Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Make bootable iso from student d/l

26 Oct 2009   #540
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Normally you get that error if you are running the 64 d/l setup on a 32 bit o/s.

Usually it is fine . Is there a file on your Desktop called expandedSetup?

If so, how big is it?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Oct 2009   #541
caz32

Windows 7
 
 

Finally on windows 7 ,

Is it possible to use the student copy on 2 machines? cause my brother wants to use it aswell, but he will have to pay full price which as you know is 70 odd quid in the UK.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2009   #542
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by caz32 View Post
Finally on windows 7 ,

Is it possible to use the student copy on 2 machines? cause my brother wants to use it aswell, but he will have to pay full price which as you know is 70 odd quid in the UK.
You can use it to install 7 but he will need an equivalent product key as well
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2009   #543
carito

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit
 
 
cant even get to expandedsetup

Hi,

I have tried to do as explained on this post but I cant even get the expandedsetup from the digital river student download I got. I have the setup1.box and setup2.box but the other bit is called win7-p-retail-en-us-x86. I wanted to do a clean install from windows vista home premium.

Since cant get the expandedsetup folder, I cant do any of the other steps. I have downloaded the win 7 download from digital river about 5 times and still having some problem. I am so frustrated by all this!! Can any help/have any ideas???

thank you so much!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Oct 2009   #544
Hollow Man

Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by carito View Post
Hi,

I have tried to do as explained on this post but I cant even get the expandedsetup from the digital river student download I got. I have the setup1.box and setup2.box but the other bit is called win7-p-retail-en-us-x86. I wanted to do a clean install from windows vista home premium.

Since cant get the expandedsetup folder, I cant do any of the other steps. I have downloaded the win 7 download from digital river about 5 times and still having some problem. I am so frustrated by all this!! Can any help/have any ideas???

thank you so much!
Yours is the 32-bit version so you should have no problem extracting the files. Simply double-click on win7-p-retail-en-us-x86.

-HM
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2009   #545
caz32

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
You can use it to install 7 but he will need an equivalent product key as well
Ok, Thanks,

Don't suppose anyone knows of a program that allows me to unlock the extra 100gb or so on my HDD? its 250gb and only showing as 130, i used a program in XP called Partition Magic but it isn't working with Win7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2009   #546
thegladiatoor

xp pro
 
 

mr siw2
there is nothing on my desktop

please if u have another link for the latest win7 64bit
pls past it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2009   #547
rizon1

windows 7 pro x64
 
 

Can I just say a big thank you to all you guys who spent time creating the solution and then advising us on how to tweak the process so that it worked.

I can confirm that by following the instructions posted here, I have succesfully installed the student version of 7 Pro x64 upgraded from XP x32.

Again - very many thanks.

//rizon
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2009   #548
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by caz32 View Post
Don't suppose anyone knows of a program that allows me to unlock the extra 100gb or so on my HDD? its 250gb and only showing as 130, i used a program in XP called Partition Magic but it isn't working with Win7.

Try GParted (Gnome Partition Editor) its linux based open sourse software and its FREE! If you have used Partition Magic, it wont be tough to figure out. Also, you download it as an iso and then burn yourself a bootable linux cd from that!

Here's the link: GParted -- Welcome

Hope that helps you out!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2009   #549
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Hi rizon,

Thanks for posting back. Have Fun.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Make bootable iso from student d/l




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Make bootable ISO from bootable USB Drive
I have a USB drive with Ophcrack and a rainbow table in it. I can boot from it. I want to make an ISO from it with the table still installed. I'm trying to use it on VMware. I've tried using PowerISO by opening the files and saving them as an ISO. It wouldn't boot.
Software
Make HD WinXP bootable?
Here's the situation: I have Win7 installed on my ultrabook and want XP on it as well. But, since my ultrabook does not have a DVD drive, I can only install XP from the hard drive. So, how would I go about making my HDD XP bootable (on another partition) so I can run XP setup in DOS mode?...
Installation & Setup
How can I make a bootable DVD?
Maybe it's a stupid question,but I can't figure it out how...? At this moment,I have Win 7 buil 7000 32 bit installed,and I want install x64 version,so I have downloaded Win7 build 7048 x64,but it's not a bootable ISO file. I managed to make an ISO,but have never did and don't know how to make a...
Installation & Setup
I don't know how to make a bootable DVD
Hello all. I want to install windows 7. I downloaded it from microsoft. The problem is, I can't do a bootable dvd.. I tried Nero, PowerIso and UltraIso. Any help ?? thanks in advance..
Installation & Setup
Make drive non-bootable.
OK, this is a weird request so here it goes. I had a RAID1-01 set of boot-able 500g drives plus another 500g drive for backup. One of the drives failed so I bought 2 each 1tb drives. Replaced the failed drive and let the RAID1 rebuild. I then decided to replace the good 500g drive with the...
Hardware & Devices
problems with bootable iso & student download
Hullo, I followed the tutorial about creating an ISO image file from the installation files of the downloadable version of Win7 from The Ultimate Steal - https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/30470-make-bootable-iso-student-d-l.html?filter. I used XP SP3 32bit However the disc won't boot -...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:46.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App