SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot

    SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot

    How to Load SATA Drivers in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot PC
    Published by
    Designer Media Ltd


    How to Load SATA Drivers in Windows XP Setup on your Dual Boot PC with Vista or Windows 7

    When you install Win XP, setup can not find your Hard Drive.
    SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot-1.png

    SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot-2.png
    1) Copy your SATA drivers to a floppy disk.
    NOTE: Keep this disk in a safe place, as it will be need to use in the Recovery Console.
    NOTE: You cannot use a USB flash drive for this.

    2) Press F6 at the first screen.
    SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot-3.png
    3) When you get to the load drive screen, Press S
    SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot-4.png
    4) Next screen, Press Enter
    SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot-5.png
    5) Choose your Sata Controller. Press Enter
    NOTE: For this example, I am using Promise Fastrak 376.
    SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot-6.png
    SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot-7.png
    6) When drivers have load, press Enter
    SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot-8.png
    SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot-9.png
    7) Continue with setup here:

    A connected USB floppy disk drive does not work when you press F6 to install mass storage drivers during the Windows XP installation process



  1. Posts : 4,772
    Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
       #1

    Good Tutorial Ray ...
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 11,408
    ME/XP/Vista/Win7
    Thread Starter
       #2

    Capt.Jack Sparrow said:
    Good Tutorial Ray ...
    Thank you, Captain.

    Ray.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 11
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
       #3

    selecting the right driver?


    I had bought a new laptop almost 3 months ago. It is hp pavilion and its specifications are Win 7 home premium 64 bit, 4 gb ram, amd dual core processor, 2 hardisk (320 gb x2).so i decided to install wix xp sp3 to the second hardisk. I had problems about the installation like acpi.sys error and i come to your tutorial. So which driver and where can i find the right driver for my need? Thanks for help
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 11,408
    ME/XP/Vista/Win7
    Thread Starter
       #4

    fatih said:
    I had bought a new laptop almost 3 months ago. It is hp pavilion and its specifications are Win 7 home premium 64 bit, 4 gb ram, amd dual core processor, 2 hardisk (320 gb x2).so i decided to install wix xp sp3 to the second hardisk. I had problems about the installation like acpi.sys error and i come to your tutorial. So which driver and where can i find the right driver for my need? Thanks for help
    Have look at Support & Drivers here:

    HP United States - Computers, Laptops, Servers, Printers and more
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 11
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
       #5

    I think you misunderstand me. I am trying to make dual boot with win xp and win7 is preinstalled.
    New to site,very nice!


    I am running into a problem trying to add WindowsXP. I get through the partioning OK. But when I try to install WinXP after the intial setup by windows I get a Blue-Screen with the following message:
    Stop: 0X0000007E (0X0000005, 0XF78D1EA0, 0XF78D1B9C)
    acpi.sys-Address F73B9D66 base at F73AE000, Date Stamp 480252b1
    I never get to the actual windows setup.

    I have problem like above. So do I have to choose sata driver for xp or win 7? There is no data drivers in hp websites.Sorry but I am a new bee,May be its very stupid questions but thanks a lot.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 11,408
    ME/XP/Vista/Win7
    Thread Starter
       #6

    fatih said:
    I think you misunderstand me. I am trying to make dual boot with win xp and win7 is preinstalled.
    New to site,very nice!


    I am running into a problem trying to add WindowsXP. I get through the partioning OK. But when I try to install WinXP after the intial setup by windows I get a Blue-Screen with the following message:
    Stop: 0X0000007E (0X0000005, 0XF78D1EA0, 0XF78D1B9C)
    acpi.sys-Address F73B9D66 base at F73AE000, Date Stamp 480252b1
    I never get to the actual windows setup.

    I have problem like above. So do I have to choose sata driver for xp or win 7? There is no data drivers in hp websites.Sorry but I am a new bee,May be its very stupid questions but thanks a lot.
    Yes, you will need to download the SATA drivers for Win XP.

    Which Sata controller do you have?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 11
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
       #7

    theog said:
    fatih said:
    I think you misunderstand me. I am trying to make dual boot with win xp and win7 is preinstalled.
    New to site,very nice!


    I am running into a problem trying to add WindowsXP. I get through the partioning OK. But when I try to install WinXP after the intial setup by windows I get a Blue-Screen with the following message:
    Stop: 0X0000007E (0X0000005, 0XF78D1EA0, 0XF78D1B9C)
    acpi.sys-Address F73B9D66 base at F73AE000, Date Stamp 480252b1
    I never get to the actual windows setup.

    I have problem like above. So do I have to choose sata driver for xp or win 7? There is no data drivers in hp websites.Sorry but I am a new bee,May be its very stupid questions but thanks a lot.
    Yes, you will need to download the SATA drivers for Win XP.

    Which Sata controller do you have?
    I have no idea which sata controller I have? how can I know that and there is no sata driver even nothing driver for xp for my laptop (hp Pavilion dv 7 3013 eo ) only vista and win7.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 11,408
    ME/XP/Vista/Win7
    Thread Starter
       #8

    fatih said:
    I had bought a new laptop almost 3 months ago. It is hp pavilion and its specifications are Win 7 home premium 64 bit, 4 gb ram, amd dual core processor, 2 hardisk (320 gb x2).so i decided to install wix xp sp3 to the second hardisk. I had problems about the installation like acpi.sys error and i come to your tutorial. So which driver and where can i find the right driver for my need? Thanks for help
    Have search here:

    HP Pavilion dv7-3000 Entertainment Notebook PC series- Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 11
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
       #9

    theog said:
    fatih said:
    I had bought a new laptop almost 3 months ago. It is hp pavilion and its specifications are Win 7 home premium 64 bit, 4 gb ram, amd dual core processor, 2 hardisk (320 gb x2).so i decided to install wix xp sp3 to the second hardisk. I had problems about the installation like acpi.sys error and i come to your tutorial. So which driver and where can i find the right driver for my need? Thanks for help
    Have search here:

    HP Pavilion dv7-3000 Entertainment Notebook PC series- Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center
    I searched it before there is only hp quick launch buttons driver for xp for my laptop. What i have to do then if there is no driver ?
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57.
Find Us