Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Make bootable iso from student d/l

22 Oct 2009   #180
manbearpig16052

windows 7
 
 
Product Key a no go

So, I made my d/l into a ISO, booted from dvd, blah blah blah. Now my product key is "invalid"! The program for 64 bit win 7 pro doesnt work on 32 bit xp, what gives? I guess I am unlucky, seems like everyone else got it to work. What should I do?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Oct 2009   #181
nuggamerph

XP Pro
 
 

If i delete the quotes I get this.

C:\>oscdimg.exe -u2 -b C:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com -h C:\expandedSetup\boot\expandedSetup C:\7.iso

OSCDIMG 2.54 CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility
Copyright (C) Microsoft, 1993-2007. All rights reserved.
Licensed only for producing Microsoft authorized content.


Scanning source tree
ERROR: Failure enumerating files in directory "C:\ŻU2\"
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified.


HELP!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #182
prtuc2

windows 7 Pro 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by manbearpig16052 View Post
So, I made my d/l into a ISO, booted from dvd, blah blah blah. Now my product key is "invalid"! The program for 64 bit win 7 pro doesnt work on 32 bit xp, what gives? I guess I am unlucky, seems like everyone else got it to work. What should I do?
I heard that if you type in the key during installation the key became invalid, you need to enter the key inside Windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #183
chrisdordon

vista 32 basic
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chrisdordon View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

You cant. its version specific. Home premium>>>home premium.

Ken

so i can't make the iso image? i have to wait til i get the boot disc?

this is my error

http://yfrog.com/7h31363624j
Can't see that Chris - post the screenie up on here.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html
i think i added it right


Attached Thumbnails
Make bootable iso from student d/l-untitled.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Oct 2009   #184
Nuke Knight

Vista
 
 

Ok so after doing all the Cmd Promt stuff. The ISO file is suppose to show up on my Desktop correct? Because it is not doing so.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #185
prtuc2

windows 7 Pro 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by prtuc2 View Post
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/7197/problem1p.jpg

I can't figure out what I did wrong, any help would be appreciated.
I find the answer to my own question.

http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/d...displaylang=en
Download and extract the file, open the Deployment Tools Command Prompt and copy all those command lines:

oscdimg -bC:\Users\your_username\Desktop\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com -h -u2 -m -lWIN_EN_DVD C:\Users\your_username\Desktop\expandedSetup\ C:\Users\your_username\Desktop\7.iso

Good luck everyone
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #186
michael31986

vista
 
 

this thread is huge and im not sure i read on here how to burn the 3 files that i have on my desktop to a dvd so that i can boot from the dvd and install a clean version of windows 7 and format and get rid of vista.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #187
manbearpig16052

windows 7
 
 
THANK YOU!!!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by prtuc2 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by manbearpig16052 View Post
So, I made my d/l into a ISO, booted from dvd, blah blah blah. Now my product key is "invalid"! The program for 64 bit win 7 pro doesnt work on 32 bit xp, what gives? I guess I am unlucky, seems like everyone else got it to work. What should I do?
I heard that if you type in the key during installation the key became invalid, you need to enter the key inside Windows 7.
I was about to start breaking things. You are a lifesaver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #188
nuggamerph

XP Pro
 
 

JEFFK!

oscdimg -bC:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com -h -u2 -m -lWIN_EN_DVD C:\expandedSetup\ C:\7.iso

works now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #189
JeffK

Windows XP
 
 

Hi, this created the iso. Not sure if it works yet, but at least I'm further than before

oscdimg -bC:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com -h -u2 -m -lWIN_EN_DVD C:\expandedSetup\ C:\7.iso


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nuggamerph View Post
If i delete the quotes I get this.

C:\>oscdimg.exe -u2 -b C:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com -h C:\expandedSetup\boot\expandedSetup C:\7.iso

OSCDIMG 2.54 CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility
Copyright (C) Microsoft, 1993-2007. All rights reserved.
Licensed only for producing Microsoft authorized content.


Scanning source tree
ERROR: Failure enumerating files in directory "C:\ŻU2\"
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified.


HELP!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Make bootable iso from student d/l




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Make bootable ISO from bootable USB Drive
I have a USB drive with Ophcrack and a rainbow table in it. I can boot from it. I want to make an ISO from it with the table still installed. I'm trying to use it on VMware. I've tried using PowerISO by opening the files and saving them as an ISO. It wouldn't boot.
Software
Make HD WinXP bootable?
Here's the situation: I have Win7 installed on my ultrabook and want XP on it as well. But, since my ultrabook does not have a DVD drive, I can only install XP from the hard drive. So, how would I go about making my HDD XP bootable (on another partition) so I can run XP setup in DOS mode?...
Installation & Setup
How can I make a bootable DVD?
Maybe it's a stupid question,but I can't figure it out how...? At this moment,I have Win 7 buil 7000 32 bit installed,and I want install x64 version,so I have downloaded Win7 build 7048 x64,but it's not a bootable ISO file. I managed to make an ISO,but have never did and don't know how to make a...
Installation & Setup
I don't know how to make a bootable DVD
Hello all. I want to install windows 7. I downloaded it from microsoft. The problem is, I can't do a bootable dvd.. I tried Nero, PowerIso and UltraIso. Any help ?? thanks in advance..
Installation & Setup
Make drive non-bootable.
OK, this is a weird request so here it goes. I had a RAID1-01 set of boot-able 500g drives plus another 500g drive for backup. One of the drives failed so I bought 2 each 1tb drives. Replaced the failed drive and let the RAID1 rebuild. I then decided to replace the good 500g drive with the...
Hardware & Devices
problems with bootable iso & student download
Hullo, I followed the tutorial about creating an ISO image file from the installation files of the downloadable version of Win7 from The Ultimate Steal - https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/30470-make-bootable-iso-student-d-l.html?filter. I used XP SP3 32bit However the disc won't boot -...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App