Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SF Diagnostic Tool - Using for Troubleshooting

16 Jan 2014   #210
slade1style

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 
Thank you for your reply I have been feeling very alone in this!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Slade, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If it's hung, then you can safely go ahead and restart the PC and try again afterwards.
I will go ahead and restart and see what happens thanks again!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Jan 2014   #211
slade1style

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 
Well it would not reboot back to reg mode!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Slade, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If it's hung, then you can safely go ahead and restart the PC and try again afterwards.
So I had to restart in safe mode. I could not find this post to save my life on my laptop but I was able to from my phone it look as if I am going to have to do a fresh reinstall I have the recovery disk and the driver disks but I don't have a good feeling about this. I think my memory is done for and I want to clean it or part I on it so this does not happen again but I really don't know what the next right move is any thoughts?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2014   #212
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

If you like before reinstalling, you might test your memory with Memtest86+ to see if they pass or fail. It will take a long time to run though.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2014   #213
slade1style

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 
Ok Ram test with Memtestest86+

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
If you like before reinstalling, you might test your memory with Memtest86+ to see if they pass or fail. It will take a long time to run though.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Ok I will go ahead and run it I have nothing to loose it seem like and I have just about had it. But I will remain calm and do what I can that is all can do this laptop is my world and it suck but I just want to save it I paid alot dor it and I just cant bare thinking it is done for! But never say die!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jan 2014   #214
slade1style

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 
So it is running the memtest!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by slade1style View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
If you like before reinstalling, you might test your memory with Memtest86+ to see if they pass or fail. It will take a long time to run though.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Ok I will go ahead and run it I have nothing to loose it seem like and I have just about had it. But I will remain calm and do what I can that is all can do this laptop is my world and it suck but I just want to save it I paid alot dor it and I just cant bare thinking it is done for! But never say die!
It look as though this is going take forever but that is that. I was wondering hopefully it does not give out before the full seven passes it suggest but if it does make through and it probably won't start up other than in safe mode where and how do I get the results. And then I'm not sure exactly how to share them with you? I am on pins and needles I just want my PC back and I've been at this for awhile now so my patience is whereing thin. I just wish there was more I could do while the test was going on but I know that is not happening. Any way fingers crossed I wish that it did more than a test and would actually help fix it while it was working.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2014   #215
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Hopefully your RAM will pass. If it fails, there's nothing that can be done other than to replace the defective RAM module.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2014   #216
slade1style

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 
I hope that is not the case!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hopefully your RAM will pass. If it fails, there's nothing that can be done other than to replace the defective RAM module.
But if so what is the best way about doing that myself?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2014   #217
slade1style

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 
I noticed something!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by slade1style View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hopefully your RAM will pass. If it fails, there's nothing that can be done other than to replace the defective RAM module.
But if so what is the best way about doing that myself?
it says up in the left hand corner (x64 mode) and one of the core# says disabled it has done one pass with 0 errors but also it says down tords the bottom memory SPD information's slit 0 : 4096 mb ddr3-1333-samsung M471b5273dh0-ch9 and then slot 1 : 4096 mb ddr3-1333-samsung m471b5273dh0-ch9 something tells me that this is way weird I have a Samsung phone but my laptop is a Lenovo y570 I don't know what to think should I met it continue or does it think it is running a 64 test. Well I took to pics and tried to attach them to this post I'm not sure they uploaded but the second pic shows a pic of the more right side if the screen and it says test #8 [moving inversions, 32 bit pattern] so I guess that is good. anyway I hope you can see the attached pics!


Attached Thumbnails
SF Diagnostic Tool - Using for Troubleshooting-tmp_img_20140116_1543351432613589.jpg   SF Diagnostic Tool - Using for Troubleshooting-tmp_img_20140116_155506524917873.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2014   #218
slade1style

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 
I'm sorry but!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by slade1style View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by slade1style View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hopefully your RAM will pass. If it fails, there's nothing that can be done other than to replace the defective RAM module.
But if so what is the best way about doing that myself?
it says up in the left hand corner (x64 mode) and one of the core# says disabled it has done one pass with 0 errors but also it says down tords the bottom memory SPD information's slit 0 : 4096 mb ddr3-1333-samsung M471b5273dh0-ch9 and then slot 1 : 4096 mb ddr3-1333-samsung m471b5273dh0-ch9 something tells me that this is way weird I have a Samsung phone but my laptop is a Lenovo y570 I don't know what to think should I met it continue or does it think it is running a 64 test. Well I took to pics and tried to attach them to this post I'm not sure they uploaded but the second pic shows a pic of the more right side if the screen and it says test #8 [moving inversions, 32 bit pattern] so I guess that is good. anyway I hope you can see the attached pics!
sorry but it said to let it pass at least seven time but it said it was complete after one pass with no errors and said press ESC to exit well I didn't but I did push c for con figuration and it say 1 test selection 2 address range 3 error range 4 core selection 5 refresh screenv6 display dmi data 7 display spd data and 0 continue which do I choose I thought it would give me a choice to continue to the next pass test
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2014   #219
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Did you stop the test by mistake?

The Samsung bit is just the name of the manufacturer of the RAM.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SF Diagnostic Tool - Using for Troubleshooting




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
SF Diagnostic Tool
Good Evening Folks: As per the instructions contained in the SF Diagnostic Tool, please find attached the results of the scan. Please note the Minidump scan reported that there was no file. Regards Powell Lucas
BSOD Help and Support
Is there a Mouse Diagnostic tool?
I have a Logitech MX300 with wireless 3 button mouse. The left, right and scroll wheel work fine, the center button doesn't seem to work at all. I have the latest version of SetPoint and tried setting it up with different key mappings but to no avail. I'm not even sure if it's working. Is...
Hardware & Devices
WMI Diagnostic Tool for 64-Bit
When I execute version 2.0 of the Microsoft's WMI Diagnostic Tool on my 64-bit Home Premium system, I get an 'Unsupported OS version or build #' error. Am I doing something wrong? If the tool doesn't work on 64-bit, is there a similar tool available which will? Thanks!
Software
memory diagnostic tool
does win 7's memory diagnostic tool always takes a long time from 21% to 22% on extended run? standard, short tests finish quickly i can run 2/3 tests in no time at all
Performance & Maintenance
SF Diagnostic Tool
SF Diagnostic Tool is to collect the information required to Analysis Blue Screen of Death and other troubleshooting purpose. Tool has been replaced with the GUI version https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/92394-using-sf-diagnostic-tool-troubleshooting.html Hope this helps, Captain
Crash and lockup debug 'How To'


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:30.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App