!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2010   #5
Luigi79

Windows 7 ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lh95 View Post
Hi All,
I patched my Windows 7 Pro with this:
UxStyle - no more patching.
And it worked after a while until I accidentally changed to basic and now whenever I change visual styles I revert to this:
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1281355570
whenever I use a custom deviant-art theme
and :
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1281355570
whenever I use Windows 7 default
Any ideas on how I get it working again?
Thanks
did you disabled UAC before instaling Rafael Ux Style?If you have back-up for 3 dll:themeservice.dll,themeui.dll,uxtheme.dll,restore those 3 dll in your C/WINDOWS/SYSTEM 32 taking overship;atfter replacing is done reboot;then turn off UAC(open start menu and write UAC in the search box and press enter to find it);reboot;then install UxStyle ,take back UAC settings to default(midlle option is default)and you are done.Good luck my friend!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2010   #6
Anthony

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Luigi79 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lh95 View Post
Hi All,
I patched my Windows 7 Pro with this:
UxStyle - no more patching.
And it worked after a while until I accidentally changed to basic and now whenever I change visual styles I revert to this:
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1281355570
whenever I use a custom deviant-art theme
and :
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1281355570
whenever I use Windows 7 default
Any ideas on how I get it working again?
Thanks
did you disabled UAC before instaling Rafael Ux Style?If you have back-up for 3 dll:themeservice.dll,themeui.dll,uxtheme.dll,restore those 3 dll in your C/WINDOWS/SYSTEM 32 taking overship;atfter replacing is done reboot;then turn off UAC(open start menu and write UAC in the search box and press enter to find it);reboot;then install UxStyle ,take back UAC settings to default(midlle option is default)and you are done.Good luck my friend!
Luigi79, UxStyle - no more patching doesn't change those files!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2010   #7
Luigi79

Windows 7 ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Luigi79 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lh95 View Post
Hi All,
I patched my Windows 7 Pro with this:
UxStyle - no more patching.
And it worked after a while until I accidentally changed to basic and now whenever I change visual styles I revert to this:
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1281355570
whenever I use a custom deviant-art theme
and :
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1281355570
whenever I use Windows 7 default
Any ideas on how I get it working again?
Thanks
did you disabled UAC before instaling Rafael Ux Style?If you have back-up for 3 dll:themeservice.dll,themeui.dll,uxtheme.dll,restore those 3 dll in your C/WINDOWS/SYSTEM 32 taking overship;atfter replacing is done reboot;then turn off UAC(open start menu and write UAC in the search box and press enter to find it);reboot;then install UxStyle ,take back UAC settings to default(midlle option is default)and you are done.Good luck my friend!
Luigi79, UxStyle - no more patching doesn't change those files!!
Then Universal theme patcher if Rafael UxStyle no more patching;UTP work great
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2010   #8
lh95

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Reinstalled without UAC i get this in the services:
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1281357822
and this whenever I try to apply a theme:
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1281357823
any other ideas?
Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2010   #9
Luigi79

Windows 7 ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lh95 View Post
Reinstalled without UAC i get this in the services:
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1281357822
and this whenever I try to apply a theme:
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1281357823
any other ideas?
Thanks
Ux Style NO MORE PATCHING;in this case use Universal Theme Patcher(before you proceed make a backp to the folowing dll:themeservice.dll,themeui.dll,uxtheme.dll).No other way to get custom theme in windows 7.Here is the link that explain everything for you:How to Install & Use 3rd Party (Custom) Themes in Windows 7? - Tweaking with Vishal
BE CAREFULL AND USE THE RIGHT PATCH VERSION FOR YOU SYSTEM(X64 OR X86)!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Visual Themes Do Not Work




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Custom visual style theme not working, only shows Basic themes?
Every time I switch from one of the original Aero themes into a custom theme with visual styles, it turns into a Windows Basic theme? I can back to Aero fine, but switching into the same custom theme will only show the basic theme.
Themes and Styles
Aero features work for Aero Themes but not for My Themes
I just did a clean install of Windows 7 Professional and used Double Driver to reinstall all my drivers. Everything works fine with one exception. When I switch from the default Aero Theme to one of My Themes, the Aero features no longer work (i.e. transparency, thumbnails on the taskbar, ect.) ...
Themes and Styles
How can I do advanced customization of themes/visual styles/GUI?
There are a few different things I'm trying to achieve. So I'm looking for directions on how to directly address the things below, or any guides/TUT's on the topic in general. This is sort of a long post, so if you can help me with one or all of these things I'd really appreciate it. The thing I...
Themes and Styles
Strange visual bugs and problems with custom themes for win7
Hey guys, i checked the forums if someone has a similar problem to mine, but didnt find anything. If i just overlooked it im sorry, my english isnt the best, so i maybe just searched wrong. But here is my problem. I am using custom themes for my win7 x64. I used universal theme patcher to be...
Customization
Having problems after disabling visual themes and desktop composition
I disabled them both to run Battlefield 3 smoothly, however after I closed the game this happens: http://i.imgur.com/xaCxU.png As you can see, there is no longer an image or picture whenever I hover my mouse cursor over any tab in the taskbar. I've tried re-enabling both visual themes and...
General Discussion
Best Visual Styles/Themes?
What are some of the greatest W7 themes/visual styles that completely change the way the OS looks? I tried a few, but they were too lame. All of them were dark and shiny, and the transparency effects didn't work for many, if not, ANY of them. Is there a good theme that offers a Matte Plastic...
Themes and Styles


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App