Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Calendar - Import into Windows 7

08 Aug 2015   #50
NoMatterWho

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

So, it was my faulty explaination, as I said

Nevertheless, if one needs really full functional Calendar, he needs totally different install sequence.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Aug 2015   #51
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 10 Pro (all x64)
 
 

WinCal is already installed on Windows 10...look for it in your apps. That was why I posted what I did.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2015   #52
NoMatterWho

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

I haven't Win10, moreover, I haven't any plan for that OS; hence, I won't discuss about things I didn't explore enough. All I can say, Windows Calendar doesn't work properly on Win7 & Win8.1. And problem appears because of absolutely wrong tutorial from this topic. In fact, single right instruction is copy Vista "Windows Calendar" folder into "Program Files" folder. Everything else is different if You want working reminders. You have to use Calendar for very specific purposes, I think, because I simply can't understand for why they have calendar without reminders about all those things they set in it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2015   #53
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 10 Pro (all x64)
 
 

I see your point and understand.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Nov 2015   #54
dixours

Windows 10 - 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoMatterWho View Post
Quiet old topic, huh
So, does someone interesting for turn on notifications on constant basis, not only when calendar has active window?
Hi !

It's been 1 week I'm trying to turn on notifications with no success... Please, help ! I'm very, very, very interesting in.

BTW, it's on Win10 64 bit and I already have all files (wincal.exe FR 64 bit....)

Thank you so much !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2015   #55
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 10 Pro (all x64)
 
 

You need Windows 10 Forums I think.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2015   #56
NoMatterWho

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dixours View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoMatterWho View Post
Quiet old topic, huh
So, does someone interesting for turn on notifications on constant basis, not only when calendar has active window?
Hi !

It's been 1 week I'm trying to turn on notifications with no success... Please, help ! I'm very, very, very interesting in.

BTW, it's on Win10 64 bit and I already have all files (wincal.exe FR 64 bit....)

Thank you so much !
As Ex_Brit said, Your first try should be at Win10 forum, because I tested my method at Win7 & Win8.1 only, but not at Win10, and I don't think I have any interest with Win10 at all.
But If You'll can't to find any solution, please feel free to go back here again and we'll try work it out. Who knows, maybe Win10 has the same way for turn notifications on.
But please keep in mind, You should to have some skill in computers, not as great as mr.Gates, but some skill should be needed definitely, and I'm not a greatest teacher in the world if something will go wrong way
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2016   #57
dixours

Windows 10 - 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoMatterWho View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dixours View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoMatterWho View Post
Quiet old topic, huh
So, does someone interesting for turn on notifications on constant basis, not only when calendar has active window?
Hi !

It's been 1 week I'm trying to turn on notifications with no success... Please, help ! I'm very, very, very interesting in.

BTW, it's on Win10 64 bit and I already have all files (wincal.exe FR 64 bit....)

Thank you so much !
As Ex_Brit said, Your first try should be at Win10 forum, because I tested my method at Win7 & Win8.1 only, but not at Win10, and I don't think I have any interest with Win10 at all.
But If You'll can't to find any solution, please feel free to go back here again and we'll try work it out. Who knows, maybe Win10 has the same way for turn notifications on.
But please keep in mind, You should to have some skill in computers, not as great as mr.Gates, but some skill should be needed definitely, and I'm not a greatest teacher in the world if something will go wrong way
Hi !

(¯`v´¯)
.`•.¸.•´ ★
¸.•´.•´¨) ¸.•¨)
(¸.•´(¸.•´ (¸.•¨¯`* ♥
Happy New Year !!

I'm back to Win 8.1 just because of the calendar. May you tell me the way to install it on this OS ?
Thank you so much !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2016   #58
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 10 Pro (all x64)
 
 

No idea, best search and ask over there: Windows 8 Forums

Happy New Year ;-)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2016   #59
NoMatterWho

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dixours View Post

Hi !

(¯`v´¯)
.`•.¸.•´ ★
¸.•´.•´¨) ¸.•¨)
(¸.•´(¸.•´ (¸.•¨¯`* ♥
Happy New Year !!

I'm back to Win 8.1 just because of the calendar. May you tell me the way to install it on this OS ?
Thank you so much !
Same congrats for You!

Definitely I'll try to help You, but I need a couple of days to write instructions, so wait please
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Calendar - Import into Windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows Live Mail - Import Windows 7 and Vista Contacts
How to Import Vista and Windows 7 Contacts and Contact Groups into Windows Live Mail This will show you how to import your contacts and contact groups from Vista into Windows Live Mail that is in Windows 7. If you already have your contacts saved (step 2), then Windows Live Mail will...
Tutorials
How to sync Nokia calendar with Windows Live Calendar on Win7?
Hi all! Can someone please help me, how to sync Nokia calendar with Windows Live Calendar on Win7?
General Discussion
Windows Calendar Import: source of WinCal64
I've read the excellent tutorial on getting Windows Vista Calendar into Windows 7. Only problem is that despite having eight original copies of Windows Vista, none of them at 64-bit, as is my Windows 7 install. As a Vista owner, is there a legal way to get a free copy of Vista 64-bit? Failing...
General Discussion
can't get windows live calendar into outlook calendar
I do not like windows live mail. I find that is not very good. So I set outlook up with my hotmail account. But this has 2 seperate contact lists and 2 seperate calendars. I put my contacts into the new list, but is there any way of importing this stuff into outlook so i don't have to copy it...
Browsers & Mail
How to set Windows Calendar as default calendar ?
Hello, There was a app named Windows Calendar in Windows Vista, but Microsoft removed it in Windows 7. So i got the app. from somewhere and I want Windows Calendar to be the default calendar app. in Windows 7. How to set it ? I want to sync my Windows Calendar & my Nokia device using Nokia...
General Discussion
How to install Vista's Windows Calendar into Windows 7
I was annoyed to find after upgrading to 7 that the calendar from Vista no longer existed. I used this a lot and relied on it to aid my geriatric memory. I searched about but could find no info as to how this could be done in Windows 7 so that reminders still worked. Therefore I have worked it...
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:57.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App