Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Custom Start Menu Button Collection

05 Sep 2011   #791
ZaLiTH

Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post
Thanks, Dre. They look great! I'm using the inset one by the way.
Awesome.. Since my Win7 PC is a bit far away, I can't test any of them right now, but I think it might look a bit better with a bit of an outline to help define the shape more, especially since it's a white flag with a white glow.... Don't know though, try it and see.




Attached Files
File Type: rar White Flag Start Orb - Outline.rar (16.8 KB, 51 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Sep 2011   #792
JaidynM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Hmmm... The difference is barely noticeable. The only think I could pick up is that the hover image has a lot less glow.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Sep 2011   #793
ZaLiTH

Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
 
 

Heh.. Strange, pretty sure I did update the alpha channel, not that it would've made much difference, I only added a 1px border to the flag image. I ended up going out for way too many, uh, a couple beers last night.. So I'll play around with it when I get home tonight. Then I can actually test it myself and see what's happening..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Sep 2011   #794
JaidynM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ZaLiTH View Post
Heh.. Strange, pretty sure I did update the alpha channel, not that it would've made much difference, I only added a 1px border to the flag image. I ended up going out for way too many, uh, a couple beers last night.. So I'll play around with it when I get home tonight. Then I can actually test it myself and see what's happening..
Right. Anyway, thanks for the start orb.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2011   #795
jeniuskid

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Hey,

Can anyone make a start button out of this?

thanks in advance!


Attached Images
Custom Start Menu Button Collection-windows_7_logo_by_neoidea-d3hzmjf.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2011   #796
ZaLiTH

Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeniuskid View Post
Hey,

Can anyone make a start button out of this?

thanks in advance!
I'll have a crack at it.. I assume you want it without any sort of frame? Just the flag with the colours (and obviously detail lines if I can keep them clear)?

Edit: Right, tried to keep it as clean as I could.. Not sure if it's quite what you wanted though?

Anyway, try it and let me know. BMP with Alpha settings is in the ZIP file, JPG is just as a preview.


Attached Images
Custom Start Menu Button Collection-win-flag-orb.jpg 
Attached Files
File Type: rar Win Flag Orb.rar (26.7 KB, 125 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2011   #797
jeniuskid

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ZaLiTH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeniuskid View Post
Hey,

Can anyone make a start button out of this?

thanks in advance!
I'll have a crack at it.. I assume you want it without any sort of frame? Just the flag with the colours (and obviously detail lines if I can keep them clear)?

Edit: Right, tried to keep it as clean as I could.. Not sure if it's quite what you wanted though?

Anyway, try it and let me know. BMP with Alpha settings is in the ZIP file, JPG is just as a preview.
wow this looks great and it's very clean! is there a way to make it a little bigger though? if not, this is already an awesome button! thanks!


Attached Images
Custom Start Menu Button Collection-start-button.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2011   #798
ZaLiTH

Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeniuskid View Post
wow this looks great and it's very clean! is there a way to make it a little bigger though? if not, this is already an awesome button! thanks!
That's no problem.. How much bigger should it be? I generally try make them fit the larger taskbar, but there still quite a few pixels to play with there.

Edit: Here's a slightly larger version, I don't think it can go much larger without getting edges cut off (max size per button is 54x54px). It's just hit 1:30am here, and as much as I wish I didn't, I do still have work in the morning. So I'm off to bed.


Attached Images
Custom Start Menu Button Collection-win-flag-orb.jpg 
Attached Files
File Type: rar Win Flag Orb.rar (36.2 KB, 105 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2011   #799
jeniuskid

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ZaLiTH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeniuskid View Post
wow this looks great and it's very clean! is there a way to make it a little bigger though? if not, this is already an awesome button! thanks!
That's no problem.. How much bigger should it be? I generally try make them fit the larger taskbar, but there still quite a few pixels to play with there.

Edit: Here's a slightly larger version, I don't think it can go much larger without getting edges cut off (max size per button is 54x54px). It's just hit 1:30am here, and as much as I wish I didn't, I do still have work in the morning. So I'm off to bed.
this is perfect!! thanks so much for taking the time even though you have work the next day. thanks again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2011   #800
ZaLiTH

Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeniuskid View Post
this is perfect!! thanks so much for taking the time even though you have work the next day. thanks again
No worries.. I had other projects keeping me up as well. Part of the joys of working two jobs I suppose..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Custom Start Menu Button Collection




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Classic Start Menu: Start Button appears doubled
Switched to the XP-ish Classic Start Menu, plus Adjust for Best Performance, in the usual prescribed way, no third-party interface-modifiers. All looks & works fine except that the Start button itself looks like TWO buttons -- one atop the other and just slightly out of alignment (screenshot here)....
Customization
Custom Start button that is not an orb.
I have been trying to place a custom start button into my Windows 7 instalation because I dislike the orb. The problem is that unlike Windows Vista (which I have done this mod to) took the new image without a hassle and changed the start button area to suit the image. Windows 7 on the other hand is...
Themes and Styles
custom start button
I am trying to use this as my start button https://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/customization/23368d1250402133-custom-themes-icons-start-buttons-lhr-glow-button-v.2.bmp I have followed the tutorial in these forums and it works... but as the image I am trying to apply is longer than the...
Customization
Start Menu - Replace Shut Down Button, with Lock Button
I want to replace the Shut Down button, with a Lock button instead :geek: How do you do that? :confused: I wondered this for a while actually. I mean the button in the pic below ;)
Customization
Custom Start button issues
Ok so I was able to customize the start button on my Windows 7 Pro x64 box, but I am having two issues: 1. I can not see the customized start button in Remote Desktop it is just blank. (It apears breifly when I do a mouse over). 2. On mouse over only the black box flashes then disapears....
Customization
Custom start button help!
I tried editing my start button with Anolis Resourcer and now my whole taskbar is gone! I made a backup file of explorer.exe but I don't know how to get back to the way it was! Someone please help!
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App