Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD

17 Apr 2010   #10
AJstone13

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Theog,
Thanks for your advice, it pointed me in the right direction. I was definately selecting the wrong driver. My install got further than it ever had previously (day 3).
Tried again, didn't work, but it turns out I overlooked a few things (duh), forgot to 'slip' service pack 2.
Can't connect to the net on my XP though for some reason, thinking I need 32bit drivers or something.

Mate, thanks very much for you assistance, literally wouldn't have done it without ya!

Cheers!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Apr 2010   #11
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AJstone13 View Post
Theog,
Thanks for your advice, it pointed me in the right direction. I was definately selecting the wrong driver. My install got further than it ever had previously (day 3).
Tried again, didn't work, but it turns out I overlooked a few things (duh), forgot to 'slip' service pack 2.
Can't connect to the net on my XP though for some reason, thinking I need 32bit drivers or something.

Mate, thanks very much for you assistance, literally wouldn't have done it without ya!

Cheers!
You are welcome, & good luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Apr 2010   #12
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nijaz89 View Post
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-
find P4S800D-X and there you will find RAID to download
I have unziped and integrate it in xp cd with nlite, and when boot up xp says no hard drive found :S
Is there other way to integrate this drivers?
The drivers are here.


Attached Thumbnails
SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD-capture-2.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2010   #13
giusseppe

Windows 7
 
 
Need some help

Hi guys,

I've been reading the forums the whole day on how to make my NEO B3230 a dual boot and I'm stuck with trying to Slipstream a SATA driver in my setup CD. Basically, the problem is that I couldn't find which driver I should download. I've been searching for the right driver and its been a headache. Anyway, here are the specs:

Pre-installed OS: Windows 7 Starter
Desired secondary OS: Windows XP Pro SP3
Processor: Intel Atom N450
Core Logic (I don't know if this will help): INtel NM10 Express Chipset
HDD: 320GB SATA (partitioned into 5 parts)

Hope anybody here could help me. I need it badly.

Cheers!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 May 2010   #14
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by giusseppe View Post
Hi guys,

I've been reading the forums the whole day on how to make my NEO B3230 a dual boot and I'm stuck with trying to Slipstream a SATA driver in my setup CD. Basically, the problem is that I couldn't find which driver I should download. I've been searching for the right driver and its been a headache. Anyway, here are the specs:

Pre-installed OS: Windows 7 Starter
Desired secondary OS: Windows XP Pro SP3
Processor: Intel Atom N450
Core Logic (I don't know if this will help): INtel NM10 Express Chipset
HDD: 320GB SATA (partitioned into 5 parts)

Hope anybody here could help me. I need it badly.

Cheers!
Try here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...ntel%c2%ae+RST)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2010   #15
giusseppe

Windows 7
 
 

Thanks so muc, Theog!

I downloaded this

Confirm Download

I've got a problem with the setup though. I've tried hitting F6 during my setup but that doesn't work. Do you know any alternative key (keys) to hit so that this will work? I've tried it countless times and it doesn't work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2010   #16
giusseppe

Windows 7
 
 

I also got another problem when slipstreaming my downloaded driver into my setup cd. I don't know which .inf file to use since there are two (I used iaStor.inf). Also I don't know which driver integration option to pick. There are also two options here (Regular PNP driver and Textmode driver). If I choose Textmode driver I get to have a lot of Textmode integration options to choose from which I don't really know which one to choose. So, I just selected regular PNP driver instead.

Let me know your thoughts. Refer to screenshots:



Thanks!


Attached Images
SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD-inf-files.jpg SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD-driver-integration-options.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 May 2010   #17
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by giusseppe View Post
I also got another problem when slipstreaming my downloaded driver into my setup cd. I don't know which .inf file to use since there are two (I used iaStor.inf). Also I don't know which driver integration option to pick. There are also two options here (Regular PNP driver and Textmode driver). If I choose Textmode driver I get to have a lot of Textmode integration options to choose from which I don't really know which one to choose. So, I just selected regular PNP driver instead.

Let me know your thoughts. Refer to screenshots:



Thanks!
Use both files.

I alway use Textmode.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2010   #18
XPS

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

I don't get the 10 step. what file is needed to copy for dell xps m1330? eg. Promise Fastrak 376. same problem with giusseppe.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2010   #19
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by XPS View Post
I don't get the 10 step. what file is needed to copy for dell xps m1330? eg. Promise Fastrak 376. same problem with giusseppe.
You need to Know what SATA CONTROLLER you have?

Try here.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...ntel%c2%ae+RST
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Create slipstream install usb w/drivers/updates?
I purchased a new SSD and doing a fresh install. I am curious if it would be easier or ideal to create an installation disk/usb with all the added windows updates and drivers for my system(if possible)? Originally I had Windows Vista Ultimate and then upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate. So, I have the...
General Discussion
Slipstream SATA drivers into XP setupCD,which driver to be chosen,pls?
Hell All, I am trying to slipstream SATA drivers into Windows XP setup CD for dual boot with window 7 following this tutorial in method two (window 7 is installed first) https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/72185-sata-drivers-slipstream-into-windows-xp-cd.html . at step 12 to...
Installation & Setup
SATA driver for Windows XP Slipstream
I would like to try installing a dual boot of Windows XP Professional x86 with Windows 7 Professional x64 on a single hard drive. I gave up last time but decided to try one last time. My question is about the SATA driver for my Seagate Barracuda HD. Now, the XP Professional x86 I am going...
Installation & Setup
Possible to slipstream all W7 drivers to XP CD?
I'm new to slipstreaming and my question isn't really how to slipstream (there are great tutorials here I've been reading) but rather if it's possible to copy the drivers from my W7 DVD to essentially make XP installable on newer hardware and capable of detecting with newer hardware and devices. ...
Drivers
Slipstream Drivers and N-light.
Ok, I'm currently in the process of setting up xp as a dual boot option on my windows 7 rig. Since im running in RAID I needed to slipsteam the drivers for xp via nlight. (which I did) I slipstreamed them via txt mode and am now currently burning the disc. Do I have to do anything to get...
Drivers
How to slipstream graphics drivers
I have the Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset on my Asus P5Q-EM DO motherboard. Video drivers installed with Windows Beta 7057 worked perfectly but when I clean-installed Windows 7100 RC, the drivers were updated to a newer version and now my desktop and background video gets totally corrupted after...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App