Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 605
    W7 Ultimate
       #90

    Started this tut and at line two of the tut I got the box on the right, clearly not what I want. What is wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7-capture.jpg  
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 17,322
    Win 10 Pro x64
       #91

    Are you trying to create the bootable flash drive?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 50,642
    Thread Starter
       #92

    Appears you have the Win7 Download tool already installed, so it's asking if you want to Uninstall or Repair it.

    Go to Start>All Programs and open the Program, write the bootable flash stick or burn the DVD from installer ISO.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 605
    W7 Ultimate
       #93

    Did as suggested and now have a stick as well as a DVD. Used the DVD and the Clean Install went flawlessly. I am about 90% satisfied. The other 10% is in start-up. I suspect that there are background files that are loaded at start-up that, in most cases, are not needed. However, the names and acronyms I cannot recognize what they are for or do.

    Is there anyplace that I can get a list of the ones to keep ENABLED or the ones to DISABLE.along with what they are for?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 50,642
    Thread Starter
       #94

    As suggested you can disable all of them except your AV and Sidebar or Sticky Notes if you use them.

    It really isn't worth going through them to pick and choose because nothing really needs to start up with Win7 that can't wait til you click on it. However if you're curious just google the listings to see what they do and read explanations.

    If you decide you'd like a Messenger or other program to be running at Startup you can enable it when you decide this.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 14
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 9600 Multiprocessor Free
       #95

    Will this tutorial work if my Win 7 license is an Upgrade


    My Dell XPS 410 desktop machine was bought a long time ago with Vista Home and over time I have upgraded it to Vista Ultimate, then to Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. (I still have all of the old disks).

    I would like to do a new clean install (keeping my user files) of the Win 7 Pro 64 just to get rid of the accumulated clutter.

    I was wondering if this process of using an ISO with SP 1 to USB would work with the license key I have that came with my Upgrade version of Windows 7.

    It would save a lot of time not having to install from the DVD, then download SP 1, etc.

    Thanks
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 70,234
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
       #96

    Hello Isaac, and welcome to Seven Forums.

    Since it's an upgrade copy, you could use the tutorial below instead to do a clean install with it. :)

    Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

    Hope this helps,
    Shawn
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 14
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 9600 Multiprocessor Free
       #97

    Brink said:
    Hello Isaac, and welcome to Seven Forums.

    Since it's an upgrade copy, you could use the tutorial below instead to do a clean install with it. :)

    Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

    Hope this helps,
    Shawn
    I knew I could do it that way, but if my Windows Product Key from the upgrade license would work with the downloaded ISO with SP 1 already installed on a USB stick it seems like it would be simpler and faster

    Has anybody tried it and verified it doesn't work?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 70,234
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
       #98

    It should, but if doesn't activate, then you could try using OPTION THREE in the same tutorial to activate.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 14
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 9600 Multiprocessor Free
       #99

    Brink said:
    It should, but if doesn't activate, then you could try using OPTION THREE in the same tutorial to activate.
    Thanks. I will have to think for awhile which approach will be best. Sometimes the shortcut takes longer than expected.
      My Computer


 
Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55.
Find Us