Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Checking for updates of my windows 7 system no longer responds

25 Jun 2012   #51
gregrocker

 

I do not understand why you are not willing to delete all of the threats found by reliable Malwarebytes.

What are these programs exactly? Are they warez, because we are not able to continue helping you if you are using warez.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Jun 2012   #52
Layback Bear

Windows 10 Pro. 64/ version 1709 Windows 7 Pro/64
 
 

1. Please run this tool and post the results.
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012
2. Remove all anti virus, anti malware programs.
2. Install MSE and Malwarebytes Anti Malware, update them.
4. Remove all illegal software. Whether you need them, want them doesn't matter.
5. Update MSE and MAM and run complete scans and let them remove what they
find. If they find bad things let us know what they find.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For 51 post and 4 days these good people have been trying to help you and for what ever reason you won't let them. Do these things and they will be able to help you. If you don't do them; well have a nice day.
Layback Bear!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2012   #53
a cooperator

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1-64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
I do not understand why you are not willing to delete all of the threats found by reliable Malwarebytes.

What are these programs exactly? Are they warez, because we are not able to continue helping you if you are using warez.
Those are just normal programs, Please understand me, if these copies files were threats, I would delete them without any hesitate
But I don't believe that copies of program(NOT installation) are threats.
If I delete them, will my problem with updates of windows and the others solve?
I don't think because there isn't any relation between the copies of programs and my problems, unless these copies become installed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Jun 2012   #54
gregrocker

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by a cooperator View Post
Finally: I am fairly sure that my computer is infected, so I am quite scared that if I insert the external HDD to be divided, it will be infected. Or at least when I move the my data into it.
If you're worried that your computer is infected then run the scans and clean up what they report.

You are being unnecessarily stubborn and irritating those trying to help you.

Let us know when you clean up the infections which Malwarebytes and Windows Defender offline report.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2012   #55
a cooperator

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1-64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by a cooperator View Post
Finally: I am fairly sure that my computer is infected, so I am quite scared that if I insert the external HDD to be divided, it will be infected. Or at least when I move the my data into it.
If you're worried that your computer is infected then run the scans and clean up what they report.

You are being unnecessarily stubborn and irritating those trying to help you.

Let us know when you clean up the infections which Malwarebytes and Windows Defender offline report.

Thank you Gregrocker,
I don't want to irritate you, but I want to know what I want to do and what I remove to benefit from this problem in the future.

I said fairly (30%) sure that my computer is infected because the updates of windows, system restore and Backup and restore icons don't respond when I click on them. So, I was expecting that I would find threats which are installed in my computer. In other words, infected programs are installed on my computer. So when I delete those program, my problem will solve. However, when I found out that all those threats are detected inside copies program (Not installed). How copies program will cause such problem at all?

On the other hand, I found out that 'Malwarebytes' found only 12 threads, however, 'Windows Defender offline' found much more threats than 'Malwarebytes'. All of them are copies (WINRAR FILES)

What would you like to explain this?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2012   #56
gregrocker

 

I think you have a lot of warez on your PC you are trying to protect by not cooperating with us from the start.

If not then you'll delete everything found by both scans and we will move on.

You may need a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 or Repair Install if removing the malware followed by SFC -SCANNOW Command don't set it right.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jun 2012   #57
a cooperator

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1-64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
I think you have a lot of warez on your PC you are trying to protect by not cooperating with us from the start.

If not then you'll delete everything found by both scans and we will move on.

You may need a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 or Repair Install if removing the malware followed by SFC -SCANNOW Command don't set it right.
Thank you Greg, but how can I follow these steps either 'clean reinstall' or 'repair install' as long as I want to fix the problem on this compute of mine.

I have done 'SFC -SCANNOW Command' before and it found some problem in the first time and notified me that it repaired them. But when I run it again and again didn't found anything. But I didn't found any logs of repaired files by sfc scan.
I wan to proceed to 'repair' or 'clean reinstall'. Do you think this ' Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 or Repair Install' is better than restore from the backup which is in the recovery of factory?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jun 2012   #58
gregrocker

 

Repair Install reinstalls the OS while keeping all programs, files and settings in place. It can solve problems in about half the cases I've seen. If not then move on to Clean Reinstall.

Clean Reinstall is superior to factory recovery because it reinstalls only the OS without all of the factory bloatware and useless OEM utilities that have better versions built into Win7. If you follow the steps in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 to install and maintain your OS then you'll have a perfect install which you can image so you never have to reinstall again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jun 2012   #59
a cooperator

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1-64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Repair Install reinstalls the OS while keeping all programs, files and settings in place. It can solve problems in about half the cases I've seen. If not then move on to Clean Reinstall.

Clean Reinstall is superior to factory recovery because it reinstalls only the OS without all of the factory bloatware and useless OEM utilities that have better versions built into Win7. If you follow the steps in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 to install and maintain your OS then you'll have a perfect install which you can image so you never have to reinstall again.
Thank you Greg,
I am facing a problem because I have only one computer which needs being fixed. So, how can I remember a step in case I forget it while doing ' Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 or Repair Install?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jun 2012   #60
gregrocker

 

Print out each tutorial. Ask all the questions you need ahead.

Have access to another device to contact us if you have a problem - smart phone, friend or neighbor's computer, internet kiosk, etc.

If you have a tech-savvy friend ask them to come over to help you or at least bring their smart phone or laptop.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Checking for updates of my windows 7 system no longer responds




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Win7 & Defender no longer finds/installs updates—perpetually checking
Hello and thanks for reading. My Win7 system has run without issues for years now (I keep a clean, well-organized PC). However, within the last few months (I believe it started in late November or December) Windows Update simply stopped working (FYI, I have it set to automatically check for,...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows updates stuck checking for updates for hours
I installed windows 7 yesterday but windows update is now stuck on checking for updates all the time. Doesn't download or install any updates That said i looked up and tried a lot of solutions/fixes online but no luck, nothing worked. Any help is much appreciated. I don't wanna upgrade to...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 stuck on checking for updates
I'm a experienced user & know my way around the PC both HW & SW wise. However I have come up against a problem & I have tried everything to fix it to no avail. I had to re install Win 7 on my laptop which is a pretty modern one. Anyways installed win 7 Ultimate, activated without problems. So I...
Windows Updates & Activation
Endlessly checking for updates system load constantly at 100%
Firstly, I'm just going to say that I learned pretty much everything I know about computers from google so please be nice to me. A couple of days ago windows update cause my CPU load to be constantly at 100%. So I googled. Someone advised to deleting the software distribution folder will fix it so...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows Updates keeps checking for updates
Hi guys, so I got this new-to-me Acer Aspire 5315 laptop as a gift from a friend whose new laptop I just cleaned (still angry about lenovo's bloatware obsession). For the complete specs I included the full DxDiag.txt output. So I freshly installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 on it, and for three...
Windows Updates & Activation


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App