Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD

07 Oct 2010   #50
drewboy70

Windows XP Home, Vista Pro, 7 Home Premium
 
 

So, I've been looking for a solution to determine WHICH drivers I need to make a slipstream of XP Pro 64-bit (w/SP2) with SATA drivers (for purpose of a dual boot of XP & 7), but it seems that despite looking for hours and hours I still don't know how to tell what AHCI or RAID Controller I have thus I get to Intel's site and don't know which one I need....

I've gotten to the F6 screen and the SATA HDD is not seen. I included drivers from Intel in my first slipstream attempt, but at setup I was informed that the file was not for a 64-bit install, and I was forced to abandon the install.

I have an HP Pavilion m9400t, Core2 Quad core processor (Q6600 x 4) 2.4 Ghz.

If you could point me in the right direction to figure out what I have so I can get what I need, it would be greatly appreciated.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
07 Oct 2010   #51
drewboy70

Windows XP Home, Vista Pro, 7 Home Premium
 
 

I am trying to do a slipstream with nLite that includes the SATA drivers needed to install XP Pro 64-bit on my machine (HP Pavilion m9400t, Core2 Quad [Q6600 x 4]). I have seen many others here and elsewhere struggle at the same point of the process: determining which drivers to include in the slipstream.

I am hoping to get some help that may go beyond what I need and help the next person who ends up reading this thread. I've been to Intel's site to get the SATA drivers, but I don't know what I am looking for. I have even burned a bootable CD that had the wrong drivers on it--x86 not x64--install was aborted. If you could tell me how to determine what I have so I can find what I need, then I'd be on my way! I think others who read the solution later might better benefit too.

If I could get help on this I would be very thankful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Oct 2010   #52
drewboy70

Windows XP Home, Vista Pro, 7 Home Premium
 
 

Although this didn't end my search, I know I'm looking in the right places; the following link may be of help to others who are trying to locate the right drivers for their chipset:

SATA drivers for XP (solution on 0x0000007B BSOD) - HP Support Forum

While I got the BSOD with 0x0000007E message--a bit different, the guide here shows how to find the info needed to track down your drivers based on manufacturer and chip. Hopefully this helps someone else on a similar quest.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2010   #53
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drewboy70 View Post
Although this didn't end my search, I know I'm looking in the right places; the following link may be of help to others who are trying to locate the right drivers for their chipset:

SATA drivers for XP (solution on 0x0000007B BSOD) - HP Support Forum

While I got the BSOD with 0x0000007E message--a bit different, the guide here shows how to find the info needed to track down your drivers based on manufacturer and chip. Hopefully this helps someone else on a similar quest.
You are welcome.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Oct 2010   #54
shadowninty

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 RC | Windows XP x86 SP3 | Ubuntu 10.10 x64
 
 

Hi Theog

I am trying to install XP 32bit on my Lenovo Essential G560 15" Intel Core i5 [4GB] Laptop


Processor | Intel® Core™ i5-430M (2.26GHz base; 2.53GHz Max Turbo, 3MB Cache)
Operating System | Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 - English
Keyboard/Pointing Device | Industry Standard Touchpad
Total Memory | 4GB (2 X 2GB) PC3-8500 DDR3 1067MHz SDRAM SODIMM Memory
Hard Drive | 320GB, 5400RPM Serial ATA 2.5" Hard Drive
Display | 15.6” WXGA (1366 X 768) LED, W/ 0.3 MP Camera
Graphics | Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD
Optical Device | DVD Recordable 8x Max Dual Layer

[sorry for so much unneeded info]

I am totally confused regarding which drivers I neddd to add having searched and read for hours.
I usually dont ask for help but I'm afraid of messing up my new laptop (and its the only device accessable to me with a CD/DVD burner).


Regards,
Shadow


P.S. I have researched this thoroughly and my HDD is properly partitioned


EDIT: Found driver list - but I'm confused as to which one(s) I need

Thanks once again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Oct 2010   #55
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shadowninty View Post
Hi Theog

I am trying to install XP 32bit on my Lenovo Essential G560 15" Intel Core i5 [4GB] Laptop


Processor | Intel® Core™ i5-430M (2.26GHz base; 2.53GHz Max Turbo, 3MB Cache)
Operating System | Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 - English
Keyboard/Pointing Device | Industry Standard Touchpad
Total Memory | 4GB (2 X 2GB) PC3-8500 DDR3 1067MHz SDRAM SODIMM Memory
Hard Drive | 320GB, 5400RPM Serial ATA 2.5" Hard Drive
Display | 15.6” WXGA (1366 X 768) LED, W/ 0.3 MP Camera
Graphics | Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD
Optical Device | DVD Recordable 8x Max Dual Layer

[sorry for so much unneeded info]

I am totally confused regarding which drivers I neddd to add having searched and read for hours.
I usually dont ask for help but I'm afraid of messing up my new laptop (and its the only device accessable to me with a CD/DVD burner).


