Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Desktop Background Wallpaper - Change in Windows 7 Starter

09 Jan 2011   #290
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

You're most welcome Raechellerpl, and welcome to Seven Forums.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Jan 2011   #291
janonymous19

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Hi,

I seem to have missed the warning that you posted for uninstalling Oceanis before upgrading to the full Windows 7 from a starter version. I went ahead and upgraded with Oceanis still installed and now my wallpaper won't change in the Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit that I'm running. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2011   #292
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Hello Janonymouse, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You can try uninstalling Oceanis, then run a sfc /scannow command to see if that may help. If not, then you may need to reinstall Windows 7 Home Premium.

Hope this helps,
Shawn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2011   #293
poochie

windows 7 starter
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by livonce View Post
I recently purchased a mini laptop with windows 7 started edition ..I discovered the next day that I am unable to change the desktop wallpaper . After reading the forums , I downloaded oceanis to change the background. and viola it worked.Thanks
Hi, I downloaded oceanis but when I click on the shortcut icon it says I have to restart my computer before I am able to use the program. I restarted my computer, but I am not able to use the program. What do I need to do now? Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jan 2011   #294
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Hello Poochie, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Are you logged in as an administrator?

After the restart, what happens when you click on the Oceanis shortcut?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2011   #295
poochie

windows 7 starter
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Poochie, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Are you logged in as an administrator?

After the restart, what happens when you click on the Oceanis shortcut?
Hi Brink, Not sure what you are asking. The Asus netbook is new, and I am only user. After I download oceanis and I see the oceanis icon, I click on it and it says " you have to restart computer before you are able to use this program". I right clicked on the desktop icon and clicked on run as administrator and restarted...still no luck. Any advice....?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2011   #296
twistee

win 7 starter
 
 
issuses

i installed this program restarted the comp when i went to apply a background the screen went black and now my track pad is clicking all over the place and it thinks the right click is stuck down
i tried to uninstall the program that didnt fix it
pls help!!!!!!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2011   #297
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Hello Twistee, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Check to see if the touchpad's right button is stuck down. You may need to tap it a bit harder than usual to pop it loose if so. Check to see if it there may be dirt or something sticky under it.

For the black screen issue, check the items in the yellow tip box to see if they may be able to help.

Hope this helps,
Shawn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2011   #298
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by poochie View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Poochie, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Are you logged in as an administrator?

After the restart, what happens when you click on the Oceanis shortcut?
Hi Brink, Not sure what you are asking. The Asus netbook is new, and I am only user. After I download oceanis and I see the oceanis icon, I click on it and it says " you have to restart computer before you are able to use this program". I right clicked on the desktop icon and clicked on run as administrator and restarted...still no luck. Any advice....?
Just to be sure since you said "...restart computer before you are able to use this program", did Oceanis start installing as described in the tutorial before the restart?

If no, try installing again.

If yes, then enable and log in to the built-in Administrator account, uninstall Oceanis, then install it again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2011   #299
poochie

windows 7 starter
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by poochie View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Poochie, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Are you logged in as an administrator?

After the restart, what happens when you click on the Oceanis shortcut?
Hi Brink, Not sure what you are asking. The Asus netbook is new, and I am only user. After I download oceanis and I see the oceanis icon, I click on it and it says " you have to restart computer before you are able to use this program". I right clicked on the desktop icon and clicked on run as administrator and restarted...still no luck. Any advice....?
Just to be sure since you said "...restart computer before you are able to use this program", did Oceanis start installing as described in the tutorial before the restart?

If no, try installing again.

If yes, then enable and log in to the built-in Administrator account, uninstall Oceanis, then install it again.
Hi Brink,

If I unistall Oceanis...where would the built in adminstrator account be?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Desktop Background Wallpaper - Change in Windows 7 Starter




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How to change desktop wallpaper in windows 7 starter?
Hello everyone, My friend has bought a MSI laptop with pre-installed windows7 starter. He wants to change different wallpapers in his desktop but this option is not available in starter version in win7.There is other way to change desktop wallpaper? If possible, please let me know. Your suggestion...
Customization
Windows 7 Starter Change desktop background
Hi Folks, I picked up an Acer netbook for my sister, it's got Windows 7 Starter on it overall runs great there is just one problem that is there is no easy way to change the desktop background. I find that ridiculous to try and force people into buying Home Premium to change desktop...
Customization
Asus Netbook: Windows Starter: Change Wallpaper
Hello, i was wondering if there are any programs out there or anyways to change the wallpaper on a windows starter. I don't see why they couldn't just add the option in seeing its just to change the wallpaper. Anyways, Thanks in advance. ~Renzadic
Customization
How do i change the background of my Windows 7 HP STARTER?
hi friends, i just got an HP MINI laptop,but cant change the background. pls ,how do i go about this?:confused: when i right click on my desktop,i dont find the "personalise" option. what then?
Customization
Can't change background after update from Starter
So here's the story. I recently purchased a netbook that came with Windows Starter. After some research online I found some information about how to personalize my desktop and installed some application that allowed that. Everything worked fine until I upgraded to Windows Home Premium. I didn't...
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App