Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Make bootable iso from student d/l

22 Oct 2009   #170
Linden5150

Windows 7 home pre
 
 

Can I save the left over programs to a disc so if I re-upgrade I can install vista again and the re-upgrade? the folder is like 4gb I would like to remove it.

I wonder if I need to re-upgrade in the future will my key still work?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Oct 2009   #171
chrisdordon

vista 32 basic
 
 
Help!

I get error 1314: required privilege not held by client


how do i get around that?


I have Vista Home basic 32-bit trying to upgrade to 7 home premium
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #172
WinnerTakeAll

Win 7 64bit
 
 

Thanks to you guys I am now on Windows 7. This thing is awesome!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #173
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chrisdordon View Post
I get error 1314: required privilege not held by client


how do i get around that?


I have Vista Home basic 32-bit trying to upgrade to 7 home premium
You cant. its version specific. Home premium>>>home premium.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Oct 2009   #174
chrisdordon

vista 32 basic
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chrisdordon View Post
I get error 1314: required privilege not held by client


how do i get around that?


I have Vista Home basic 32-bit trying to upgrade to 7 home premium
You cant. its version specific. Home premium>>>home premium.

Ken

so i can't make the iso image? i have to wait til i get the boot disc?

this is my error

http://yfrog.com/7h31363624j
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #175
nuggamerph

XP Pro
 
 

This is my error. I have the expandedsetup in my C:\ root. I put the oscdimg in sys32.

I am running XP.

C:\>oscdimg.exe -u2 -b"C:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com" -h "C:\expandedSetup\boot\expandedSetup" C:\7.iso

OSCDIMG 2.54 CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility
Copyright (C) Microsoft, 1993-2007. All rights reserved.
Licensed only for producing Microsoft authorized content.


ERROR: Could not delete existing file "bC:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com"
Error 123: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Please help :O
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #176
Ravage

Windows Vista 32Bit
 
 

For everyone who may have a question about going from Vista 32bits to Win7 64bits, here is the reply I got from spiffman about the installing options. Hope this helps!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spiffman

Unfortunately the one time that I upgraded from Vista 32 I chose to format the drive so I'm not 100% sure on whether it's possible to keep your programs and games when going from vista 32 -> win 7 64. For the most part I suspect you're better off doing a clean install anyway just because ms upgrades have had problems in the past.

Just to make sure that I'm clear on the terminology:

I "upgraded" in the sense that I have an upgrade key for windows 7. When you boot the win 7 dvd it presents you with two options:

1. Upgrade
2. Custom Install

I believe that the upgrade path is the one you would want to use if you want to keep your programs/etc. working. When upgrading my vista machine I know that I chose custom install, I'm not sure if the upgrade option was available since I wasn't looking for it (might have been greyed out).

If you choose the custom install route and do not choose to format the drive you install to, it will move a bunch of your old files to a windows.old directory. I'm not 100% sure on what it throws in that folder since I just deleted it the one time I didn't format. Obviously if you choose to format the drive the installer will not create the windows.old folder.

Hope that helps some, sorry couldn't answer all your questions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #177
JeffK

Windows XP
 
 

I'm getting the same error, have been unable to find a solution

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nuggamerph View Post
This is my error. I have the expandedsetup in my C:\ root. I put the oscdimg in sys32.

I am running XP.

C:\>oscdimg.exe -u2 -b"C:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com" -h "C:\expandedSetup\boot\expandedSetup" C:\7.iso

OSCDIMG 2.54 CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility
Copyright (C) Microsoft, 1993-2007. All rights reserved.
Licensed only for producing Microsoft authorized content.


ERROR: Could not delete existing file "bC:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com"
Error 123: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Please help :O
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #178
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chrisdordon View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chrisdordon View Post
I get error 1314: required privilege not held by client


how do i get around that?


I have Vista Home basic 32-bit trying to upgrade to 7 home premium
You cant. its version specific. Home premium>>>home premium.

Ken

so i can't make the iso image? i have to wait til i get the boot disc?

this is my error

http://yfrog.com/7h31363624j
Can't see that Chris - post the screenie up on here.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #179
nuggamerph

XP Pro
 
 

Same here JeffK, I saw someone said add quotes but that didnt help..

Tonights hectic, i got massive ammounts of TV to watch, and i HAVE to get windows 7 working lol

-

i tried this both from desktop, and C:\ root. - Still gives me that error. Has any other XP users had this problem?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Make bootable iso from student d/l




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Make bootable ISO from bootable USB Drive
I have a USB drive with Ophcrack and a rainbow table in it. I can boot from it. I want to make an ISO from it with the table still installed. I'm trying to use it on VMware. I've tried using PowerISO by opening the files and saving them as an ISO. It wouldn't boot.
Software
Make HD WinXP bootable?
Here's the situation: I have Win7 installed on my ultrabook and want XP on it as well. But, since my ultrabook does not have a DVD drive, I can only install XP from the hard drive. So, how would I go about making my HDD XP bootable (on another partition) so I can run XP setup in DOS mode?...
Installation & Setup
How can I make a bootable DVD?
Maybe it's a stupid question,but I can't figure it out how...? At this moment,I have Win 7 buil 7000 32 bit installed,and I want install x64 version,so I have downloaded Win7 build 7048 x64,but it's not a bootable ISO file. I managed to make an ISO,but have never did and don't know how to make a...
Installation & Setup
I don't know how to make a bootable DVD
Hello all. I want to install windows 7. I downloaded it from microsoft. The problem is, I can't do a bootable dvd.. I tried Nero, PowerIso and UltraIso. Any help ?? thanks in advance..
Installation & Setup
Make drive non-bootable.
OK, this is a weird request so here it goes. I had a RAID1-01 set of boot-able 500g drives plus another 500g drive for backup. One of the drives failed so I bought 2 each 1tb drives. Replaced the failed drive and let the RAID1 rebuild. I then decided to replace the good 500g drive with the...
Hardware & Devices
problems with bootable iso & student download
Hullo, I followed the tutorial about creating an ISO image file from the installation files of the downloadable version of Win7 from The Ultimate Steal - https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/30470-make-bootable-iso-student-d-l.html?filter. I used XP SP3 32bit However the disc won't boot -...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:53.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App