Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Imaging with free Macrium

13 May 2012   #420
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Make backups, then be bold though.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
13 May 2012   #421
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

"There are old pilots and bold pilots but no old bold pilots"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2012   #422
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

I have added this note to the tutorial. It should speed things up.

Note   Note
The production of the WinPE recovery CD (which is highly recommended) may take up to 3 hours because Macrium needs to download the 1.7GB WAIK (Windows Application Installation Kit). For your convenience I have uploaded a ready made .iso of the WinPE recovery disc to my Fileswap site. That can be downloaded in appr. 8 minutes which clearly beats the WAIK download. Once you downloaded and unzipped the folder, you can burn it directly to a CD with e.g. ImgBurn.

I draw your attention to the fact that this WinPE CD can also be used to make images. That may be convenient in case you do not want to install Macrium on your PC.

Here is the link. Note that Fileswap makes a 15 second pause before you can actually download from their free service. I guess they want to sell me their Pro version.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2012   #423
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
"There are old pilots and bold pilots but no old bold pilots"
There is one I know about.

Chuck Yeager | Ask.com

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 May 2012   #424
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
"There are old pilots and bold pilots but no old bold pilots"
There is one I know about.

Chuck Yeager | Ask.com

Jim
And how may other brave pilots died trying to exceed the speed of sound?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2012   #425
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
"There are old pilots and bold pilots but no old bold pilots"

Maybe not just pilots.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2012   #426
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
John, you are doing fine. I think your main problem is that you are sometimes too timid. Be bold (not bald)

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Make backups, then be bold though.
Absitively!
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
I have added this note to the tutorial. It should speed things up.

Note   Note
The production of the WinPE recovery CD (which is highly recommended) may take up to 3 hours because Macrium needs to download the 1.7GB WAIK (Windows Application Installation Kit). For your convenience I have uploaded a ready made .iso of the WinPE recovery disc to my Fileswap site. That can be downloaded in appr. 8 minutes which clearly beats the WAIK download. Once you downloaded and unzipped the folder, you can burn it directly to a CD with e.g. ImgBurn.

I draw your attention to the fact that this WinPE CD can also be used to make images. That may be convenient in case you do not want to install Macrium on your PC.

Here is the link. Note that Fileswap makes a 15 second pause before you can actually download from their free service. I guess they want to sell me their Pro version.
Very nice addition Wolfgang, appreciated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2012   #427
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
I have added this note to the tutorial. It should speed things up.

Note   Note
The production of the WinPE recovery CD (which is highly recommended) may take up to 3 hours because Macrium needs to download the 1.7GB WAIK (Windows Application Installation Kit). For your convenience I have uploaded a ready made .iso of the WinPE recovery disc to my Fileswap site. That can be downloaded in appr. 8 minutes which clearly beats the WAIK download. Once you downloaded and unzipped the folder, you can burn it directly to a CD with e.g. ImgBurn.

I draw your attention to the fact that this WinPE CD can also be used to make images. That may be convenient in case you do not want to install Macrium on your PC.

Here is the link. Note that Fileswap makes a 15 second pause before you can actually download from their free service. I guess they want to sell me their Pro version.
Sorry late reply Wolfgang ok my friend I will do just that thanks once more
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2012   #428
meltie

Vista Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

This program is fantastic. Since WHS recommended it to me a couple of years ago, I have used it three times to "restore". I image my system once a month (which is often enough for me). His tutorial is excellent as well!

Good stuff!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2012   #429
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by meltie View Post
This program is fantastic. Since WHS recommended it to me a couple of years ago, I have used it three times to "restore". I image my system once a month (which is often enough for me). His tutorial is excellent as well!

Good stuff!
Thanks for the supporting position. Macrium is indeed an exceptional imaging program. I must have done more than 25 restores on various systems and never had a problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Imaging with free Macrium




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
New free imaging program
Aomei just released a new freebie. It is intended for users who just want a one click backup/recovery solution. Free for all uses, works on server os too. It is aimed at those who want something very simple. It makes a recovery partition and creates an entire system backup on there. You...
Backup and Restore
Issues imaging windows 7 pro with Macrium Reflect
Hello today i went an image my os windows 7 pro i follow that video on this forums .Than i went to restore tha image to another hdd in a partition .But when i booted from tha partition i got to the part were it said windows is preparing your desktop than i got a message saying that this copy...
Backup and Restore
Windows/Linux dual-boot imaging using Macrium
G'day, I've setup a dual-boot Windows 7 + LinuxMint13 on a single hard disk. My plan was to use Macrium to image this setup. For the Windows partition, this isn't a problem. For the Linux partition, however, I'm unsure whether a restore of an image of this partition would work, because of my...
Backup and Restore
Macrium Reflect - Cloning and Imaging?
Hi all, couple of days ago I had some difficulties with my SR not working which caused me a huge time waste of re-installation of windows. then I came here and you guys suggested me to use macrium and now I'm very happy with it. at this very moment I should be thankful to WHS, ignatzatsonic,...
Backup and Restore
Ready to start imaging-Data, Macrium, WD My Book - suggestions?
Mostly about backup and imaging, but need to prepare a couple things. I've asked a few questions already and done alot of reading as I am new to this part. But was away and finally ready to start my backup plan:) Any suggestion or changes before I start would be great. My Laptop: Windows 7...
Backup and Restore
Macrium Imaging Problem
Hi, I've encountered an issue using Macrium Reflect FREE x64 Version 4.2 Build 2952, and wonder if anyone can help me understand what is going on. I have used the very same version to image my C: and E: succesfully on a few occasions, using the existing XML defintion files. Now, however,...
Backup and Restore


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:40.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App