Regards,
Shadow


P.S. I have researched this thoroughly and my HDD is properly partitioned


EDIT: Found driver list - but I'm confused as to which one(s) I need

Thanks once again
Hi

First check for all the Win XP drivers for your hardware.
If your Win XP CD, does not support your Sata Controller, you will need to load drivers to uses at F6.
Load Sata Controller drivers with a floppy disk is the best way.

SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot
OR
SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD
Your Lenovo G560 has a Intel Sata Controller.
You can download your F6 Sata Controller drivers from here:

Intel Sata Controller Drivers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Oct 2010   #56
shadowninty

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 RC | Windows XP x86 SP3 | Ubuntu 10.10 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Hi

First check for all the Win XP drivers for your hardware.
If your Win XP CD, does not support your Sata Controller, you will need to load drivers to uses at F6.
Load Sata Controller drivers with a floppy disk is the best way.

SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot
OR
SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD
Your Lenovo G560 has a Intel Sata Controller.
You can download your F6 Sata Controller drivers from here:

Intel Sata Controller Drivers
Thanks
I have found the nessacary inf , but am unsure as to what to add
Will bad things happen if I add them all? :/


My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Oct 2010   #57
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shadowninty View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Hi

First check for all the Win XP drivers for your hardware.
If your Win XP CD, does not support your Sata Controller, you will need to load drivers to uses at F6.
Load Sata Controller drivers with a floppy disk is the best way.

SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot
OR
SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD
Your Lenovo G560 has a Intel Sata Controller.
You can download your F6 Sata Controller drivers from here:

Intel Sata Controller Drivers
Thanks
I have found the nessacary inf , but am unsure as to what to add
Will bad things happen if I add them all? :/


No bad things will happen if you add them all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Oct 2010   #58
shadowninty

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 RC | Windows XP x86 SP3 | Ubuntu 10.10 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
No bad things will happen if you add them all.
OK so adding unnecessary drivers is fine?

Thanks mate, I'm sorry for all the hassle, its just this is WAY more expensive stuff than modding Symbian phones


EDIT: Made an iso, added SATA drivers, as well as card reader, ethernet and WLAN drivers, removed games and languages and pre-defined some settings

Will burn to CD when I get the chance

Thanks again mate, this is by far the best tutorial for this around


EDIT2: Works fantastic!
Thank you so much!!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #59
alaskalady

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

I am still really confused! I did manage to find the name & location of the sata drivers, but after spending 3 hours online with Dell, I still cannot get the name and location of the .inf file for sata drives. Any ideas on how to find this information out and am I going about this right or wrong? Appreciate any help, but please talk in simple terms as some terminology goes over my head. *grin*
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Create slipstream install usb w/drivers/updates?
I purchased a new SSD and doing a fresh install. I am curious if it would be easier or ideal to create an installation disk/usb with all the added windows updates and drivers for my system(if possible)? Originally I had Windows Vista Ultimate and then upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate. So, I have the...
General Discussion
Slipstream SATA drivers into XP setupCD,which driver to be chosen,pls?
Hell All, I am trying to slipstream SATA drivers into Windows XP setup CD for dual boot with window 7 following this tutorial in method two (window 7 is installed first) https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/72185-sata-drivers-slipstream-into-windows-xp-cd.html . at step 12 to...
Installation & Setup
SATA driver for Windows XP Slipstream
I would like to try installing a dual boot of Windows XP Professional x86 with Windows 7 Professional x64 on a single hard drive. I gave up last time but decided to try one last time. My question is about the SATA driver for my Seagate Barracuda HD. Now, the XP Professional x86 I am going...
Installation & Setup
Possible to slipstream all W7 drivers to XP CD?
I'm new to slipstreaming and my question isn't really how to slipstream (there are great tutorials here I've been reading) but rather if it's possible to copy the drivers from my W7 DVD to essentially make XP installable on newer hardware and capable of detecting with newer hardware and devices. ...
Drivers
Slipstream Drivers and N-light.
Ok, I'm currently in the process of setting up xp as a dual boot option on my windows 7 rig. Since im running in RAID I needed to slipsteam the drivers for xp via nlight. (which I did) I slipstreamed them via txt mode and am now currently burning the disc. Do I have to do anything to get...
Drivers
How to slipstream graphics drivers
I have the Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset on my Asus P5Q-EM DO motherboard. Video drivers installed with Windows Beta 7057 worked perfectly but when I clean-installed Windows 7100 RC, the drivers were updated to a newer version and now my desktop and background video gets totally corrupted after...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:58.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App