Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: windows saying not genuine

26 May 2012   #21
Arushi

windows 7 ultimate x32
 
 
thanks

Quote:
Then go for it. They may take a few days for the replacement.
sure. thanks for help:)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 May 2012   #22
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

You are welcome ... and inform us what happened .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2012   #23
Arushi

windows 7 ultimate x32
 
 

for sure.. :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 May 2012   #24
FaberTech

Windows 7 x64 / Windows Server 2008 / Linux (Redhat & Deb distros) / OS X / More
 
 

In the mean time if the trial stage is counting down to 0 soon and you need more time, you can extend your trial period by clicking start, typ cmd (run it as administrator), and type,

sysprep /generalize
slmgr.vbs –rearm
rundll32 slc.dll,SLReArmWindows
slmgr /rearm

Although this may not work because of your issue, it should and its worth a try. that is if you need to. :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2012   #25
Arushi

windows 7 ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FaberTech View Post
In the mean time if the trial stage is counting down to 0 soon and you need more time, you can extend your trial period by clicking start, typ cmd (run it as administrator), and type,

sysprep /generalize
slmgr.vbs –rearm
rundll32 slc.dll,SLReArmWindows
slmgr /rearm

Although this may not work because of your issue, it should and its worth a try. that is if you need to. :)
yup u were right. it did not work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2012   #26
FaberTech

Windows 7 x64 / Windows Server 2008 / Linux (Redhat & Deb distros) / OS X / More
 
 

then try just slmgr -rearm

I think i may have typed the one other ones wrong. this one i just tried in a vm and it worked fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2012   #27
Arushi

windows 7 ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FaberTech View Post
then try just slmgr -rearm

I think i may have typed the one other ones wrong. this one i just tried in a vm and it worked fine.
k wl try
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2012   #28
Arushi

windows 7 ultimate x32
 
 

hey

something weird happened right now. my windows suddenly said it is genuine for a minute or so. i checked computer properties it also showed activated. but it was again saying not genuine after a minute
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2012   #29
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)/Win10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arushi View Post
thanks for telling the actual problem. but is there a solution too except re-installing?? coz m really pissed off i contacted dell regarding this and they said they will talk to the dealer. coz we were not provided with any dvd for os, by which we could re-install
There is no safe option apart from a reinstall, no.

Is theree a COA sticker on the case of the machine?
If not then it left Dell without Windows loaded, and you will have to purchase a Full Retail License.

If there is a COA sticker, then you can order a set of Recovery disks from Dell,
which will bring the machine back to its original ex-factory state.


The reason I recommend a reformat where a Loader is found is that there is no telling what 'features' have also been installed either together with the Loader, or by it - which means that you may not actually be in control of your cmputer at all, and it could (in theory at least) be spewing millions of spam emails out onto the internet, or stealing all your banking details and sending them to a server somewhere in Moscow.
A proper reformat/reinstall will obviously stop this happening, while attempts to discover and/or remove such hacks may simply hide them from view, only to resurface later.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2012   #30
Arushi

windows 7 ultimate x32
 
 

Quote:

There is no safe option apart from a reinstall, no.

Is theree a COA sticker on the case of the machine?
If not then it left Dell without Windows loaded, and you will have to purchase a Full Retail License.

If there is a COA sticker, then you can order a set of Recovery disks from Dell,
which will bring the machine back to its original ex-factory state.


The reason I recommend a reformat where a Loader is found is that there is no telling what 'features' have also been installed either together with the Loader, or by it - which means that you may not actually be in control of your cmputer at all, and it could (in theory at least) be spewing millions of spam emails out onto the internet, or stealing all your banking details and sending them to a server somewhere in Moscow.
A proper reformat/reinstall will obviously stop this happening, while attempts to discover and/or remove such hacks may simply hide them from view, only to resurface later.
yes there is a COA sticker and thanks for the advice. i would surely ask for recovery disks from dell. but please read my last post also.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 windows saying not genuine




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Another non genuine copy of Windows that is in fact genuine problem
There was a 5 page thread on trying to downgrade from Ultimate to Win 7 Pro but I thought I should start a new thread. I have a thead on a different forum but was hoping someone here might know the answer. Users computer says Windows is not genuine, was 7 pro, in Sept 2013 we upgraded to...
Windows Updates & Activation
laptop says copy of windows 7 not genuine but it is genuine
Recently a note has appeared on bottom right of screen on my laptop which says-This copy of windows is not genuine. I know for a fact it is genuine as i only purchased it 0n the 3rd December 2010. I have not had any problems with it until the note appeared on my laptop last week. Can someone...
Windows Updates & Activation
Genuine Problems--Windows is not genuine.
I re-installed Windows 7 home premium on my refurbished optiplex 745. Whenever I entered my product key it froze, knowing i could enter it later, i skipped that step, hear are a few snapshots of the problem:
Installation & Setup
Why has my genuine Windows 7 Home Premium turned 'Un-genuine'?
Hi Sevenforums, I've bought an Asus Laptop last year with a genuine copy of windows 7 Home Premium. But, as of today, it has turned 'un-genuine'. Why is it so? What can I do? Thanks!
Windows Updates & Activation
ASUS Notebook - Genuine Windows but getting not genuine messages
Hi I have an ASUS notebook (U31F i5 with 4 GB mem) which until recently I used only occasionally. It has Legit Office 2010, but no CD/DVD drive. My desktop hard disk crashed in a big way so I am using the notebook as my main computer. It has just recently started throwing up messages that my...
Windows Updates & Activation


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App