Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Make bootable iso from student d/l

23 Oct 2009   #290
zythyl

Windows 7
 
 

Ok this, time I tried it on a different HDD (checked the directories, they're all there) and I got THIS message:




Attached Images
Make bootable iso from student d/l-error3.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Oct 2009   #291
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zythyl View Post
Ok this, time I tried it on a different HDD (checked the directories, they're all there) and I got THIS message:
Try C:\Users\<rest of line> instead
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #292
zythyl

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zythyl View Post
Ok this, time I tried it on a different HDD (checked the directories, they're all there) and I got THIS message:
Try C:\Users\<rest of line> instead
*I feel like such an idiot*

What do you mean <rest of line>? When I open the cmd, C:\Users\zythyl> is what it comes up as...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #293
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zythyl View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zythyl View Post
Ok this, time I tried it on a different HDD (checked the directories, they're all there) and I got THIS message:
Try C:\Users\<rest of line> instead
*I feel like such an idiot*

What do you mean <rest of line>? When I open the cmd, C:\Users\zythyl> is what it comes up as...
Do the command that you were doing except this time don't captilize USERS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Oct 2009   #294
zythyl

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zythyl View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Try C:\Users\<rest of line> instead
*I feel like such an idiot*

What do you mean <rest of line>? When I open the cmd, C:\Users\zythyl> is what it comes up as...
Do the command that you were doing except this time don't captilize USERS
For the sake of making things simpler, I moved it back to the desktop and am trying it from there.

Still no luck... output from the cmd capitlises the directory path; that's not me.

But grrrr... I wonder what could be going wrong.

EDIT:
Forgot to un-capitilise "User" in the first line; made no difference, same error.


Attached Images
Make bootable iso from student d/l-error4.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #295
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Oscdimg.exe –u2 –b"C:\Users\zythyl\Desktop\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com" –h "C:\Users\zythyl\Desktop\expandedSetup" C:\7.iso

^^Is this the command your are running?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #296
WinnerTakeAll

Win 7 64bit
 
 

Maybe the files didn't extract properly. Can you navigate to expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com in explorer?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #297
zythyl

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Oscdimg.exe u2 b"C:\Users\zythyl\Desktop\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com" h "C:\Users\zythyl\Desktop\expandedSetup" C:\7.iso

^^Is this the command your are running?
Yep, except I deleted all the quotation marks and put a space in between the "b" and "C"... other than that, it's identical.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #298
zythyl

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WinnerTakeAll View Post
Maybe the files didn't extract properly. Can you navigate to expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com in explorer?
Yeah they extracted fine and I can navigate to them from C:
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #299
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zythyl View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Oscdimg.exe u2 b"C:\Users\zythyl\Desktop\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com" h "C:\Users\zythyl\Desktop\expandedSetup" C:\7.iso

^^Is this the command your are running?
Yep, except I deleted all the quotation marks and put a space in between the "b" and "C"... other than that, it's identical.
Can you run the command as I have provided-unaltered to see if it works?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Make bootable iso from student d/l




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Make bootable ISO from bootable USB Drive
I have a USB drive with Ophcrack and a rainbow table in it. I can boot from it. I want to make an ISO from it with the table still installed. I'm trying to use it on VMware. I've tried using PowerISO by opening the files and saving them as an ISO. It wouldn't boot.
Software
Make HD WinXP bootable?
Here's the situation: I have Win7 installed on my ultrabook and want XP on it as well. But, since my ultrabook does not have a DVD drive, I can only install XP from the hard drive. So, how would I go about making my HDD XP bootable (on another partition) so I can run XP setup in DOS mode?...
Installation & Setup
How can I make a bootable DVD?
Maybe it's a stupid question,but I can't figure it out how...? At this moment,I have Win 7 buil 7000 32 bit installed,and I want install x64 version,so I have downloaded Win7 build 7048 x64,but it's not a bootable ISO file. I managed to make an ISO,but have never did and don't know how to make a...
Installation & Setup
I don't know how to make a bootable DVD
Hello all. I want to install windows 7. I downloaded it from microsoft. The problem is, I can't do a bootable dvd.. I tried Nero, PowerIso and UltraIso. Any help ?? thanks in advance..
Installation & Setup
Make drive non-bootable.
OK, this is a weird request so here it goes. I had a RAID1-01 set of boot-able 500g drives plus another 500g drive for backup. One of the drives failed so I bought 2 each 1tb drives. Replaced the failed drive and let the RAID1 rebuild. I then decided to replace the good 500g drive with the...
Hardware & Devices
problems with bootable iso & student download
Hullo, I followed the tutorial about creating an ISO image file from the installation files of the downloadable version of Win7 from The Ultimate Steal - https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/30470-make-bootable-iso-student-d-l.html?filter. I used XP SP3 32bit However the disc won't boot -...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:46.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App