Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows XP Guest as normal VM.

19 Mar 2010   #11
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
I use VM's extensively and XP Mode is and always has been terribly slow compared to the competing products from Sun and VMWare. Even with the performance tweaks its' substantially different for me.

For this reason, I don't use XP mode, but rather VMWare Player 3 is my personal app of choice and has served me very well.
Well i'm not planning using it a lot...i might let now as the trick work.

Thanks!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 Mar 2010   #12
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
I use VM's extensively and XP Mode is and always has been terribly slow compared to the competing products from Sun and VMWare. Even with the performance tweaks its' substantially different for me.

For this reason, I don't use XP mode, but rather VMWare Player 3 is my personal app of choice and has served me very well.
Well i'm not planning using it a lot...i might let now as the trick work.

Thanks!
I think the tweaks make a difference...however I don't believe that it brings it to the performance of the other apps though. But mind you, I'm a pretty heavy VM user and am quite critical of how my things are performing and running. I'd be willing to bet that most don't spend enough time with the other apps to really see and feel the difference....that is just my gut feel.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2010   #13
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
I use VM's extensively and XP Mode is and always has been terribly slow compared to the competing products from Sun and VMWare. Even with the performance tweaks its' substantially different for me.

For this reason, I don't use XP mode, but rather VMWare Player 3 is my personal app of choice and has served me very well.
Well i'm not planning using it a lot...i might let now as the trick work.

Thanks!
I think the tweaks make a difference...however I don't believe that it brings it to the performance of the other apps though. But mind you, I'm a pretty heavy VM user and am quite critical of how my things are performing and running. I'd be willing to bet that most don't spend enough time with the other apps to really see and feel the difference....that is just my gut feel.
I understand.
Please, have a look at my thread here....
My UC is running Very High in XP Mode
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Mar 2010   #14
Kari

 

NoN, no need to rep, your positive response is more than enough. Anyway, you can not rep old posts, I think the limit is two weeks or something like that.

I'm happy this small addition to options seems to melp you.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2010   #15
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
NoN, no need to rep, your positive response is more than enough. Anyway, you can not rep old posts, I think the limit is two weeks or something like that.

I'm happy this small addition to options seems to melp you.

Kari
Too late! you're repped
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows XP Guest as normal VM.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Is guest mode available in windows 7?
I need something like guest mode for a couple of computers I'm working on. I have guest accounts but I'd like their histories to be wiped when the users log out of the accounts. Thank you for your help.
General Discussion
Windows 7 Guest Account
Hi, I have enabled the guest account on my 7 ultimate. Whenever, I login as a guest, I am still able to see the C drive and all the folders under it (except admin account folder). My requirement is that when any user logs in from the guest account and clicks on C drive, it should ask for...
General Discussion
Licencing For Windows Guest OS
Hello everyone! I have a Windows 7 Home premium machine. I also have a spare licence of Windows XP (Retail). My plan is to use windows XP inside of Windows Virtual PC (which I downloaded). The Licence of XP is not installed on any other computers right now. My questions are as follows: -Is...
Virtualization
Is guest mode still in Windows 7
I am very interested n this but cannot seem to find in on my win 7 pro. On the net it seems it was put in win 7 beta, then taken out, then put back in. Is it there if so I can't seem to find it. Thanks
General Discussion
Windows 7 as Base and Guest
I have a base machine which is 64 bit Windows 7 Enterprise. Can i create a 64 bit Windows 7 Enterprise VM on the base machine?
Virtualization
Windows 7 as guest on VirtualBox
Hi did anybody tried to install Windows 7 as guest OS on VirtualBox ? Did it work ? Regards Piotr
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:35.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App