Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Themes For Windows 7

23 Apr 2010   #221
Leadbelly

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

This is a Windows 7 Basic 32-bit 64-bit theme I made from scratch. I was just making it for myself, but decided to release it. I was pretty surprised when it got over 2000 views and 350 downloads in less then 24 hours. I had lots of fun making it, its alot easier then I thought to make a theme.




Attached Thumbnails
Themes For Windows 7-desktop.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Apr 2010   #222
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leadbelly View Post
This is a Windows 7 Basic 32-bit 64-bit theme I made from scratch. I was just making it for myself, but decided to release it. I was pretty surprised when it got over 2000 views and 350 downloads in less then 24 hours. I had lots of fun making it, its alot easier then I thought to make a theme.

Attachment 68936
Where's this theme, If you don't mind sharing I think alot of people would want to check it out. Looks pretty cool to me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2010   #223
Leadbelly

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leadbelly View Post
This is a Windows 7 Basic 32-bit 64-bit theme I made from scratch. I was just making it for myself, but decided to release it. I was pretty surprised when it got over 2000 views and 350 downloads in less then 24 hours. I had lots of fun making it, its alot easier then I thought to make a theme.

Attachment 68936
Where's this theme, If you don't mind sharing I think alot of people would want to check it out. Looks pretty cool to me.
Oh sorry about that I was just kind of proud of the theme being my first one I have done. I was not trying to promote it, just wanted to show it to you all being my first. I made two versions one from a stock 32-bit aero.msstyles and the other from a stock 64-bit aero.msstyles. Instructions for both are in there respective folders, you can download it from the link below. No bugs have been reported so far, but if any are found let me know.

Black Shine Windows 7 Basic 64-bit 32-bit Theme
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Apr 2010   #224
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leadbelly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leadbelly View Post
This is a Windows 7 Basic 32-bit 64-bit theme I made from scratch. I was just making it for myself, but decided to release it. I was pretty surprised when it got over 2000 views and 350 downloads in less then 24 hours. I had lots of fun making it, its alot easier then I thought to make a theme.

Attachment 68936
Where's this theme, If you don't mind sharing I think alot of people would want to check it out. Looks pretty cool to me.
Oh sorry about that I was just kind of proud of the theme being my first one I have done. I was not trying to promote it, just wanted to show it to you all being my first. I made two versions one from a stock 32-bit aero.msstyles and the other from a stock 64-bit aero.msstyles. Instructions for both are in there respective folders, you can download it from the link below. No bugs have been reported so far, but if any are found let me know.

Black Shine Windows 7 Basic 64-bit 32-bit Theme
That's alright, you can be proud of your work.

I'm sure you'll get some feedback, Thanks for sharing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2010   #225
altaier

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by altaier
Hey guys,,,,,,,, I,ve downloaded some themes, and they were great by the way ,,,,
but I have on issue >>> there is no change in the icons for each theme, and the upper bar, How can I get it ???
and 10x in advance ,,,



I am almost sure that you are talking about these icons in the link. So have them, and dont forget to take a Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup before installing them.

Here you go for the icons : https://www.sevenforums.com/customiza...continued.html
Thank u ,,,,,,, What about the upper tab?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2010   #226
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by altaier View Post
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by altaier
Hey guys,,,,,,,, I,ve downloaded some themes, and they were great by the way ,,,,
but I have on issue >>> there is no change in the icons for each theme, and the upper bar, How can I get it ???
and 10x in advance ,,,



I am almost sure that you are talking about these icons in the link. So have them, and dont forget to take a Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup before installing them.

Here you go for the icons : https://www.sevenforums.com/customiza...continued.html
Thank u ,,,,,,, What about the upper tab?
Upper tab do you mean the backup thing ? If somehow you mess your system files ( there's a fair chance ) you can easily restore it so that you will not loose your settings .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2010   #227
batman

WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 32 BIT
 
 

how do u change these themes?????????
please help
im intereseted in changing themes in windows 7 but i cant do it
i find a lot of .rar or .zip file whereas windows can install just .theme
also tell me whether it is safe to do that type of installation or not
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2010   #228
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by batman View Post
how do u change these themes?????????
please help
im intereseted in changing themes in windows 7 but i cant do it
i find a lot of .rar or .zip file whereas windows can install just .theme
also tell me whether it is safe to do that type of installation or not
First, Download UxTheme Patcher for Windows 7 and patch uxtheme.dll using it . Then place the theme file in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes. Finally right click on desktop, go to personalisation, and apply the theme.

If the source wherefrom you download those are trustworthy, there is no risk . Deviantart.com is the best place to download themes I think .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2010   #229
sergiogarcia9

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by batman View Post
how do u change these themes?????????
please help
im intereseted in changing themes in windows 7 but i cant do it
i find a lot of .rar or .zip file whereas windows can install just .theme
also tell me whether it is safe to do that type of installation or not
First, Download UxTheme Patcher for Windows 7 and patch uxtheme.dll using it . Then place the theme file in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes. Finally right click on desktop, go to personalisation, and apply the theme.

If the source wherefrom you download those are trustworthy, there is no risk . Deviantart.com is the best place to download themes I think .
Or just follow my tutorial
Theme - How to Apply Custom Themes

Also these are some good sites to get themes from

www.deviantart.com
www.virtualcustoms.net

My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2010   #230
TheBull

Windows 7 RTM 64bit, Windows 8 Pro 64bit
 
 

Or you can visit this one for the biggest variety of custom designed themes on the net:

CreativX

As well as this awesome up and coming new forum from Pauliewog:

Graphix Lounge
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Themes For Windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 98 Plus! Themes
Keeps Aero on if Enabled. Gives a modern look.
Themes and Styles
Windows Dock Themes.......
Where can i find some nice Dock themes. I want one of those nice long Docks with customizable icons. Anywhere on here. Thanks.
Customization
Windows 7 Themes?
Why I run Microsoft Flight Simulator (FSX) it changes the theme to Windows basic. Why? It does it with Vista too. Like, I doubt the game was made for XP.
Gaming
Windows themes got all bad
Hi all. I have a serious problem with windows themes. I did a repair install and since then when I choose for example and aero theme it will apply high contrast theme and so on. No theme is correct. How can I fix it? Thanks.
Themes and Styles
can't change themes windows 7
Hi all I have just upgraded from Vista to windows 7 and are haveing trouble with changing the themes. The themes were working fine when on Vista. I had a standard theme with a different wallpaper added (photo). Now after I updated to 7 when I change to another theme only the colors change...
Themes and Styles
Windows 7 Themes.
Those Screenshot of Windows 7 you have been seeing are not really Windows 7. There will be a real "new" O/S feeling to the new offering from Microsoft. To support this I offer the following glimmer of understanding :- "One of the main focus points of Microsoft in the creation of Windows...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App