Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can't register windows 7 does Acronis true image take ownership

15 May 2011   #21
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Weird? I don't know whats going on? I still don't think its because of anything Acronis has done? You haven't used this product code on another PC have you?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 May 2011   #22
hollyoaks777

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
Weird? I don't know whats going on? I still don't think its because of anything Acronis has done? You haven't used this product code on another PC have you?
No mate but i have used jellybean before could someone have got it then.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2011   #23
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Were did you get this copy of Windows 7? I have to ask because of your "my product has expired" statement. Kind of makes me think its a technet of MSDN version. On those versions you are only allowed to install it on certain number of PC's and there is a limit on the amount of activations allowed. Once the limit is reached, the "next" time you try to activate it gets refused. PC's that are already activated are fine. Restoring an Acronis image would fall under already activated. I think there is a sticky somewhere on how to tell if you got ripped off by E-bay etc. I'll have to have a look for it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 May 2011   #24
hollyoaks777

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
Were did you get this copy of Windows 7? I have to ask because of your "my product has expired" statement. Kind of makes me think its a technet of MSDN version. On those versions you are only allowed to install it on certain number of PC's and there is a limit on the amount of activations allowed. Once the limit is reached, the "next" time you try to activate it gets refused. PC's that are already activated are fine. Restoring an Acronis image would fall under already activated. I think there is a sticky somewhere on how to tell if you got ripped off by E-bay etc. I'll have to have a look for it.
That's exactly where i got it mate. I had no idea about what you said above about the limit thank god for acronis. That's crazy Microsoft can't tell you how many crashes your going to have so what's the point in giving you it crazy. Can i still get updates for it as its activated or is that finished too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2011   #25
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Its not Microsoft's fault! Any body that paid for a Technet/MSDN subscription is advised of the limitations of that license. They know what they can and cannot do. One of the things that they cannot do is resell their Windows 7 License/product code on E-Bay etc. Some do anyway and that product code gets black listed when Microsoft figures it out. Even if it doesn't get blacklisted eventually you hit the limit on number of PCs or number of activations. Mainly because that person sold that product code to more than one person. They get greedy and you end up paying for it. My advice to you is to buy a new copy of Windows 7 from a reputable dealer. Sooner or latter something is going to trigger a re-activation and it will fail. Adding new hardware can do it. Windows might do it on its own at some point in time. Microsoft is always looking for pirated copies so windows update may do it also. The next WGA update will likely get you a "Your version is not legal" popup. If you bought it off of E-bay you got ripped off. I hope you didn't pay a lot for it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2011   #26
hollyoaks777

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
Its not Microsoft's fault! Any body that paid for a Technet/MSDN subscription is advised of the limitations of that license. They know what they can and cannot do. One of the things that they cannot do is resell their Windows 7 License/product code on E-Bay etc. Some do anyway and that product code gets black listed when Microsoft figures it out. Even if it doesn't get blacklisted eventually you hit the limit on number of PCs or number of activations. Mainly because that person sold that product code to more than one person. They get greedy and you end up paying for it. My advice to you is to buy a new copy of Windows 7 from a reputable dealer. Sooner or latter something is going to trigger a re-activation and it will fail. Adding new hardware can do it. Windows might do it on its own at some point in time. Microsoft is always looking for pirated copies so windows update may do it also. The next WGA update will likely get you a "Your version is not legal" popup. If you bought it off of E-bay you got ripped off. I hope you didn't pay a lot for it.
I wasn't told about this by college teacher so it is not my fault. He told us its our's to keep for good not buying of e-bay but what you can do is help me with amazon Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User: Amazon.co.uk: Software
you will see 28 new from £69.00 that confuses me am i getting brand new windows 7 installation disc, because as you see it is selling for £161.95
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2011   #27
seavixen32

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

If you're still a student you can buy an upgrade version of Windows 7 very cheaply.

Windows 7 Student - Buy Windows 7 Student Upgrade

Also, if you think you have been sold software that proves to be dodgy you can report it to Microsoft via their anti-piracy hotline and who knows, they may even give you an activation code in return.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2011   #28
hollyoaks777

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
If you're still a student you can buy an upgrade version of Windows 7 very cheaply.

Windows 7 Student - Buy Windows 7 Student Upgrade

Also, if you think you have been sold software that proves to be dodgy you can report it to Microsoft via their anti-piracy hotline and who knows, they may even give you an activation code in return.
It was an ELMS account mate i think that is the same as MSDN by that i mean that's where they got the products from and there was no detail in the elms account which i don't have anymore about how many times you can install it. It just told you what you were downloading and that was that, Since my last activation was successful i am hoping that acronis backup will be ok as that's when i created my image. I have also E-mailed the teacher that gave us the elms account as he said it was for good. Thanks for the link mate

p.s off to bed mot feeling to well will respond tomorrow. Thanks to all who posted I would have mentioned that in the first place about elms account but i didn't think it mattered because of what the teacher told us that it was for life
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2011   #29
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

When you said "That's exactly where i got it mate." I just assumed you meant E-Bay, as that was what i was referring to. In any case, contact the seller, your teacher in this case and see whats up. I'm probably going to call it quits for the night too. I'll have a look again tomorrow.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 May 2011   #30
hollyoaks777

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
When you said "That's exactly where i got it mate." I just assumed you meant E-Bay, as that was what i was referring to. In any case, contact the seller, your teacher in this case and see whats up. I'm probably going to call it quits for the night too. I'll have a look again tomorrow.
I have sent e-mail last night to him, he still has not got in touch mate. I will let you know how it goes he got in touch and provided a new key as a one off he has made my day.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can't register windows 7 does Acronis true image take ownership




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Any Acronis True Image users out there ?
Feel really dumb about this but how do you restore a ".tib" file creates with Acronis True Image software ? I've looked around on the help files on their site but still not sure what to do ? Since it's a tib file....will it load using Windows installation DVD...?...or do you somehow have to...
Performance & Maintenance
Acronis True Image 2009 work with Windows 7 64 bit???
An oldie but goodie! Does anyone know? I have been using Windows 7 backup and restore but never tested out the “restore” part and frankly don’t trust it. Another problem is that I don’t have enough room (so says the MS backup program) to backup a 640 GB system disk to a empty 640 GB disk...
Backup and Restore
Does anyone know how to use Acronis true Image
Does anyone know how to use Acronis true Image. I have Lost 52GB from my hard drive how can i get it back. The reason for it was that i made 2 backups of my computer to my documents with Acronis true image 1 was sector by sector and 1 wasn't, I then cut and pasted them into my external hard drive,...
Backup and Restore
Acronis True Image
How many installs can I use with Acronis True Image? I have 4 computers that all need a backup program. Complete hard disk recovery solution, backup, drive copy, clone and image computer software
Backup and Restore
Windows 7 and Acronis True Image 2010: BOOTMBR ERROR an
Hello, I've been having terrible problems... I was using Acronis True Image 2010 and trying to duplicate some data from an image file created by Acronis (my documents) to move to a different partition on another HDD. As I did this, the computer restarted (strangely). I've tried all sorts, ...
Backup and Restore
Acronis True Image doubts
Althought it realy don´t take much time : clean OS install + all my programs (not many and not many tweaks nor tricks) takes around 2 hours to install, if i could shrink this time it will be good. So, i took a look at acronis: 1. i backed up partition C (Windows 7 installation) - all photos,...
Backup and Restore


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

İ Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:37.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App