Startup Programs - Change

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 76
    Windows 7 64Bit
       #100

    NO GO Reply


    Brink said:
    Hello 2 Bunny,

    You might give this a try to see if it may work.

    First remove the StartupCop Pro from all of the startup program lists.

    Create a elevated task shortcut using the tutorial below.Next, use create a separate task using the tutorial below to run the elevated task shortcut created from above at startup and logon.Hope this helps,
    Shawn
    Sorry. Still in the same boat after trying those unfortunately. Any other ideas?

    - 2 Bunny
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 70,218
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #101

    2 Bunny,

    Other than leaving UAC turned off so that it will run, you might check to see if there may be a newer patch or version of Startup Cop Pro available than the one you currently have. It doesn't seem to be completely compatible with Windows 7.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 76
    Windows 7 64Bit
       #102

    COMPATIBILITY TROUBLE Reply


    Brink said:
    2 Bunny,

    Other than leaving UAC turned off so that it will run, you might check to see if there may be a newer patch or version of Startup Cop Pro available than the one you currently have. It doesn't seem to be completely compatible with Windows 7.
    Do you think I'm entitled to a free upgrade because of incompatibility, or not because the system requirements at the time wouldn't have had Windows 7?

    - 2 Bunny
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 70,218
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #103

    2 Bunny,

    That's really up to the program's company. It wouldn't hurt to see if there may be an update feature in the program, or an option to update for free at the program's website. If not, then the company may require you to purchase new versions instead.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 76
    Windows 7 64Bit
       #104

    ALTERNATE STARTUP MANAGER Reply


    Brink said:
    2 Bunny,

    That's really up to the program's company. It wouldn't hurt to see if there may be an update feature in the program, or an option to update for free at the program's website. If not, then the company may require you to purchase new versions instead.
    Sounds like a plan. I might've found an alternative software that can do the same thing for free, so I'll give that a try.

    Thanks for your help though. I felt like those guides you linked to got us close to the solution, but just not quite there. I guess we'll be able to try something new as a result instead.

    - 2 Bunny
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 70,218
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #105

    That sounds promising. I hope it will work for you. :)
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 76
    Windows 7 64Bit
       #106

    CHAMELEON Reply


    Brink said:
    That sounds promising. I hope it will work for you. :)
    I've been trying the trial for Chameleon Startup manager, and it seems to be working out all right while being properly compatible with Windows 7.

    Do you use any special programs for controlling the startup in your computer?

    - 2 Bunny
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 70,218
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #107

    2 Bunny,

    No, I just add or remove them from the startup areas in the registry.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 3
    Windows 7 x64
       #108

    I was under the impression that using MSConfig to control startup entries was wrong:

    Dealing with Startup Processes - MajorGeeks Support Forums

    Therefore I use Autoruns.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 8,679
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #109

    Superhans said:
    I was under the impression that using MSConfig to control startup entries was wrong:

    Dealing with Startup Processes - MajorGeeks Support Forums

    Therefore I use Autoruns.
    Nobody forces you to use that method. It's just tutorial,and it helps other people... :)
    And yes, Autoruns is also great.
      My Computer


 
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43.
Find Us