Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Custom Themes, Icons and Start Buttons.

22 Sep 2009   #1021
HautamekiPL

W7
 
 

Hi guys!!

I'm using NEXTLevel style ported from Vista to 7 and theme is awesome.
NEXTlevel port for Win7 by ~fediaFedia on deviantART
But fediafedia wasn't make orb working with superbar and new start button. Im trying to do working start button on theme but when I convert .png to .bmp type the start button is not working on explorer.exe.
Button didn't show mousever effect and clicked

Can someone make start button working?
Here is original NextLevel button from Vista theme:
http://img405.yfrog.com/img405/4599/872.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Sep 2009   #1022
pauliewog

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HautamekiPL View Post
Hi guys!!

I'm using NEXTLevel style ported from Vista to 7 and theme is awesome.
NEXTlevel port for Win7 by ~fediaFedia on deviantART
But fediafedia wasn't make orb working with superbar and new start button. Im trying to do working start button on theme but when I convert .png to .bmp type the start button is not working on explorer.exe.
Button didn't show mousever effect and clicked

Can someone make start button working?
Here is original NextLevel button from Vista theme:
http://img405.yfrog.com/img405/4599/872.png
I'm using the same theme but just a different start button, but for that start button you can't use the small superbar! So give me a sec and I'll convert it for you.


Attached Files
File Type: zip Start Button.zip (3.4 KB, 110 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2009   #1023
HautamekiPL

W7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pauliewog View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HautamekiPL View Post
Hi guys!!

I'm using NEXTLevel style ported from Vista to 7 and theme is awesome.
NEXTlevel port for Win7 by ~fediaFedia on deviantART
But fediafedia wasn't make orb working with superbar and new start button. Im trying to do working start button on theme but when I convert .png to .bmp type the start button is not working on explorer.exe.
Button didn't show mousever effect and clicked

Can someone make start button working?
Here is original NextLevel button from Vista theme:
http://img405.yfrog.com/img405/4599/872.png
I'm using the same theme but just a different start button, but for that start button you can't use the small superbar! So give me a sec and I'll convert it for you.
Im waiting I don't want using small taskbar, only superbar ;]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Sep 2009   #1024
pauliewog

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by matt0978 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheBull View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by matt0978 View Post
would be cool if someone could make an iron man theme and the arc reactor as the start orb. oh and word up, iron man 2 out next spring..woot!
mmmmm...I can give you an Arc Reactor orb (well don't really know how you want it):

Attachment 29036

Attachment 29037
that's good pierre, i think it needs saome black tho. look at the ones here:

iron man arc reactor - Google Images

Here you go Matt I made two different ones!



My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2009   #1025
matt_0978

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pauliewog View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by matt0978 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheBull View Post

mmmmm...I can give you an Arc Reactor orb (well don't really know how you want it):

Attachment 29036

Attachment 29037
that's good pierre, i think it needs saome black tho. look at the ones here:

iron man arc reactor - Google Images

Here you go Matt I made two different ones!



nice! perhaps the hover-over should light up blue then glow out when clicked? also, i found a wallpaper so how do i turn it all into a theme?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2009   #1026
bsorensen66

Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
 
 

I am only getting the black icons to appear on some of the folders. I have checked permissions and ownership and they all appear okay. Any suggestions?



[quote=Generator;19313]"Mr GRiM's Glossy Blue, Black Glass and Ultimate Icon Pack" Installer

With kind permission from Mr GRiM, I thought I'd make an install script to make the installation of the excellent 'Mr GRiM's Glossy Blue Icon Pack' a lot easier for everyone.

It's a couple of batch files that run without aid from any other third-party applications. It runs from within your current Windows 7 setup without the need to boot into another operating system or without the need to enter Safe Mode either.


Attached Images
Custom Themes, Icons and Start Buttons.-capture2.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2009   #1027
Mark

Windows 7 Ultimate Vista Ultimate x64
 
 

You need to delete the Thumbnail cache, I think you can do it by running a disk cleanup, I think there is also the option to do it on CCleaner, I personally had some luck by setting folder options to never display thumbnails, I applied the options and then set it back again and found that the folders were all refreshed.

Hope this helps
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2009   #1028
bsorensen66

Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
 
 

I ran CCleaner to clean up the the thumbnail cache, and then un-installed and re-installed the icon pack again. Everything looks good now.

Thank You Sir!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2009   #1029
valtonray

Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition
 
 

Hey 1st time poster but have been browsing the forums here for the last few days. noticed the excellent work in here and wanted to make a request. if possible i'd like the orb part removed from this icon and turned into a start orb. Counter-Strike: Source Orbs by ~firba1 on deviantART (i'd like the black orb with white soldier)also wondering if there are others here that were chosen to host the windows 7 launch home parties. wanted to toss around some ideas for the "media mania" party theme
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2009   #1030
TheBull

Windows 7 RTM 64bit, Windows 8 Pro 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by valtonray View Post
Hey 1st time poster but have been browsing the forums here for the last few days. noticed the excellent work in here and wanted to make a request. if possible i'd like the orb part removed from this icon and turned into a start orb. Counter-Strike: Source Orbs by ~firba1 on deviantART (i'd like the black orb with white soldier)also wondering if there are others here that were chosen to host the windows 7 launch home parties. wanted to toss around some ideas for the "media mania" party theme
How is this?

Custom Themes, Icons and Start Buttons.-css1.png

css1.zip


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Custom Themes, Icons and Start Buttons.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
custom start menu themes invisible
when i downloaded some themes that gave the start menu a bg image the start menu becomes invisible http://s17.postimg.org/bls08ffej/Untitled.jpg i dont mind it since i have most shortcuts i need in my desktop anyway, but its annoying and i really wanna see the epic start menu :p thought if i...
Customization
Laptop wont start after removing custom icons!
Hey, I downloaded a Alienware theme, but couldnt get rid of the icons. So I downloaded something from Deviantart, I read on the forum, cant remember link, that if I had service pack 1, I could use it and remove the icons. So I opened it up, and followed the steps (in cmd thing) where it asked me...
Customization
Custom Start Buttons are Invisible
just as the title says, my custom start buttons dont show up when i apply them, the button is still there in the sence that i can still click it and the start menu pops up, my button is just not there. when i reset it back to the default windows 7 start button it shows up fine but whenever i...
Customization
Start Menu custom icons not showing.
Hey guys, i'm having this rather strange problem, where i change the icons for my shortcuts in the start menu, restart Explorer.exe and the icons don't change.. Although in the taskbar when the program is run from the custom icon'd shortcut, the icon shows up. Is there something im missing...
Customization
Setting Custom Icons for Themes
How do you do that in Windows 7? (I use Home Premium) I know it was quite easy in Windows XP, but I can't figure out how to do it anymore. What I need help with: Setting custom icons for certain file types. IE: The default Folder icon to something different. Or, setting a different icon...
Themes and Styles
Custom Themes, Custom Icons
With the addition of slideshow within Windows 7 it is now possible to do away with single image backgrounds. This short thread will teach you how to create your own themes and use custom icons for that theme. First you need to decide what wallpapers you wish to use for you slideshow, these...
Themes and Styles


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App